Sign in to follow this  
Derenga

Structural Damage

I had this discussion today about the Structural Damage. If a ship with 0 agility (e.g. Decimator) has structural damage and defends at r3, does he still roll 1 green dice (opinion of my oponent) or should not roll at all (my opinion)? 

23 minutes ago, Derenga said:

I had this discussion today about the Structural Damage. If a ship with 0 agility (e.g. Decimator) has structural damage and defends at r3, does he still roll 1 green dice (opinion of my oponent) or should not roll at all (my opinion)? 

Net 0

10 hours ago, Derenga said:

The reason your opponent may think this is that the card changed between 1st edition and 2nd edition:

1st Edition:

Structural Damage  

Ship

Reduce your agility value by 1 (to a minimum of "0").

Action: Roll 1 attack die. On a Hit or Critical Hit result, flip this card facedown. 

2nd Edition:

Structural Damage  

Ship

While you defend, roll 1 fewer defense die.

In the first edition, bonus dice for range or obstruction =/= agility - an agility 0 ship still got them, and even if it was reduced to 0 agility, it couldn't be reduced below that. Now - in addition to being unrepairable - it reduces your defence dice pool instead, so any green die from any source (aside from one added to the pool after the initial roll, such as by Norra Wexley) is fair game.