Jump to content
Ryfterek

[Wave IV] HD spreads for N1, Resistance Transport & Hyena

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Not necessarily. A Handmaid can provide evades for a buddy. We don't know if padme's pilot ability lets her protect anyone except herself, unless someone has a better read of the pilot text.

If she was to effect but herself, her wording would more likely begin with "When you defend, if the attacker..." sort of a clause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HelHound said:

On the “Decoyed” cars it really makes it sound like you can give the boost to yourself in the bottom half of the card. 

Except you can tell by the visible part of the Naboo Handmaid textbox that the condition cannot be assigned to the same/another Handmaid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HelHound said:

On the “Decoyed” cars it really makes it sound like you can give the boost to yourself in the bottom half of the card. 

The bottom half is explaining that they make better decoys when they are trying to draw attention away from someone in the same ship type. If they help an N-1 the Handmaidens can spend an evade token to add a whole die result. If they help any other ship they can only change die results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ryfterek said:

Except you can tell by the visible part of the Naboo Handmaid textbox that the condition cannot be assigned to the same/another Handmaid.

Thanks, didn’t catch that part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cybu said:

The Resistance will actually have 6 ships. The Transport expansion comes with 2 different ships: a Resistance Transport ship miniature and a Cockpid Pod ship miniature.

I know that.

14 hours ago, Matanui3 said:

If 7b is a different ship, you have to count the shuttle and it’s stand-alone cockpit as two ships as well.  That will leave Resistance with six ships as well.

 

The real loser here is the First Order, stuck at four if I’m not forgetting anything.

It was 4 in the morning, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuinely not sure how many Hyenas I want to order now. I like ordnance ships, but I feel like landing a hit with these guys is going to be a rough go compared to any other ordnance carrier. Some of these almost seem more like support ships that happen to have ordnance capacity, and others just seem like poor ordnance carriers, even compared to Vultures. The Bombardment Drone isn't terrible if you're going to lean into the bombs they provide, but that's about it. 

I'm kind of torn. I want to really love them, but... I don't know. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

Genuinely not sure how many Hyenas I want to order now. I like ordnance ships, but I feel like landing a hit with these guys is going to be a rough go compared to any other ordnance carrier. Some of these almost seem more like support ships that happen to have ordnance capacity, and others just seem like poor ordnance carriers, even compared to Vultures. The Bombardment Drone isn't terrible if you're going to lean into the bombs they provide, but that's about it. 

I'm kind of torn. I want to really love them, but... I don't know. Maybe I was expecting too much.

One in a list can take this. It should help with getting the needed locks. :)

•DRK-1 Probe Droids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

One in a list can take this. It should help with getting the needed locks. :)

Also they have the new Passive Sensors in their spread, I believe. Bring Kraken to stack a few Calcs or just have some Calc’ed Vultures nearby for easy(ier) double modded ordnance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I mean, though. One will make it easier to get locks, which is more swarm support. I don't mind the potential for a support role, I was just expecting a more aggressive bomber style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, svelok said:

Anakin: "Before you reveal your manuever*, you may spend one force to barrel roll (not an action.)"

(...)

* why before and not after? I hate "before you reveal" triggers I always forget them, just let me flip the dial it literally doesn't matter. Also, why "reveal your manuever" and not "reveal your dial"? Weird.

Pre move barrel roll is pretty good, ask Sabine.

Especially with Discord missiles in the game. It is basically Young Ani, Sabine, Advanced Sensors carriers (expensive), SNR carriers (even more expensive), who can ignore discords.

 

So the Hyena spread: Barrage rockets hints at double missile slot.

Bomblet Generator seems to be in there, hinting at double bomb slot as well. That's a really strange choice of bomb. No reload possibility (as no shields), but 2(!) bomblet tokens?? There is a hidden modification card, though. Heavy Hyena with shields (but that would be a config, wouldn't it), or something enabling to leave bombs on the map, ala old Nym?

And some kind of new missile. The art on the card links it to the other bomb shaped token.  Guided bomb?

Which opens up another question on "card packs"? Do card packs - if and when they show up - even contain cardboard for bombs? Otherwise it will only be pilots, upgrades and inserts, no devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bomblet can be reloaded normally, though.  But yeah, it's a strange choice given that it's mostly just worse than Proton Bomb unless you have shields.


And if you have shields.


Bomblet Generator is just bad.

 

And based on the Conversion Kits, no, the punch for the bombs wouldn't be in a putative card pack.  But I'm dubious we're ever getting any kind of card packs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

Pre move barrel roll is pretty good, ask Sabine.

Especially with Discord missiles in the game. It is basically Young Ani, Sabine, Advanced Sensors carriers (expensive), SNR carriers (even more expensive), who can ignore discords.

No no - I mean why is it before you reveal your dial instead of after you reveal, like Advanced Sensors? It'll just make people forget but it's the same timing.

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

But yeah, it's a strange choice given that it's mostly just worse than Proton Bomb unless you have shields.

They can always change it, though. A rules update in July could make bomblets hit like prox mines if they wanted them to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

Which opens up another question on "card packs"? Do card packs - if and when they show up - even contain cardboard for bombs? Otherwise it will only be pilots, upgrades and inserts, no devices.

Any pilots would certainly have cardboard, so if we get those there’s at least a place for the bomb tokens to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eagletsi111 said:

No because it’s an action.  And you Cannot perform the same action in the same round

Depends on whether the last bit of that hidden line says (as an action) or (not as an action). The former would certainly preclude you from doing another barrel roll. The latter could mean he could not only barrel roll twice, but that it potentially wouldn't be affected by stress. It seems thematic, but also kind of unlikely that would be the case though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NakedDex said:

Depends on whether the last bit of that hidden line says (as an action) or (not as an action). The former would certainly preclude you from doing another barrel roll. The latter could mean he could not only barrel roll twice, but that it potentially wouldn't be affected by stress. It seems thematic, but also kind of unlikely that would be the case though.

I agree.  He is still allowed but it would be the first ship that broke the common rule.   In 2.0 I think this is unlikely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eagletsi111 said:

I agree.  He is still allowed but it would be the first ship that broke the common rule.   In 2.0 I think this is unlikely 

I'm pretty sure it says (not an action) specifically to allow you to do it twice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eagletsi111 said:

I agree.  He is still allowed but it would be the first ship that broke the common rule.   In 2.0 I think this is unlikely 

There's no reason for the extra text unless it's not counting as an action.  I am guessing it'll be like Han's rerolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, svelok said:

I'm pretty sure it says (not an action) specifically to allow you to do it twice

Yup. There would be no need for it to say 'perform a barrel roll (as an action)' when just 'perform a barrel roll action' would do. Strictly the 'not an action' text isn't needed but it definitely helps for clarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, svelok said:

No no - I mean why is it before you reveal your dial instead of after you reveal, like Advanced Sensors? It'll just make people forget but it's the same timing.

Because pre-dial reveal actions are not locked out by Advanced Sensors, only those that happen after it during that activation. It isn't the same timing. So lil' Ani can roll twice (with a boost before or splitting them depending on if he can take SNR and has 1 or 2 Force Charges) then do his maneuver (N1s look to be coming with a sensor slot, they have the Passive Sensors upgrade). The little brat is going to be a pain to pin down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ThinkingB said:

Yeah, I'm really regretting buying the FO kit now. I thought we were going to get new FO ships in both Wave IV and V. Instead we just get nothing for what's probably going to be almost a year, unless they manage to have the new The Last Jedi 2 ships out by Christmas. 

Like... not even the new red interceptor? They brought it to lego already, but not even a suggestion of it coming to X-Wing yet...

I wouldn't be surprised to see wave V expanded to include new ships form Episode IX. It wouldn't be the first time FFG have added ships to a wave as a result of not being able to announce them with the rest of the ships. There may still be some embargoes in place for content from Episode IX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Because pre-dial reveal actions are not locked out by Advanced Sensors, only those that happen after it during that activation. It isn't the same timing. So lil' Ani can roll twice (with a boost before or splitting them depending on if he can take SNR and has 1 or 2 Force Charges) then do his maneuver (N1s look to be coming with a sensor slot, they have the Passive Sensors upgrade). The little brat is going to be a pain to pin down.

Ah, specifically so he can then also advanced sensor roll. Yeah that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...