Theres a couple list running Jake right now. You can find a couple youtube streams also of the list being flown. Its a nice ship, the resistance is just superior, but still for 36 points named I4 pilot, cant complain

I've also been looking for some advice or inspiration that isn't "fly the Resistance version instead" 😂

I love the RZ-1 version. The combination of losing their favourite toys from 1.0 (Harpoon missiles, Push the Limit etc) and the bonuses given to the RZ-2 have stung a bit... I put my Green Squadron back on the shelf to focus on Scum for a while, but they'll be the first Rebel ships that I pick up again.

I've enjoyed flying a bunch of PS3 Green Squadron pilots led by Arvel for a couple of 2.0 games, but haven't figured out how to make an all-A list work in this edition so far.

If it makes you feel any better, Resistance A-Wings will most likely get a points increase in July (or Rebel A-Wings will get another point reduction to account for how woefully underpowered they are compared to Resistance A-Wings). Also, they'll probably get better when we finally get pilot card packs with additional pilots for them. But at present, I've not seen any Rebel lists performing well that run more than two A-Wings (either Jake and Arvel or scrubs). If what you want is a Rebel list with all A-Wings I think you're in for disappointment. The lack of a tech slot and no access to Heroic kills the list. 

That said, 5 Green Squadron pilots with crack shot and proton rockets is 200 points on the nose. I've heard it's awful though 😕

9 hours ago, morsla said:

I've also been looking for some advice or inspiration that isn't "fly the Resistance version instead" 😂

I love the RZ-1 version. The combination of losing their favourite toys from 1.0 (Harpoon missiles, Push the Limit etc) and the bonuses given to the RZ-2 have stung a bit... I put my Green Squadron back on the shelf to focus on Scum for a while, but they'll be the first Rebel ships that I pick up again.

I've enjoyed flying a bunch of PS3 Green Squadron pilots led by Arvel for a couple of 2.0 games, but haven't figured out how to make an all-A list work in this edition so far.

If you want to fly A wings, its pretty fun, but they are not the core of the squad. You build a squad with like Wedge, Luke, another ship and a low costed A wing (Usually always Jake unless you are very good at blocking with arvel). Fly Jake close to the squad, but dont be afraid to break him off and boost out of the engagement. Your opponent will mostly ignore him, so he can boost, barrel roll, focus himself into a good shot without taking return fire. Hes also small and fast enough that in competitive play, you can just run away after your scored enough points to obtain victory. 

I play casually, but I really enjoy playing 2 Phoenix with intimidation and prockets and then mix in Wedge and another ship of your choice.  The idea is the a wings block, reduce Dodge dice with intimidation and wedge knocks another die off with his special.  If I miss the block the prockets are nasty.

Braylen Stramm (47)    
    Jamming Beam (0)    

Ship total: 47  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 4    

Wedge Antilles (52)    
    Crack Shot (1)    
    Proton Torpedoes (12)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 65  Half Points: 33  Threshold: 3    

Cassian Andor (47)    
    Tactical Officer (2)    
    Leia Organa (2)    
    Pivot Wing (0)    

Ship total: 51  Half Points: 26  Threshold: 4    

Jake Farrell (36)    
Ship total: 36  Half Points: 18  Threshold: 2   

I've been flying this a bit. Basically incorporates Jake into the Rebel Beef build - he's only 2 dice, but the tradoff is Wedge can now take a torp.
You can do a lot of shenanigans with Jake and Cassian, like Cassian coordinating a barrel to Jake (hand off focus), then Jake Boosting (hand off focus) then doing a blue to clear stress and doing an action.
The tricky part is being in range 1 of Wedge / Cassian with Jake, ideally you want to barrel roll and boost every turn.

I went undefeated through Swiss in a (small, irrelevant) hyperspace trial with this list.

T-65 X-wing - •Wedge Antilles - 58
    •Wedge Antilles - Red Two (52)
        Predator (2)
        R2 Astromech (4)
        Servomotor S-foils (Open) (0)

RZ-1 A-wing - Phoenix Squadron Pilot - 33
    Phoenix Squadron Pilot - (30)
        Intimidation (3)

RZ-1 A-wing - Phoenix Squadron Pilot - 33
    Phoenix Squadron Pilot - (30)
        Intimidation (3)

T-65 X-wing - •Luke Skywalker - 74
    •Luke Skywalker - Red Five (62)
        •R2-D2 (6)
        Sense (6)
        Servomotor S-foils (Open) (0)

Total: 198/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Unfortunately, besides lists running Jake as a cheap side piece for their real threats, I think I1 Intimidation Phoenix is the best use of an RZ-1 currently.  The I1 super blocker is a lot more dangerous than their 33 points would let on.

Once Snap Shot is rereleased, I think you’ll see a resurgence of Green Squadron and Arvel.  I’ll certainly be playing the crap out of that list.