Jump to content
Ryfterek

[Wave IV] HD spreads for N1, Resistance Transport & Hyena

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ryfterek said:

Ok, Anakin Friggin Skywalker aside...

Is "Odd Ball" the only Clone pilot in existence experienced enough to deserve INI5 ranking? 

At the same time, him being a master of arts of piloting any GAR starfighter? 

I get it, the Jedi are our to-go aces, but c'mon...

And hes an awful ps5 to boot, that ability will rarely trigger. Easier on a small base, but still. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

A guess but from what I can see of Sun Fac's ability it is an extra attack die against a tractored target for both his bullseye and turret arc primary.

That’s also what I gathered. That’s pretty nasty... I was wondering if these might have Wedge / Soontir pricing, but these are pretty strong abilities for the named guys. Sun Fac might be closer to Vader / Fenn pricing? 

The I4 might price similarly to Grievous? 

Does anyone expect them to have a tactical relay slot? There’s not a relay in the spread, but I’d be curious if they set up a ship that can’t independently have a vulture screen. 

Edited by PaulRuddSays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

That’s also what I gathered. That’s pretty nasty... I was wondering if these might have Wedge / Soontir pricing, but these are pretty strong abilities for the named guys. Sun Fac might be closer to Vader / Fenn pricing? 

Does anyone expect them to have a tactical relay slot? 

I don't expect a tact relay slot. Seems just supplemental to the Separatist Alliance and not building specifically on enhancing droids. The abilities are what will up the cost on these ships for sure but you have to remember they are bullseye arc to get 3 dice, single turret arc for 2 dice, can only rotate if tractored, can only reposition if tractored, and have 4 hull. I'd guess at this point they might cost closer to TIE Strikers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RStan said:

I don't expect a tact relay slot. Seems just supplemental to the Separatist Alliance and not building specifically on enhancing droids. The abilities are what will up the cost on these ships for sure but you have to remember they are bullseye arc to get 3 dice, single turret arc for 2 dice, can only rotate if tractored, can only reposition if tractored, and have 4 hull. I'd guess at this point they might cost closer to TIE Strikers. 

Other than points cost (I'm expecting higher, they have dang good action economy) I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Dedicated is probably the worst of the "faction identity" EPTs

I really cannot get behind this in a world where Ruthless exists.

Now if your statement was that Dedicated has way too high opportunity cost to take (generic only, elite genetics have a 4-5 point bump over base generic) I would agree. 7 points for a BSP with dedicated is obscene when Heroic costs 1.

However it isn’t _bad_, in isolation. I have a list with a dedicated BSP, 2 Arc’s, and a Jedi. It’s actually fairly decent, Dedicated has done work for me. Not 7 points worth, but some.

But restricting to generics only is ridiculous, and it should be 1 point, max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


Six, but who's counting?  🙄 

So, to make your point in order to whine about Republic having more ships than Resistance requires (1) treating the Delta and Delta 7B Config as two different ships while also ignoring that (2) the Resistance Shuttle is literally two ships when you take into account the escape pod, which clearly has its own pilot cards (stat line) and dial based on the spread. And if the Escape Craft from the Lando Falcon has taught us anything, it may well be a meta-force as a ship on its own.

Otherwise, fair and balanced griping!

It was four in the morning, I already said that. The Republic has better diversity anyway, and you know why? It's actually going to get consistent content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RStan said:

I don't expect a tact relay slot. Seems just supplemental to the Separatist Alliance and not building specifically on enhancing droids. The abilities are what will up the cost on these ships for sure but you have to remember they are bullseye arc to get 3 dice, single turret arc for 2 dice, can only rotate if tractored, can only reposition if tractored, and have 4 hull. I'd guess at this point they might cost closer to TIE Strikers. 

To be clear, I also don’t expect a relay slot, but that really changes the available archetypes for CIS, right?

I’m confident someone will figure out the best set-up for a Sun Fac serve-up for a Maul double tap. 

Is there a clarification in the rules about whether a rotate action actually has to change the facing of your turret? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Is there a clarification in the rules about whether a rotate action actually has to change the facing of your turret? 

Yes it does have to rotate to perform the action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

But restricting to generics only is ridiculous, and it should be 1 point, max.


Agreed on both fronts, but I'm looking at the card as is, and while its cost could down, it's always gonna have a "meh" effect that is hard to trigger and limited specifically to be EPT-sporting generic pilots.  This makes it, regardless of cost, the worst of the "faction EPTs" in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RStan said:

Yes it does have to rotate to perform the action. 

I looked it up after I asked and found the same thing. Less abusable. I still doubt we’ll get anything below Wedge pricing when you can occasionally set up a 5 dice attack on a tractored enemy? 

I agree to the earlier comment that the rest of these could be priced like strikers, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, svelok said:

Now with wave 6, too:

SWZ47_SmallNantex_Overview_01.jpg

I’ve mostly convinced myself that the card behind Ensnare reads something to the effect of: While defending, you may reroll a die for each tractored ship in your mobile arc. 

Agree? Disagree? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


Agreed on both fronts, but I'm looking at the card as is, and while its cost could down, it's always gonna have a "meh" effect that is hard to trigger and limited specifically to be EPT-sporting generic pilots.  This makes it, regardless of cost, the worst of the "faction EPTs" in my book.

A matter of perspective I guess.

Fearless encourages you to Range 1 kamikaze ships

Selfless simply spreads damage, but that is pretty amazing. Second best IMO

Heroic is clearly the best faction EPT. The 1 point avoidance of dice screwing is fantastic

Ruthless is just bad, generally. Taking a damage to potentially do one more is rarely worth it.

Fanatical does… something? I don’t fly FO and have never seen it in use. Seems maybe ok.

Treacherous is limited, but seems potent with droid swarms. 3 point hull upgrade that cancels a crit perhaps? Using it twice is just gravy. 

Devoted can save damage as well. Usable every turn. I’ve had it trigger multiple times on a game, in such a way as to keep a big gun alive one more turn than it would have otherwise.

Heroic and Selfless are clearly heads and shoulders the best, and it isn’t even close.

Fearless and Fanatical are decent offensive boosts based on sub optimal triggering conditions. But free dice mods isn’t to be sniffed at. They have a place

Treacherous and Devoted are defensive buffs that have conditions. Treacherous seems stronger, but in game more limited triggering. The restrictions are what hold them back. But are playable, aside from the 7 point premium for Devoted being too steep, but that’s not a problem with Devoted, just the carriers.

Ruthless is trash. By far the worst, and it is not close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

To be clear, I also don’t expect a relay slot, but that really changes the available archetypes for CIS, right?

I’m confident someone will figure out the best set-up for a Sun Fac serve-up for a Maul double tap. 

Is there a clarification in the rules about whether a rotate action actually has to change the facing of your turret? 

I'm super looking forward to a sun maul grievous list now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I'm super looking forward to a sun maul grievous list now.

Basically does Sun Fac cost more, less, or at 56 pts with Ensnare. Maul w/ Hate, Scimitar, & Dooku and Grievous w/ Souless One & Impervium Plating totals to 144 pts. If Sun Fac w/ Ensnare is 51 or less, you can put Palp on Maul instead of Dooku. Impervium Plating might be expendable to make it fit with a solid bid. 

Edited by RStan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd drop Dooku and Scimitar over Impervium. Dooku can be useful but holding onto Impervium means you have two ships that are a durable threat while the flanker does their flanking. Keeping Dooku over it puts your eggs in one basket for tanking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 3:42 PM, millertime059 said:

A matter of perspective I guess.

Fearless encourages you to Range 1 kamikaze ships

Selfless simply spreads damage, but that is pretty amazing. Second best IMO

Heroic is clearly the best faction EPT. The 1 point avoidance of dice screwing is fantastic

Ruthless is just bad, generally. Taking a damage to potentially do one more is rarely worth it.

Fanatical does… something? I don’t fly FO and have never seen it in use. Seems maybe ok.

Treacherous is limited, but seems potent with droid swarms. 3 point hull upgrade that cancels a crit perhaps? Using it twice is just gravy. 

Devoted can save damage as well. Usable every turn. I’ve had it trigger multiple times on a game, in such a way as to keep a big gun alive one more turn than it would have otherwise.

Heroic and Selfless are clearly heads and shoulders the best, and it isn’t even close.

Fearless and Fanatical are decent offensive boosts based on sub optimal triggering conditions. But free dice mods isn’t to be sniffed at. They have a place

Treacherous and Devoted are defensive buffs that have conditions. Treacherous seems stronger, but in game more limited triggering. The restrictions are what hold them back. But are playable, aside from the 7 point premium for Devoted being too steep, but that’s not a problem with Devoted, just the carriers.

Ruthless is trash. By far the worst, and it is not close.

Agree.

 

Ruthless is so bad it is embarrassing.  It could add an entire hit result, come down in cost and still only be mediocre.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I hope someone saved a copy of these images, because they’re gone now except for the Hyena 😔

I did save the Y-wing and Nantex, actually. In case anyone wants them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 3:42 PM, millertime059 said:

Ruthless is just bad, generally. Taking a damage to potentially do one more is rarely worth it.

The only way I see Ruthless ever really being taken is if it was 0 points and you just slap it on if  you don't have the points for something else or have the spot open and you use it if you are really trying to get that clench hit in there.

On 4/18/2019 at 3:42 PM, millertime059 said:

Fanatical does… something? I don’t fly FO and have never seen it in use. Seems maybe ok.

I've seen it used decently on Quickdraw, so you can use it as your focus mod for attacking and lets you take a target lock to use to play with FCS or just save your focus for defense. Also it helps on the last return shot when you lost your last shield for the free mod.

On 4/18/2019 at 3:42 PM, millertime059 said:

Devoted can save damage as well. Usable every turn. I’ve had it trigger multiple times on a game, in such a way as to keep a big gun alive one more turn than it would have otherwise.

I think if they lowered Devoted to 1 point, and reduced the large gap between Int 2 and Int 3 generics to be like every other faction with a 2 point increase it would see some play. Int 3 V-19s with Devoted at 28 points seem like they would be perfectly fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I think 

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

The only way I see Ruthless ever really being taken is if it was 0 points and you just slap it on if  you don't have the points for something else or have the spot open and you use it if you are really trying to get that clench hit in there.

I've seen it used decently on Quickdraw, so you can use it as your focus mod for attacking and lets you take a target lock to use to play with FCS or just save your focus for defense. Also it helps on the last return shot when you lost your last shield for the free mod.

I think if they lowered Devoted to 1 point, and reduced the large gap between Int 2 and Int 3 generics to be like every other faction with a 2 point increase it would see some play. Int 3 V-19s with Devoted at 28 points seem like they would be perfectly fine. 

All of this sounds about right. I don’t think a Devoted BSP is bad, per se, but not worth the 32 points it costs. Now if I’ve got 7 points spare? I’ll consider it. But there are many things I’ll add before that. Like Concussion Missiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...