Sign in to follow this  
Cleto0

Fish Farm+ 2 ship= New unbeatable list?

Posted (edited)

JK. Definitely not an unbeatable list.  I decided to run a Thrawn 2 ship list at my local tournament, but I didn't want to use the same squad comp that many people use

I was trying to decide between a Kuat and an Interdictor, and I went with the Kuat. My list was BTA Kuat with Pryce and ecms + thrawn, Squall Quasar with just squall, and Gozanti with just suppressor. My squad ball was 3 Lambdas, jendon (for a total of 4 lambdas), Whisper, Phantom, Dengar, and Mauler. (134 points in squads) @The Jabbawookie thank you for getting me interested in Lambdas. lol now my local meta hates me. 

Game 1: Graham playing Leia.

Graham, one of the newer players in our area, was running a solid Leia list that included 2 MC-30s, an MC-80 and a pelta with Intensify! . I won the bid, and gave him my objectives. He picked Advanced gunnery, which I placed on my Kuat and he placed on his MC-80 of course. I out deployed him with my squadrons alone, so I placed my Gozanti, and began to place my less important squads, like the lambdas in this game. He deployed very oddly, with his MC-80 facing the opposite way of his Pelta and 2 MC-30s. I deployed my Quasar on the edge that was closest to his MC-80, hoping his 30s would have a hard time coming around and tagging it. I then Deployed My ISD to face off with the MC-80 and set pryce for round 2. We played normally, but I noticed that he was slowing down with his 80 and Naving pretty hard with it. By the end of round 2, he was  almost facing his side of the table! He later said that he was trying to avoid my ISD and he hoped that if I chased him with it, he would be able to kill my ISD because he has first player. I do not think this was a very good idea on his part, but it did throw me off. I chased after his MC-80, but his pelta was in the way! He moved his pelta forward, and I was able to suppressor him. Then, I thrawn commanded a few squadrons, and was able to destroy the pelta with some very lucky Phantom rolls(+jendon). His MC-30s were on my ISDs flank, and he was punching a lot of damage through. Luckily, I was able to smash him with my ISD side arc twice with advanced gunnery, and blow Admo out of the water (incredible rolls). Foresight was still being elusive and sneaking closer to my quasar, and his MC-80 was saving engineering tokens because he wasn't even damaged. My ISD was at speed 3 now, and I was quickly cutting down the distance between my ISD and the 80. I ended the MC80 before it could escape on turn 5, but could not destroy Foresight. The Result was a 10-1 for me, with the MC-80 acting like a huge gift basket of over 260 points! 

Game 2: Cyrus as Raddus

I made a huge blunder this game. It is a miracle I won. A miracle. Cyrus is playing a Raddus list with a huge bid of 19 points, profundity and dropping a CR90 b with Overload pulse and engine techs. His idea is to drop the profundity and the cr90 and then get a blue crit to exaust your tokens and bt you on the profundity double attack for no tokens. Simple, but can be brutal if executed correctly. I am given 2nd player, and we end up playing Intel Sweep, which is a crazy objective that is ZERO fun. :P  I deploy across from his hammerhead lifeboat, which is next to one of his floatillas, while his other floatilla is on the other side of the board. It is now the squadron phase of round 1, and I am moving my squads, as his are already locked up. I can move them to protect against a Raddus drop, but I instead decide to try prepare for an attack on his floatilla. Mistake. Everything is good until round 2. Problem is for me, that I deployed my Pryce on turn 2, and my side is facing him after we move forward on round 1. He drops Raddus and the CR90 and prepares to Annihilate my ISD. He gives his CR90 a confire dial, and a nav token with hondo. I was wondering why he didn't give himself a confire token with hondo because he needs to hit the crit on the attack to push Overload Pulse. He also makes an incorrect move in placing his CR90 because he is so excited, he forgets to give himself a side arc :D! He manages to not get a single crit icon on his 4 die front arc, but he still rams me twice with his CR90 with engine techs. His MC75 attacks and only strips off my shields, and brace and a redirect! I am gathering tokens this whole time, and I am up to 4, which is 60 points! I rush my ISD out of there, living with only a few hull after running over an astroid and taking a hammer head and another CR90 shot. I end up destroying both CR90s and a floatilla, as well as 6 Z-95s (including blount), mostly due to mauler moving twice with dengar's intel to get good splash. I ended up getting a few more tokens, and all of my list survived, lending me an 8-3 as he got a few tokens himself. Lesson learned: prepare for a raddus drop. 

Game 3: Ryan as Garm

In this game, I am playing against a liberty and MC 75 with exodus fleet with garm. This game went by really quickly as I was given first Player. We played Capture the VIP, and my lambdas during the first squadron phase, were able to pass the token all the way to my Suppressor to net me 50 points. :D  I then Pryced turn 2, and was able to get a close range attack on his MC-75 that was almost past me. I barely had a double arc, but was able to strip away 6 shields and 1 damage card. The hard part was trying to ram this MC-75 so I could stay where I was and blow his ship to kingdom come on turn 3. I managed to do it by speeding up to speed 3 and doing an inside turn! Because of this move I was able to kill the 75, and only suffered 1 damage in return. Exodus fleet was useless at this point, and I was able to take down the liberty without any losses of my own, giving me a 10-1. Ryan is a very solid player, he was just running a really janky list that ended up getting smooshed. 

Tl;dr I wreak face with a wacky thrawn list with lambdas and no good objectives giving me a 28 point (of 30) tourney!

Let me know what I should do to jank this list up. I am always open to more lamdas or a different commander!

Edited by Cleto0

4 hours ago, Akhrin said:

This is my type of jank, been messing around with putting together some new Imp point farming lists recently so may steal a few ideas from this!

feel free!