EVIL INC

New Epic

8 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

The slide at Celebration said "3 ships" and the image did, in fact, leave out the GR-75 and Imperial Gozanti.

What was the exact wording? Re-release is ship in fancy new boxes, which has been stated for the 3.

Previously it sounded like the conversion kit (this is not a rerelease) would be five plus two  (same ship class) for new factions.

13 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

And turret emplacements.

And purrgil.

And reinforecments.

And squadrons.

And mats with the DS trench printed on them.

And 3-D satellites.

And a space station.

Like now?  I'm kinda in a hurry.

Image result for han solo endor c-3po

I approve.

All of it.

FFG, make it so!

(in fairness, a few third parties make the trench mats). 

6 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

What was the exact wording? Re-release is ship in fancy new boxes, which has been stated for the 3.

Previously it sounded like the conversion kit (this is not a rerelease) would be five plus two  (same ship class) for new factions.

I don't recall, but the presentation was kinda fast and generic, hence the confusion.

I think you are right, however: 3 ships in fancy new boxes and 5 old ships each converted into 2 factions, thus 10 total options.

I think I'm most excited that sooooo many people are excited for this.  Wouldn't it be awesome if Epic was toe-to-toe in popularity with Standard??!!

With FF making epic like GWs version instead of just huge ships, will they take another page as well and set up campaigns? I'm not saying this copy is bad because that was actually a good thing that boosted GW and made their players happy as well.

But something GW tried and failed with was campaign kits/boxes. They had pregenerated tiles and rules for combining different game systems together and all that jazz. But it failed due to cost and folks saying )we can come up with something like that on our own for free). But.... many like myself, thought that and "just never got around to it".

Anyway.... I would like to see an app (that works on computers instead of just phones) where we can make star maps and keep track of who controls which systems or which are contested for setting up campaign settings along with add ones for planet-side battles. So that we can include land based games as well if we choose. I think providing this as a free download would boost sales in all of the star wars games and encourage cross game sales for folks. Would this be a goodidea in general or an idea that would go with epic specifically?

3 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

With FF making epic like GWs version instead of just huge ships, will they take another page as well and set up campaigns? I'm not saying this copy is bad because that was actually a good thing that boosted GW and made their players happy as well.

I suspect the campaigns or missions for epic battles / epic 2.0 will be more in line with the Armada campaign boxes than any GW stuff. There may be custom stuff, but it’ll probably be cardboard like the obstacles, devices, etc.

16 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I suspect the campaigns or missions for epic battles / epic 2.0 will be more in line with the Armada campaign boxes than any GW stuff. There may be custom stuff, but it’ll probably be cardboard like the obstacles, devices, etc.

Also as with Armada Campaign boxes, that's probably how we will get other pilots into the game. 

42 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

But it failed due to cost and folks saying )we can come up with something like that on our own for free). But.... many like myself, thought that and "just never got around to it".

Well, what FFG needs to do is add elements to the scenario boxes are the key to the campaign, but then usable independently later for DIY projects:

Turbolaser turret models for the trench run.

Hera in a Bladewing repaint with a Superlaser.

Cards for the Shuttle Tydirium in the Battle for Endor.

A shield gate model in the Battle of Scarif.

Stuff that really doesn't make sense as a stand alone expac, but adds to the play of Epic above and beyond a single stand-alone campaign.

Those are good things that i would like to see as well. I was thinking larger scales stuff like maps for setting up and connecting battles, possibly where wins or losses have long term effects and connects the multiple star wars games together, armada, x wing and legion all.

I can't believe I'm only hearing about this now. This sounds really interesting.

I avoided Epic before because, to me, it was just a longer version of X-Wing with more rules to memorize, and I didn't care enough about any of the Huge ships to sacrifice two of the things that got me into the game (short playtime and relatively simple rules). However, the idea of Epic as a scenario-based multiplayer experience might actually be better off for me with how I've not been enjoying the regular game.

Also, the idea of scenario boxes sounds fun. Frankly, Warhammer's huge themed boxes that gave you two whole armies always looked really exciting to me, but I was just never into the game enough to pay that price (especially when I'd have to paint and assemble all those miniatures). If we get something like that for X-Wing, I might actually ask for one of them for Christmas. ;P

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Ximatique said:

Consular corvettes for Republic would be nice. I don't think any CIS ship fit in epic right now.

Maybe C-9979 landing craft as a support ship. C9979_ep1ig.jpg.0ae5675863c1ebdb612c7bbce204ec49.jpg

Or Trident class assault ship, with a nice boarding mechanic.

Maybe they will do like the Raider et create a new one.

I think it will be Hardcell, it's slightly larger than corvettes and we even have some official art:

wq2LIGp.png

Edited by eMeM

13 hours ago, heychadwick said:

Huge Ship Conversion Kits

• You will receive 2 new Huge Ship bases with pegs (x4) in each conversion kit.

• Huge ships now use one base instead of two large bases.

• They are re-releasing the Raider, CR90, and C-ROC. Conversion kit will work for all 5 existing ships.

• There is only 1 Huge Ship conversion kit and it will convert all 5 of the First Edition Huge Ships to Second Edition

• The conversion kit will provide Second Edition punch and cards for all 5 First Edition Huge Ships (CR90, Raider, C-ROC, GR-75, Gozanti) in their original factions and 1 additional either prequel or sequel faction.

• Each huge ship comes with 1 alternative faction card in the Conversion Kit, allowing Prequel and Sequel players to jump in right away.

So if I'm reading this right, if I want to have an Imperial Gozanti-class, or Rebel Transport, I need to get a 1E version and convert it because they aren't being re-released, right? I already have a Transport, just need to know if I have to run down to the FLGS and grab the Gozanti I saw there before someone else snags it :P

5 minutes ago, kris40k said:

So if I'm reading this right, if I want to have an Imperial Gozanti-class, or Rebel Transport, I need to get a 1E version and convert it because they aren't being re-released, right? I already have a Transport, just need to know if I have to run down to the FLGS and grab the Gozanti I saw there before someone else snags it :P

No, they will be re-released.

27 minutes ago, kris40k said:

19 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

So they're just not in the first batch then?

OK...you got me recording a podcast and reading.   I wasn't paying close attention.  It does look like perhaps the Gozanti and Transport will not be in any first batch to get re-released.  We can assume that they will eventually do it, but that they still have enough of them out there to not do it in the first batch.  I had thought they were just going to do it all.

1 minute ago, heychadwick said:

OK...you got me recording a podcast and reading.   I wasn't paying close attention.  It does look like perhaps the Gozanti and Transport will not be in any first batch to get re-released.  We can assume that they will eventually do it, but that they still have enough of them out there to not do it in the first batch.  I had thought they were just going to do it all.

Oops. I've been waiting on your podcast too. Sorry. 😀

Posted (edited)

The announcement only said that the big three would be re-released. I'm not saying we won't see it later, but for now it doesn't sound like there is a plan for it...but the work will be done, so who knows?

Edited by dsul413

41 minutes ago, kris40k said:

In fairness, since you are committing to the 2.0 conversion kit anyway for that transport you have, it will almost certainly be cheaper to buy the 1.0 Gozanti now than a rerelease of it in 2.0 packaging.

12 hours ago, eMeM said:

I think it will be Hardcell, it's slightly larger than corvettes and we even have some official art:

wq2LIGp.png

But the Hardcell is so phallic, I mean, ugly...

13 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

In fairness, since you are committing to the 2.0 conversion kit anyway for that transport you have, it will almost certainly be cheaper to buy the 1.0 Gozanti now than a rerelease of it in 2.0 packaging.

Sure, but my bigger concern was if I was going to be able to get it at all after 1E stock runs out, since what I was reading was only 3 of the original 5 ships were getting a re-release. Availability, not monetary issue, really.

48 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Sure, but my bigger concern was if I was going to be able to get it at all after 1E stock runs out, since what I was reading was only 3 of the original 5 ships were getting a re-release. Availability, not monetary issue, really.

Well we know that they will convert them either way.

I am sure you will eventually be able to get a 2.0 boxed one. I just don’t know when that would be. They would likely prioritize other factions getting dedicated epics first, so could be quite some time.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kris40k said:

Availability, not monetary issue, really.

32 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

They would likely prioritize other factions getting dedicated epics first, so could be quite some time.

Yeah, I'd buy it if I were you.  You'll be converting it no matter what, it is unlikely to be a repaint, and who knows when it will be a reprint.

Also, since it is a "small" Huge, 2 in a list could be a thing (it was in 1.0).

Edited by Darth Meanie