Kieransi

Snap Shot

5 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

What it does is get stapled to something that can carry Commander Cody. Airen Cracken will also have fun with it. And although a tad awkward to wield, perchance Turr will enjoy it.

Good call on Cody. That’s going to be a nasty combo. 

It will be interesting to see if Snap Shot will get back with its old buddies Crackshot or Juke for its 2.0 builds.

18 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Good call on Cody. That’s going to be a nasty combo. 

It will be interesting to see if Snap Shot will get back with its old buddies Crackshot or Juke for its 2.0 builds.

Crack and Snap Shot don't synergize any more (Crack is primary only, Snap is a Secondary attack now) so possible but unlikely. Juke does work though so I could see it, Outmaneuver too to be honest though rarely, being used with Snap on A-Wings (RZ-1s and RZ-2s).

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

What it does is get stapled to something that can carry Commander Cody. 

This ... is nasty. Good catch! 

Edit - this is also good for low to mid tier initiative pilots, much more than high initiative. Always nice to see!

Edited by PaulRuddSays

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Hopefully theres not a restriction on modifications on it this time.  
Funny sidenote, Rhymer can now snap shot range 1-3 :)

lol, noImage result for major rhymer 2.0

Also, I'm not convinced of spamming snap. Game effects or mods are typically better than spam, hence why Inferno Squad tears up a lot of lists, whereas 5Yion, albeit good, is RNG dependent and will always lose to Inferno squad. I think that--especially if snap turns out to be in the ballpark of a dandy upgrade, say 5pt--one should consider it exclusively for game effects. Hence, Cody getting a bonus strain if he doesn't get the preferable extra damage. Airen can have another friend do a red action. Turr can dodge earlier, and might be able to squirrel around Soontir or Poe.

Edited by player3010587

Posted (edited)

I suspect it’s going to get stapled to every A-Wing I own!  What I pair it with is the real question, which depends on the cost.  My goal is to run 5x RZ-1s, Arvel and 4x GSPs.

To pair it with Juke in that list, Snap Shot has to come in at 3 points or less.  I think this is unlikely at best.

Maybe Trick Shot, adding a dice to the roll isn’t modifying, right?

*EDIT* - Also, Turr is awesome fun with snap shot, I tried that once in 1e. Wedge finally has a solid Talent option, too.  Anything else that triggers on attacks?

Edited by Phelan Boots

Just now, Phelan Boots said:

I suspect it’s going to get stapled to every A-Wing I own!  What I pair it with is the real question, which depends on the cost.  My goal is to run 5x RZ-1s, Arvel and 4x GSPs.

To pair it with Juke in that list, Snap Shot has to come in at 3 points or less.  I think this is unlikely at best.

No, that is not a mod, but you're adding 0.5 extra hits to their 0.375 evades. And the more of a unit that you spam, the more each incremental point change matters. For instance, the tugboat point change of 4 pt was insanely massive. "It's only 4 pt. tho, that's just shaving part of a bid!" Sure, but tugs were obscene in packs of 2 or 3. Effectively, the same strats of degeneracy now costed 8 or 12 pt more. Similarly, each extra copy of Snap will place a further strain on each A-wing's need to perform well with it to justify taking it over a similarly-costed card.

10 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

lol, noImage result for major rhymer 2.0

Also, I'm not convinced of spamming snap. Game effects or mods are typically better than spam, hence why Inferno Squad tears up a lot of lists, whereas 5Yion, albeit good, is RNG dependent and will always lose to Inferno squad. I think that--especially if snap turns out to be in the ballpark of a dandy upgrade, say 5pt--one should consider it exclusively for game effects. Hence, Cody getting a bonus strain if he doesn't get the preferable extra damage. Airen can have another friend do a red action. Turr can dodge earlier, and might be able to squirrel around Soontir or Poe.

Sad, Snap Tactician Rhymer was a favorite of mine in late 1.0.

3 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

No, that is not a mod, but you're adding 0.5 extra hits to their 0.375 evades.

Similarly, each extra copy of Snap will place a further strain on each A-wing's need to perform well with it to justify taking it over a similarly-costed card.

never-tell-me-the-odds-gif.gif

The A-Wing’s big draw to Snap Shot is adding a bonus attack to an otherwise undergunned ship.  Snap could cost up to 6 points and fit in my fantasy list, which I think is pretty likely.

Im envisioning a scenario where Intimidation & Predator Arvel blocks an enemy at R2 of my four Snap Shot Greens, and I think that could be pretty powerful.  The fact that Trick Shot works with both Snap Shot and primary attacks is just gravy.

Also, I think you’re underestimating my love of flying A-awing!!!  😉

Posted (edited)

The question is the cost. For example, Saw Crew in 1.0 was 1 pt (so 2 2.0 pts), but he now does the same thing in 2.0, but costs 8 pts (so 4 1.0 pts).

So yeah, I could see snap shot costing 6 points in 2.0

Edited by HanScottFirst

2 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

In my experience, snapshot’s biggest advantage is not the chance to do an extra damage here or there, but rather it encourages your opponent to make bad decisions

This. My Soontir would never do the 2 bank approach to even a crackless snap and the boost + br away. Even if it was the best move. Because my paranoia told me it was a guaranteed hit + crit (direct!) or crit (major + direct) and thus death!

And that fear is not irrational, even though acting upon it in many cases can be. In round 3 at the Indy regional on Saturday, my Midnight nattied a hit crit into a tokenless Soontir at R3, killing him. Tokenless Maarek retaliated with a hit crit natty r3 back, which ate the shield and revealed a direct!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Phelan Boots said:

*EDIT* - Also, Turr is awesome fun with snap shot, I tried that once in 1e. Wedge finally has a solid Talent option, too.  Anything else that triggers on attacks?

Nope, adding a die IS a modification (RR pg.9) It isn't, I was wrong.

PS: Snap Shot on Turr Phennir sounds very interesting! Maybe we will see another Interceptor apart from Soontir Fel.

Edited by C3gorach