Jump to content
Kieransi

Snap Shot

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, svelok said:

I hope its priced like a Proton Torpedo. Leave my fangs alone

Or scaled on use.  

1st - 5 points

2nd - 10 points

3rd - 15 points

The same thing Juke should do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 8:16 AM, viedit said:

If it's 6 points you can fit 5 green squad Rebel A's + trick and snap.

Or Arvel with Predator and Intimidation leading 4x Snap-Trick Greens!  It’s going to be glorious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Maybe. Or force user Fearless...

How do you mean? Like maybe its an auto-hit secondary 2die attack you do instead of your primary? From the text it seems more like triggered bonus attack, thought I guess it could be a bit of both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 3:36 PM, millertime059 said:

Sad, Snap Tactician Rhymer was a favorite of mine in late 1.0.

My 1.0 list of choice was a snap tactician rhymet with a ruthless tractor double tap vessery and an atc Vader. It was sick nasty. 

When the bomb/ auto cannon era came, I rotated out rhymer for a shuttle with kylo to blind with Vader. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, prauxim said:

How do you mean? Like maybe its an auto-hit secondary 2die attack you do instead of your primary? From the text it seems more like triggered bonus attack, thought I guess it could be a bit of both.

The trigger you mention does look to be there, so bonus attack is likely. In the bottom section of the wording "result" is plainly visible and my currently grumpy self has an itchy notion it'll add in Fearless's upside with the down side heavily mitigated if not completely eliminated due to the range band of the attack itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 1:29 PM, J1mBob said:

Snap Shot text:

Talent

Attack 2, forward arc, range 2, ordnance icon

 After an enemy ship performs a maneuver, you may perform this attack against it as a bonus attack. 

 Your dice cannot be modified. 

Do we think this will be initiative costed? 

I1 = 6 pts

I6 = 3 pts

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, svelok said:

0KR4loE.png

so, is this just r1-3 || snapshot, for jedi? 

Bullseye only is a relief, so only potentially fearsome on higher Init pilots rather than Knight spam.

Looks like the additional condition is to do with range. So perhaps Fearless upside is on the money. I'd wager its add an eye rather than a hit though. Its not somewhere you necessarily want to park an expensive Jedi and be spending tokens, which would make it a definite risk and bring some nice balance to the decision.

Can't work out what '....be .....se.' at the end may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that we should probably remember is that this is an elite talent.  Which means its applications with "generic spam" are fairly limited.  Not sure if they higher initiative generics of most ships will be efficient enough with this card to be spam-worthy.

Resistance A-wings could be a different story but they are just too cheap across the board already.

Hopefully the cost comes out at 6pts or above.  Be careful when translating from 1st Ed.  Especially for cards that came out near the end.  (Just imagine flight assist astro in 2nd Ed. at just 2 points...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Can't work out what '....be .....se.' at the end may be.

"your dice cannot be modified otherwise", maybe?

eg:

"After an enemy ship executes a maneuver, you may spend 1 [Force] to perform this attack against it as a bonus attack.

You may spend 1 [Force] to change 1 [Focus] result to a [Hit] result; your dice cannot be modified otherwise."

30 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Resistance A-wings could be a different story but they are just too cheap across the board already.

The big thing (which seems like a huge missed opportunity to me?) is the card doesn't have a \ / primary arc requirement to equip... so a ship like the RZ-2 can Snap Shot forwards even while its turret is pointed to rear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, svelok said:

"your dice cannot be modified otherwise", maybe?

eg:

"After an enemy ship executes a maneuver, you may spend 1 [Force] to perform this attack against it as a bonus attack.

You may spend 1 [Force] to change 1 [Focus] result to a [Hit] result; your dice cannot be modified otherwise."

Makes sense. Isn't great grammar but that rules nothing out for these things :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, svelok said:

The big thing (which seems like a huge missed opportunity to me?) is the card doesn't have a \ / primary arc requirement to equip... so a ship like the RZ-2 can Snap Shot forwards even while its turret is pointed to rear.

As long as it’s 5-6 points, the resistance A-Wings can’t really afford to spam Snap Shot.  Not if they also want Advanced Optics.

Of course, I’m now imagining an a-wing with the guns spinning constantly and shooting a death blossom on the vertical plane.

15 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Do we think this will be initiative costed? 

I1 = 6 pts

I6 = 3 pts

I doubt it, I think you’ll see it at a static 5 or 6 points.  At that price range, the only ships that can spam 6 copies of snap shot are Z-95s, the TIE/ln, and the Mining Guild Tie.

Quite a few more lists can look at 5 ship Snap Swarm, and I think these will be the most dangerous lists to spam the talent.

The higher initiative pilots probably just won’t use Snap Shot over other options, with the exception of pilots that have abilities that trigger when attacking.  In that case, 5-6 points is probably fair for them too.

Edited by Phelan Boots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone seems to think this card will be priced at 5-6 points, but with the caveat that you can't ever modify dice, even those outside of snapshots, I think if this cost more than 2 points it won't ever be taken? If they had written ''For this attack, your dice can't be modified'' it would be fine at 5 points. But the way the text is written, is stops any and all modification on your regular attack too. I doubt the opportunity to trade focus and/or tl for a 2 dice attack is worth 5 points, personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DarthSempai said:

Everyone seems to think this card will be priced at 5-6 points, but with the caveat that you can't ever modify dice, even those outside of snapshots, I think if this cost more than 2 points it won't ever be taken? If they had written ''For this attack, your dice can't be modified'' it would be fine at 5 points. But the way the text is written, is stops any and all modification on your regular attack too. I doubt the opportunity to trade focus and/or tl for a 2 dice attack is worth 5 points, personally.

I am assuming they’ll rule that to only apply to the Snap Shot attack, otherwise  as written it would prevent you from even modifying your defense dice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DarthSempai said:

Everyone seems to think this card will be priced at 5-6 points, but with the caveat that you can't ever modify dice, even those outside of snapshots, I think if this cost more than 2 points it won't ever be taken? If they had written ''For this attack, your dice can't be modified'' it would be fine at 5 points. But the way the text is written, is stops any and all modification on your regular attack too. I doubt the opportunity to trade focus and/or tl for a 2 dice attack is worth 5 points, personally.

 

9 minutes ago, Phelan Boots said:

I am assuming they’ll rule that to only apply to the Snap Shot attack, otherwise  as written it would prevent you from even modifying your defense dice.

Elusive

Snap Shot's "Your dice cannot be modified." is much like Elusive's "After you fully execute a red maneuver, recover one charge" in that the wording itself doesn't limit it to just the card. Elusive's recharge mechanic has been ruled to only apply to itself. I see no reason for Snap Shot's Dice Modification limitation to be any different...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

 

Elusive

Snap Shot's "Your dice cannot be modified." is much like Elusive's "After you fully execute a red maneuver, recover one charge" in that the wording itself doesn't limit it to just the card. Elusive's recharge mechanic has been ruled to only apply to itself. I see no reason for Snap Shot's Dice Modification limitation to be any different...

Good point. At first I was thinking of collision detector, who also has 2 clause, and the first one is one that applies all the time, so I though that the similar wording on snap shot might end up like this, but you make a good point that this is more similar to elusive. Honestly though, why put that space in between the 2 sentences in snap shot? I feel that if they just had made it a single phrase, the whole thing would have only applied when you make the special attack with snap shot.

Collision_Detector.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping the thread with every possible Snap Shot synergy I could think of.

Trick Shot: +1 Attack Die when obstructed
Outmaneuver: -1 enemy Defense Die when outside the enemy's front arc
Juke: Convert 1 enemy Evade result to a Focus result while evading
Thane Kyrell: Spend 1 Focus/Hit/Crit result to flip a facedown damage card
Wedge Antilles: -1 enemy Defense Die
Outrider: -1 enemy Defense Die when obstructed
Airen Cracken: Friendly ship at range 1 may perform an action, treating it as red
Optimized Prototype: Spend 1 Focus/Hit/Crit vs target locked by Director Krennic's carrier to remove 1 enemy shield / flip a facedown damage card
Turr Phennir: Reposition
Gideon Hask: +1 Attack Die when enemy is damaged
Seyn Marana: Spend 1 crit to cancel attack and deal 1 facedown damage to the defender
"Scourge" Skutu: +1 Attack Die if the opponent maneuvered into the bullseye
Whisper: +1 Evade token if the attack hits
Pure Sabacc: +1 Attack Die when Pure Sabacc has 1 or no Damage Cards.
Han Solo (Scum Pilot): +1 Attack Die when obstructed
Joy Rekkoff: -1 enemy Defense Die by spending 1 Torpedo charge
Kath Scarlett: +1 Attack Die when a friendly non-limited ship is at range 0
Krassis Trellix: Does Snap Shot count as a special attack? If so, Krassis is the only pilot with a bowtie Snap Shot
Zuckuss (Pilot): optional +1 Attack Die & +1 enemy Defense Die
Zuckuss (Crew): Reroll 1 enemy Defense Die
Graz: +1 Attack Die when behind the enemy
Shadow Caster: +1 Tractor token if the Snap Shot connects
Torani Kulda: +1 nigh unavoidable damage if the opponent maneuvered into the bullseye
Ahhav: +1 Attack Die when attacking a larger base ship
Seevor: Enemy ship gains 1 Jam token when Seevor is outside of the enemy's bullseye
Lieutenant Bastian: If a friendly Snap Shot hits, Bastian gains a free target lock
Scorch: +1 Attack Die if Scorch gains a stress token
Blackout: -2 enemy Defense Die when obstructed
Clone Commander Cody: +1 Strain if the attack missed and a Hit or Crit result was canceled
"Tucker": If a friendly Snap Shot hits, Tucker may perform a Focus action
"Axe": May transfer 1 green token to a friendly ship in his side arcs
 

Some stuff that (I think?) wasn't talked about:

Snap Shot Shadow Caster Ketsu can snap shot a ship, and if it connects, use her ability and regular attack to put 3 Tractor Tokens on a ship. She will be capable of throwing around large base ships by herself!
Thane and Optimized Prototype Imperial ships will benefit quite a bit. Every time they snap shot, Thane is flipping damage cards, and the OP is stripping shields or flipping damage cards if Krennic's targeting that poor unfortunate ship. Snap Shot + Optimized Prototype builds will be fun to play with, my Jendon/OP Maarek/Vader list is gonna enjoy that.
Torani probably isn't ever gonna get to abuse Snap Shot, but it's going to feel really bad for the pilot that gets themselves double tapped in the bullseye. 2 Die attack (unmodified offense and defense) + 1 unavoidable damage + 3 Die attack (mods available) + 1 possible extra damage could only get worse if there's multiple ships in that bullseye.
Pure Sabacc is going to enjoy Snap Shot, it gets mileage out of Sabacc's ability even if targeted by higher initiative ships. Not sure how the other situational +1 Attack Die ships will do.
If Scorch is close to Muse, Scorch can get the +1 Attack Die on both the Snap Shot and regular attack by Muse-ing off the stress when the shooting starts.

Phennir, Seevor, Wedge, Cody and Juke/Outmaneuver A-Wings are of course also going to be pains with Snap Shot. Looking forward to seeing what shenanigans Snap Shot Cracken can get up to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Enigami said:

Bumping the thread with every possible Snap Shot synergy I could think of.

Trick Shot: +1 Attack Die when obstructed
Outmaneuver: -1 enemy Defense Die when outside the enemy's front arc
Juke: Convert 1 enemy Evade result to a Focus result while evading
Thane Kyrell: Spend 1 Focus/Hit/Crit result to flip a facedown damage card
Wedge Antilles: -1 enemy Defense Die
Outrider: -1 enemy Defense Die when obstructed
Airen Cracken: Friendly ship at range 1 may perform an action, treating it as red
Optimized Prototype: Spend 1 Focus/Hit/Crit vs target locked by Director Krennic's carrier to remove 1 enemy shield / flip a facedown damage card
Turr Phennir: Reposition
Gideon Hask: +1 Attack Die when enemy is damaged
Seyn Marana: Spend 1 crit to cancel attack and deal 1 facedown damage to the defender
"Scourge" Skutu: +1 Attack Die if the opponent maneuvered into the bullseye
Whisper: +1 Evade token if the attack hits
Pure Sabacc: +1 Attack Die when Pure Sabacc has 1 or no Damage Cards.
Han Solo (Scum Pilot): +1 Attack Die when obstructed
Joy Rekkoff: -1 enemy Defense Die by spending 1 Torpedo charge
Kath Scarlett: +1 Attack Die when a friendly non-limited ship is at range 0
Krassis Trellix: Does Snap Shot count as a special attack? If so, Krassis is the only pilot with a bowtie Snap Shot
Zuckuss (Pilot): optional +1 Attack Die & +1 enemy Defense Die
Zuckuss (Crew): Reroll 1 enemy Defense Die
Graz: +1 Attack Die when behind the enemy
Shadow Caster: +1 Tractor token if the Snap Shot connects
Torani Kulda: +1 nigh unavoidable damage if the opponent maneuvered into the bullseye
Ahhav: +1 Attack Die when attacking a larger base ship
Seevor: Enemy ship gains 1 Jam token when Seevor is outside of the enemy's bullseye
Lieutenant Bastian: If a friendly Snap Shot hits, Bastian gains a free target lock
Scorch: +1 Attack Die if Scorch gains a stress token
Blackout: -2 enemy Defense Die when obstructed
Clone Commander Cody: +1 Strain if the attack missed and a Hit or Crit result was canceled
"Tucker": If a friendly Snap Shot hits, Tucker may perform a Focus action
"Axe": May transfer 1 green token to a friendly ship in his side arcs
 

Some stuff that (I think?) wasn't talked about:

Snap Shot Shadow Caster Ketsu can snap shot a ship, and if it connects, use her ability and regular attack to put 3 Tractor Tokens on a ship. She will be capable of throwing around large base ships by herself!
Thane and Optimized Prototype Imperial ships will benefit quite a bit. Every time they snap shot, Thane is flipping damage cards, and the OP is stripping shields or flipping damage cards if Krennic's targeting that poor unfortunate ship. Snap Shot + Optimized Prototype builds will be fun to play with, my Jendon/OP Maarek/Vader list is gonna enjoy that.
Torani probably isn't ever gonna get to abuse Snap Shot, but it's going to feel really bad for the pilot that gets themselves double tapped in the bullseye. 2 Die attack (unmodified offense and defense) + 1 unavoidable damage + 3 Die attack (mods available) + 1 possible extra damage could only get worse if there's multiple ships in that bullseye.
Pure Sabacc is going to enjoy Snap Shot, it gets mileage out of Sabacc's ability even if targeted by higher initiative ships. Not sure how the other situational +1 Attack Die ships will do.
If Scorch is close to Muse, Scorch can get the +1 Attack Die on both the Snap Shot and regular attack by Muse-ing off the stress when the shooting starts.

Phennir, Seevor, Wedge, Cody and Juke/Outmaneuver A-Wings are of course also going to be pains with Snap Shot. Looking forward to seeing what shenanigans Snap Shot Cracken can get up to.

Spending a result is modifying the attack dice, so scratch any ability that says spend:

Dice Modification

Players can modify dice by spending various tokens and by resolving abilities. Dice can be modified in the following ways:

  • Add: To add a die result, place an unused die displaying the result next to the rolled dice. A die added in this way is treated as a normal die for all purposes and can be modified and canceled.
  • Change: To change a die result, rotate the die so that its faceup side displays the new result.
  • Reroll: To reroll a die result, pick up the die and roll it again.
  • Spend: To spend a result, remove the die from the dice pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That section in full (since someone is going to see the "Add" part and think Trick Shot doesn't work):

Dice Modification

Players can modify dice by spending various tokens and by resolving abilities. Dice can be modified in the following ways:

  • Add: To add a die result, place an unused die displaying the result next to the rolled dice. A die added in this way is treated as a normal die for all purposes and can be modified and canceled.
  • Change: To change a die result, rotate the die so that its faceup side displays the new result.
  • Reroll: To reroll a die result, pick up the die and roll it again.
  • Spend: To spend a result, remove the die from the dice pool.

Additionally:

  • Dice modification occurs during the respective Modify Attack Dice or Modify Defense Dice step, unless otherwise stated.
  • Although dice can be modified by multiple effects, each die cannot be rerolled more than once.
  • If an ability instructs a ship to spend a result, it cannot spend another ship's results unless stated otherwise.
  • Canceling dice is not a dice modification.
  • Rolling additional dice or fewer dice is not a dice modification.
  • If a die cannot be changed to a given result, nothing happens.
    • For example, an attack die cannot be changed to an [Evade] result because that result does not appear on that die.
Edited by Hiemfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...