Ryfterek

[Wave IV] HD spreads for N1, Resistance Transport & Hyena

Fascinating stuff to be honest. They really want me to buy into The Republic. They reeeeaaally do.

'Cause **** near ain't nothin' coming out for The Resistance... What, we've got five ships once the transport comes out? But by wave 5 The Republic will effectively have... Six? Don't tell me the Delta-7 and the Delta-7B are the same ship. Those stat changes change everything about how you fly it and how much it costs to a... kind of insane degree actually. I mean, 11 points for a better dial, the ability to boost and keep 3 firepower, have a force token, one of the shortest Sloops in the game, and turn tighter than a Red Squadron Veteran at I3? Just 11 extra points for almost twice the performance.

Compare that to a naked Jedi Knight. It's a different ship.

Transport's gonna' be interesting though. Way I'm looking at it, may not end up running the full thing. No firepower's lost, but the cannon slot definitely will be. But maybe, just maybe, my X-Wings want that Cannon slot instead. Maybe that'll make them viable for me to use.

58 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

'Cause **** near ain't nothin' coming out for The Resistance... What, we've got five ships once the transport comes out?

The Resistance will actually have 6 ships. The Transport expansion comes with 2 different ships: a Resistance Transport ship miniature and a Cockpid Pod ship miniature.

I'm a little disappointed that with Ric Olie's N-1 card they went for a subtitle of "Bravo Leader" rather than the "Captain Obvious" I was hoping for! 😉

Maybe they're saving that one for when they give us the 327-class Nubian with him as a pilot....

6 minutes ago, BanthaExpress said:

Maybe they're saving that one for when they give us the 327-class Nubian with him as a pilot....

Oh boy, we're not getting that unless as Epic. It's just an X-wing shorter than GR-75 and has no weapon hardpoints whatsoever. 

Posted (edited)

Is this the first [ship to come with] of Autoblasters for 2.0?

The transport shows them in the add-on cards down the side.

Edited by Aetherer

I did not expect a Padme pilot for the N-1; looks like her ability is centred around messing with hostile eyeball results if she has them in her arc (unknown if bullseye or normal firing arc).

Young Anakin has learned the lesson that spinning is a good trick, if his ability reads as it looks to read.

I approve of deployment shenanigans from the Resistance Transport.

Anakin: "Before you reveal your manuever*, you may spend one force to barrel roll (not an action.)"

we did it team, we got there

* why before and not after? I hate "before you reveal" triggers I always forget them, just let me flip the dial it literally doesn't matter. Also, why "reveal your manuever" and not "reveal your dial"? Weird.

1 hour ago, Aetherer said:

Is this the first mention of Autoblasters on 2.0?

Eagle-eyed folks had already called out the Autoblaster and Plasma Torpedo art showing up in new cards.  Kinda sucks that you have to buying clone wars factions for the delayed target lock sensor upgrade though.

The N-1 looks really interesting. I like the emphasis on speed for the ships. From what I can tell, the I5 pilot lets you roll an extra die when attacking and defending if your maneuver was faster and the I3 pilot stops your opponent from modifying dice if your maneuver was the same speed. 

Also, R2-A6 is going to be great, giving Ved Foslo’s ability to the entire Republic. I can already see the shenanigans with Saesee Tiin.

42 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Eagle-eyed folks had already called out the Autoblaster and Plasma Torpedo art showing up in new cards.  Kinda sucks that you have to buying clone wars factions for the delayed target lock sensor upgrade though.

We need to have faith that FFG will (eventually) release these cards in the other factions. Hopefully, this is the niche which a card-only release would fill, to remove the need for us to rebuy ships we already own.

42 minutes ago, AceDogbert said:

We need to have faith that FFG will (eventually) release these cards in the other factions. Hopefully, this is the niche which a card-only release would fill, to remove the need for us to rebuy ships we already own.

And they need to release enough new cards that people will actually want the card packs, so there will definitely be some time involved.

8 minutes ago, aswitcher said:

Expected max number of Naboo Starfighter in a list...5? (Thinking Resistance A-Wings for comparison)

RZ2s can actually fit 6x with 8pts to spare. However Advanced Optics alone is good enough to make that a non-optimal option 🤣

Should this PS2 here be more expensive than a Blue RZ1? I dunno, maybe a little, I would guess over 33 into 5x max territory., would need to do math to get a more specific answer. Can't do math before coffee, but I'm sure somebody will soon.

Really though depends on how many good upgrade synergies get revealed and weather it has a mod slot (allowing for Sync Console/FCS Shenanigans), but we already know Juke is going to be strong so I'd say so.

But definitely under 40.

Seems like the Resistance are getting another Crew card not featured, GA-97. Obviously having some effect with "It's the resistance" condition card. 

Plus AutoBlaster's on the T-70 might be a real consideration if they're even close to 1.0 version. 

19 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

And they need to release enough new cards that people will actually want the card packs, so there will definitely be some time involved.

Well, we've already seen a number of upgrade cards in the upcoming wave which are new. If they were to do faction-specific card packs, they could include those ones (plus some of those which already exist, such as Composure and Agile Gunner), any 'missed' crew (the Scum droids which can be Imperial, Maul for Rebels etc) and a smattering of new pilots for that faction (Rebel A and B-Wings leap to mind as candidates).

****, if they wanted to be generous, they could fling in the Gas Clouds as well. That'd be a nice touch.

3 hours ago, Aetherer said:

Is this the first [ship to come with] of Autoblasters for 2.0?

Yes.

2 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

My theory is that they will be a part of the unannounced card pack. When Ffg announced the Legion card pack, a friend of mine who was at the panel asked if this was coming to x-wing as well. While they gave the “no comment” style answer, you can see on the streams he was nodding at the time. I take that as subtle confirmation (similarly non answer nod for dewback units in legion, and days later it was up as a preview/announcement).

So far, I’m in for one resistance transport. Maybe a second if I can come up with a good reason to field two. I’m hoping that I’m right and we get a card pack by wave 6. Otherwise lots of cool stuff will just be unavailable to folks who don’t want to buy even more factions. 

Condition Card that is applied by the 2 **  I1 generics during setup:

• Decoyed:

While you defend, each friendly Naboo Handmaiden in the attack arc may spend 1 evade token to change one of your results to an evade result.

If you are a Naboo Royal N-1 starfighter, each friendly Naboo Handmaiden in the attack arc may spend 1 evade token to ADD 1 evade result instead.

So basically the Republic has two generic Biggs to work with, except its better. Yikes...