Sign in to follow this  
Xeletor

Tie v1 has non CK cards

So after the fuzz about the bwing not having the new cannon or plasma torpedos because they were not in the conversion kit, the Tie v1 has hate and predictive shot? Did I see that correctly? Was there any comment in the presentation why that is?

3 minutes ago, KaLeu said:

They also put Maul and hate (and i think i see predictive shot, too) in the new Ghost box. So yes, FFG holds up on their word that we can get all cards in faction.

...eventually.

Still no way to get the new cards from Clone Wars outside of CW ships. Passive sensors would be nice on the Tie v1, Bwings, and many other low init pilots with a sensor slot.

And no way for Scum to get Hate or Predictive Shot, either.  I've seen several Asajj+Hate builds, but no way of getting Hate short of buying FO Silencer or Empire Conversion kits.  

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

And no way for Scum to get Hate or Predictive Shot, either.  I've seen several Asajj+Hate builds, but no way of getting Hate short of buying FO Silencer or Empire Conversion kits.  

They should come with the Shadow Caster rerelease. And the Shadow caster should have come way before the JM5K now. Seriously, who is going to buy a new Jumpmaster??

Edited by KaLeu

2 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

And still no way for any faction outside scum to get Agile Gunner, (at least as far as I know).  It's going to be a pretty long while before FFG gets the generic upgrades to every faction if they keep restricting the cards in ship re-releases to cards that were already in the conversion kits.

36 minutes ago, joeshmoe554 said:

And still no way for any faction outside scum to get Agile Gunner, (at least as far as I know).  It's going to be a pretty long while before FFG gets the generic upgrades to every faction if they keep restricting the cards in ship re-releases to cards that were already in the conversion kits.

Unless they released a card pack with non-faction upgrades...

3 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

no way of getting Hate short of buying FO Silencer or Empire Conversion kits

Uh... It's not in the Empire Conversion Kit. It's in the FO Conversion Kit? Also the Sith Infiltrator for CIS.

As for the OP: I think that purely comes down to the fact that that Cannon is getting its first release in the same wave as the B-Wing. Any of the cards you're talking about in Wave 5 have been out for quite a while now in other expacs/kits.

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2019 at 1:49 AM, Xeletor said:

So after the fuzz about the bwing not having the new cannon or plasma torpedos because they were not in the conversion kit, the Tie v1 has hate and predictive shot? Did I see that correctly? Was there any comment in the presentation why that is?

They needed to add an Imperial expansion that had the cards, otherwise you would have to buy out-of-faction stuff to get them, which they are moving away from. Since there was a lot of ships to re-release before we see anything new (especially any new Force users) on the Imperial side, putting those Force powers in with the /v1 makes thematic sense. It would have been nice had they been in the conversion kit to start with, but it appears they were added at some point during Wave II's development process after Wave I was done.

Edited by kris40k

21 minutes ago, Ebak said:

Ah yes, the old Kobayashi maru no-win scenario.

Put non-conversion kit cards into the packs; people moan. Stick to just conversion kit cards; people moan.

Sometimes I wonder why FFG even bothers.

I wonder why no Imperial player has yet moaned about not getting the new targeting computer card (modification, i guess?) for their TIE Phantoms, Interceptors, Strikers, Reapers or at least to use Tarkin without Krennic outside the    V-49. 

Wait for it ...

12 minutes ago, KaLeu said:

I wonder why no Imperial player has yet moaned about not getting the new targeting computer card (modification, i guess?) for their TIE Phantoms, Interceptors, Strikers, Reapers or at least to use Tarkin without Krennic outside the    V-49. 

Wait for it ...

Could be because FFG had stated at Adepticon that they were looking at Upgrade packs for X-Wing like what they're doing for Legion.

11 minutes ago, KaLeu said:

Wait for it ...

Not an issue as a multi-faction player (prequels, Empire, Rebels).
Even if i wasn't, i'm not sure i'd be bothered really, since there are very few pilots who i feel could really use Target Lock (but then i'm a casual player), can make do with Focus and maybe Predator usually. Admittedly Tarkin being unusable without Krennic is a bit of an issue, since i really don't care for the Decimator.

YMMV, of course.

And i'd expect the Targeting Computer to appear in future releases eventually, like the TIE Interceptor. Obviously not ideal if one doesn't need more of these.

Plus like Hiemfire says, upgrade packs.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Could be because FFG had stated at Adepticon that they were looking at Upgrade packs for X-Wing like what they're doing for Legion.

I hope this happens. A pack for generic upgrades would probably be appreciated by plenty of players. I'm sure there are some people who still want some barrage rockets or extra afterburners.

The dream though would be faction specific ones that fill in some gaps from the normal expansions and conversion kits that single faction players may have in their collection. Personally I'd love a copy of Maul and Hate for my Rebels, but not sure if I can justify a new Ghost since I don't like running double large ship lists. Though if this doesn't happen there's always trades and ebay.

Edited by Hippie Moosen

Having desirable cards in out of faction ships sucks, no question.  I feel the need to point out that it was far worse in 1.0.  The biggest culprits to me were Push the Limit (exclusive to the A-Wing for a full year) and Predator (exclusive to the Defender for a year, and didn’t come to Rebels for almost 2 years, and then on a ship you really only want one or maybe 2 of (Ghost)).

That being said, buying a few defenders or Khiraxz fighters wasn’t that bad.  The problem now stems from there being 7 factions, and keeping up with all of them being a pretty expensive proposition.  I really hope they follow through with card packs, but I don’t think it will be any time soon, and they will come to Armada first (reasoning: Armada still uses the small sized cards for upgrades so packaging doesn’t have to change aside from the art, and Armada is going to release 2 new factions without going to a second edition, so there is no “cheap” option to get the cards that came with other ships to be competitive - looking at you, TRC).

Honestly continue to be mystified by any frustration on this.

There are retailers who break the packs open and sell individual cards. There are plenty on EBay. There are other players you can hit up.

I bought myself a Pattern Analyser for all of £1, including postage. More premium cards sell a little high, Hate is around £4 for example. That is still considerably cheaper than buying a ship you don't want.

Still, £4 is more than I want to pay for a single card, so I'll be proxy/borrow/beg from friends for now.

Card packs will be very welcome. Until then, solutions to this 'problem' are really very simple.