Sign in to follow this  
FrogTrigger

How many hours are the starter box sessions?

Straight up new to the game took about 3-4 hours for the EotE game.  I ran it a couple of times for different groups, about the same amount of time for each.  The free PDF followup is several session's worth.  The AoR game was a bit shorter, but by then I was a lot more comfortable with the game, and chopped out some things I didn't like.  Again the PDF download is another several session's worth.  Never ran the F&D game.

Posted (edited)

Just finished TFA Beginner Game and it took about 7 hours over two sessions, but I added another hour or so of content at the end of the adventure to flesh out the 2nd session a bit more. Was pretty fun.

The AoR Beginner Game only took us one 3-4 hour session to play through, but it’s pretty combat oriented and that tends to go pretty fast in this system. Probably my least favorite of the bunch.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

3 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

The AoR Beginner Game only took us one 3-4 hour session to play through, but it’s pretty combat oriented and that tends to go pretty fast in this system. Probably my least favorite of the bunch.

I love this system, but if the combat goes pretty fast, you might miss something xD

4 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

I'm not crazy about the adventure in the box for AoR, it's too simple and I modified it heavily.  But I really like the modular options in the PDF download, it really makes up for it.  There's easily enough adventure seeds in there to turn into a campaign if you want.

33 minutes ago, whafrog said:

I'm not crazy about the adventure in the box for AoR, it's too simple and I modified it heavily.  But I really like the modular options in the PDF download, it really makes up for it.  There's easily enough adventure seeds in there to turn into a campaign if you want.

That’s good to know. I’ll have to check that one out. Thanks for the tip.

On 4/16/2019 at 12:49 AM, whafrog said:

I wasn't that impressed with the first half of the F&D box either but it picks up in the second half.

The adventure at the back of F&D CRB was actually really good but it's harder to find players who haven't looked at it...