Sign in to follow this  
Porkchop Express

Wave VI Predictions

Now that Wave V is old news, having been announced, and Wave IV articles will be on the way soon, it's about time we find out what is everyone expecting for Wave VI (which I assume will drop just in time for Christmas).

With A-Wings and Interceptors in Hyperspace, they really should be on the way sooner rather than later. Also, the next movie is dropping at the end of the year, so they will probably want some tie-ins.

My guess:

Rebel - A-Wing

Imperial - Interceptor

Scum - Possibly nothing to keep wave manageable. If they do get a ship - Hound's Tooth

Resistance - New movie ship and the Bomber

First Order - New movie ship and the Upsilon

Republic - I expect them to not get, but if they do, a large base ship.

CIS - I expect them not to get, but if they do, a medium base ship.

Posted (edited)

Pretty much the same:

Rebel: A-wing

Imperial: TIE Interceptor or TIE Bomber

Scum: no idea, maybe nothing

Resistance: X-wing T-85

FO: Red FO TIE Interceptor

Republic: LAAT

Seppies: Jango's Slave One

Edited by Odanan

I'd avoid betting on new ships from Episode IX; I'd imagine that Disney won't give FFG the necessary information to fully flesh out the new ships (equipment, pilots, general capabilities, actual physical dimensions etc), so FFG will avoid repeating the mistakes of the past (PS8 Poe, generically named 'Ace' pilots, Ben Swolo's Silencer) and wait to do a proper release.

That said, both the FO and Resistance still have ships to re-release, so it's not as if they can't give them something in Wave VI.

Posted (edited)

Rebel: rz1 awing

imps: interceptor or maybe bomber so they have a Hyperspace ordnance carrier? 

Scum: none / break 

FO: Upsilon

Resistance: bomber

Republic: LAAT

CIS: Jango’s slave 1 or maybe sheathipede

Could be an expensive wave for the purists, but probably one ship for me.

Also, hoping the card packs Legion gets show up in wave 6 so that people not buying all the ships have access to the new content - 5 out of 7 factions have had zero new content since wave 2 and 4 of those 5 won’t have any new content until at least wave 6 based on the articles and spreads. 

Edited by ScummyRebel

I agree with LAAT for Republic, but it could also be a nice shiny Naboo shuttle.  I forget which one it is that's small enough to be a Large base, I think it's the one from  Revenge of the Sith (although I also don't think the one from Phantom Menace looks as big as we're told).

I’d guess we’ll get either the Droid Gunship or the Sheathipede next for CIS. Jango might come for them eventually, but I feel like it’s more likely they’ll give Boba’s some breathing room before releasing Jango’s, plus it fits the faction identity of DROIDS a bit less.

I wouldn’t have thought the Geonosian fighter was coming so soon, though, either.

LAAT and Sheathipede would give both factions a nice crew carrying option (cheap/1 crew for CIS, but more expensive/2 crew for Republic), whereas the Droid gunship would be another good larger base ship for the CIS.

Upsilon would be a pretty odd move if you ask me. There was such a rush to buy the 1.0 model when it became cheap that nobody is adding a third or fourth to their collection. I get a lot of these remakes are for new 2.0 players, but that applies much more to the Rebel, Scum, and Empire factions.  

2 hours ago, kempokid said:

Upsilon would be a pretty odd move if you ask me. There was such a rush to buy the 1.0 model when it became cheap that nobody is adding a third or fourth to their collection. I get a lot of these remakes are for new 2.0 players, but that applies much more to the Rebel, Scum, and Empire factions.  

On the one hand, you're totally right.

On the other hand, they're trying to get caught up on rereleases as a whole as fast as they plausibly can. Finishing off the Resistance and FO rereleases isn't an unforeseeable move, since they only have one ship each after wave 5.

But you could also argue that TRoS will take priority, depending on whether FFG is willing to risk gambling on unknowns again and/or how heavily Disney is leaning on companies for TRoS toys to come out in time for Christmas.

4 hours ago, AceDogbert said:

I'd avoid betting on new ships from Episode IX; I'd imagine that Disney won't give FFG the necessary information to fully flesh out the new ships (equipment, pilots, general capabilities, actual physical dimensions etc), so FFG will avoid repeating the mistakes of the past (PS8 Poe, generically named 'Ace' pilots, Ben Swolo's Silencer) and wait to do a proper release.

That said, both the FO and Resistance still have ships to re-release, so it's not as if they can't give them something in Wave VI.

That straw broke with Solo. The scum falcon released pretty close to the movie dropping. FFG has basically told Disney “enough is enough” in that regard, and their under heavy NDAs but finally have the info needed to produce ships from the movies with enough info.

20 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

That straw broke with Solo. The scum falcon released pretty close to the movie dropping. FFG has basically told Disney “enough is enough” in that regard, and their under heavy NDAs but finally have the info needed to produce ships from the movies with enough info.

I won't believe it until I see it. Yesterday during the panel they said they had much more info when working on R1 and Solo ships, and next to nothing when it comes to Episodes.

Rebel - A-Wing (Re-Release)

Imperial - TIE Interceptor (Re-Release)

Scum - YV-666 (Re-Release)

Resistance - Resistance T-85 

First Order - First Order Interceptor

Republic - (J-type 327) Nubian Royal Starship or ETA-2

CIS - Firespray (Jango Fett)

22 minutes ago, XPav said:

So I did some math. 

qqwfkI5.png

FFG is currently running at 91 days between releases, with waves announced 132 days before release.   I suspect the Star Wars Celebration tie-in pushed up the announcement of Wave 5 by a month.

This is really helpful. So I am cautiously hoping for epic battles for Christmas? Unless they tie it to a separate release from the waves. 

Posted (edited)

So Disney Plus launches on November 12.  They're supposed to release the entire Mandalorian series then.  The ship below, the Razor Crest, is the ship of the title character.  I think we definitely see this in Scum in Wave 6 or 7.  They talked a lot about how they created an actual model of the ship and used it for practical effects, so I would think scanning that model would provide a great start for creating an X-wing version.

Razorcrest-700x352.jpg

Razor-Crest.jpg

Edited by dadocollin

Looking at the ship count:

Republic 5, CIS 5, Rebels 6, Imperials 5, Resistance 3, FO 3, and Scum 8. Based off this Resistance and FO need more ships, though there isn't tons of material for them, and Republic, CIS, and Imperials need another ship to get them equal with Rebels. Scum could easily sit out this wave, though the Razor Crest would be pretty cool and being post OT could possibly be given a new tech slot and bring new illicits to Scum.

Republic: Eta-2 or Twilight, we got 3 Anakins already might as well get a fourth. Though we could get him as a crew on the LAAT/i instead. But, I'm going to lean Eta-2 since it would be good to get a Republic R2-D2 astromech upgrade.

CIS: HMP or Ginivex. It could go either way, the HMP could mirror the LAAT/i but they could do what they did with Wave 4 and 5 and split up the mirrors so one faction gets their super force ace ship and the other gets their gunship option. 

Imperials: TIE Brute, it gives the Empire a cannon ship, a way to get the new cannon upgrade from Wave 4, and would fall in line with every wave having at least 3 new sculpt molds in it.

Resistance: Resistance Bomber rerelease, there was a bit of time between Scum and Rebel Falcon so they might do the same here and could time the first card pack to come out around the same time as the Resistance Falcon due to Lando being a pilot for it so people picking it up can get him and they have the card pack out for those who already have the model. 

First Order: Upsilon Rerelease, since outside of the TIE/fo Interceptor seen in Resistance they don't have any other non-TRS ship options to really add to their faction and I figure they'd probably do the Fireball alongside the TIE/fo Inceptor at the same time. 

Wave VI

Epic conversion kit 

imperial squadron pack with bombers and an interceptor, also an interceptor reprint.  The squadron pack will have existing bomber pilots plus new interceptor and bomber pilots, plus a pile of upgrade cards not in conversion kits.  Also there will be a card pack of the new stuff from the squadron pack.

rebels will get similar treatment with 2 small ships.  

Scum not sure...

resistance and first order will get 1 or2 newships each, something film related, the options have already been mentioned above.

prequels, maybe 1 ship each... might have to wait though with epic and OT being the focus.

Republic: A shuttle or support ship of some sort. Theta-, Eta- or Nu-class shuttle would be probably best fits, since all would be primarily focused on carrying crew. The LAAT is a possibility, of course, but it is more offensive ship, not unlike the ARC-170.
Of the shuttles, the Theta would work best at this point, being a luxury shuttle especially fit for Palpatine, and perhaps offer us other Senator crews (Padme Amidala and Bail Organa would make for good support crew). (The Eta would be Jedi-themed, and the Nu clone-themed.)

Separatists: Frankly, they kind of need a support ship as well. Thus, the Sheathipede shuttle would be perfect fit, offering crew carrying capacity and Coordinate, and since the Ghost has Sheathipede-Phantom, the sculpt already exists.

I'd expect LAAT and HMP droid gunship to arrive in same wave as equivalent ships for both factions but probably later than Wave 6.

First Order and Resistance: If this wave happens to be revealed before the Force Friday and is in stores before November/December, a large ship for both factions might be likely. The Upsilon and YT-1300 probably. (I expect the StarFortress will get a resculpt, might take longer.)

However, i wonder if the sequel factions might be getting "squad packs" at some point, like the Republic and Separatists have? True, these factions can be converted with a Kit and first edition ships, but 1st ed ships will run out of at some point, and "squad packs" make for good introductions for new players. Ideally a timing coinciding with the new film would be ideal.
Regardless of timing, i suspect they will eventually get squad packs, and the same probably applies to the Empire, Rebels and Scum as well. Two TIEs and an X-wing allow learning the game, but the core set doesn't provide good base alone for starting to build a faction.

37 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

Republic: A shuttle or support ship of some sort. Theta-, Eta- or Nu-class shuttle would be probably best fits, since all would be primarily focused on carrying crew. The LAAT is a possibility, of course, but it is more offensive ship, not unlike the ARC-170.
Of the shuttles, the Theta would work best at this point, being a luxury shuttle especially fit for Palpatine, and perhaps offer us other Senator crews (Padme Amidala and Bail Organa would make for good support crew). (The Eta would be Jedi-themed, and the Nu clone-themed.)

Separatists: Frankly, they kind of need a support ship as well. Thus, the Sheathipede shuttle would be perfect fit, offering crew carrying capacity and Coordinate, and since the Ghost has Sheathipede-Phantom, the sculpt already exists.

I'd expect LAAT and HMP droid gunship to arrive in same wave as equivalent ships for both factions but probably later than Wave 6.

First Order and Resistance: If this wave happens to be revealed before the Force Friday and is in stores before November/December, a large ship for both factions might be likely. The Upsilon and YT-1300 probably. (I expect the StarFortress will get a resculpt, might take longer.)

However, i wonder if the sequel factions might be getting "squad packs" at some point, like the Republic and Separatists have? True, these factions can be converted with a Kit and first edition ships, but 1st ed ships will run out of at some point, and "squad packs" make for good introductions for new players. Ideally a timing coinciding with the new film would be ideal.
Regardless of timing, i suspect they will eventually get squad packs, and the same probably applies to the Empire, Rebels and Scum as well. Two TIEs and an X-wing allow learning the game, but the core set doesn't provide good base alone for starting to build a faction.

They'd have to modify the Sheathipede mold since Phantom II is a modification, but they've got a great starting point for sure. Does most of the job already. Agreed, they're probably teed up for a support craft.

5 minutes ago, dsul413 said:

They'd have to modify the Sheathipede mold since Phantom II is a modification, but they've got a great starting point for sure. Does most of the job already. Agreed, they're probably teed up for a support craft.

Uh, does the new sculpt clearly have Phantom II-specific changes? Or does it have just its paintjob?

But, even if the sculpts are somewhat different, they're probably made from the same master, and the most logical option would be stock Sheathipede, modified into Phantom II.

8 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

Uh, does the new sculpt clearly have Phantom II-specific changes? Or does it have just its paintjob?

But, even if the sculpts are somewhat different, they're probably made from the same master, and the most logical option would be stock Sheathipede, modified into Phantom II.

A non-Phantom 2 Sheath has a "sail" that extends about twice the height of the Phantom 2's.

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

A non-Phantom 2 Sheath has a "sail" that extends about twice the height of the Phantom 2's.

😲

I never noticed the Spectres shortened the fin-sail-thing!

Oh, well, i still think that they're probably made from same master model, to keep proportions etc. the same.