Hippie Moosen

The Summoning Returns ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

With all the Wave 5 discussion going on it's important to remember that other new crop of releases. The circle is drawn. The candles are lit. Let us now summon forth wave 4 previews!

◕◕ ༽つ SUMMON WAVE 4 ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

23 minutes ago, Hippie Moosen said:

With all the Wave 5 discussion going on it's important to remember that other new crop of releases. The circle is drawn. The candles are lit. Let us now summon forth wave 4 previews!

^DITTO!

Posted (edited)

A tad early? I'm still drooling over the initial Clone Wars ships, trying to make fun Clone builds, and modding my Delta's. Heck, the gas clouds alone function as an FO expansion: bonus defense for your chunky aces and abusing pattern analyzer to ignore it's only movement penalty.

Edited by player3010587

Wave 3 has been out less than a month, maybe we just look at what we have got rather than constantly looking to the future.

I'm actually a little disappointed that they spoiled wave 5 already as well, all it seems to do is have players wishing the new stuff would get here faster and not actually talking about the stuff that is literally only a few weeks old.

20 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

A tad early? I'm still drooling over the initial Clone Wars ships, trying to make fun Clone builds, and modding my Delta's. Heck, the gas clouds alone function as an FO expansion: bonus defense for your chunky aces and abusing pattern analyzer to ignore it's only movement penalty.

15 minutes ago, Mace Windu said:

Wave 3 has been out less than a month, maybe we just look at what we have got rather than constantly looking to the future.

I'm actually a little disappointed that they spoiled wave 5 already as well, all it seems to do is have players wishing the new stuff would get here faster and not actually talking about the stuff that is literally only a few weeks old.

Wave 4 is due out in 2 months... Might want to drop the 1.0 release lag expectations. They have several ships the preview.

Posted (edited)

I'm looking forward to Wave 4 more than Wave 5, but I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting what's next, especially if you don't care so much about what's currently new. I appreciate Wave 3 and all, but I realized I didn't really want anything out of it.

As a comparison, I consider times when I've been disappointed about a reveal, but told that I got my hopes up with speculation. The thing is, in the end, it only matters so much what I hope will show up. If what is actually announced isn't anything I like, it doesn't matter if I expected that or not.

It also helps that I'm more into the miniatures themselves than the game or the meta. There's not a whole lot left I really want in X-Wing, so it's not a big deal for me, but it's also every reason to keep one eye toward the horizon, perhaps at a binary sunset. 😜

Edited by Jokubas

9 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

I actually would like to see these previews start soon.  However, I expect we probably won't get too many until early May - probably starting Star Wars Day.

12 hours ago, Mace Windu said:

That sounds like something Snoke would say.

I haven't even fully received my pre-order of wave 3, and here I am pre-ordering wave 4 while talking about wave 5. It is getting a *little* too quick. I understand theres a lot of ships to reissue, and we're not getting that many truly new ships, but the waves are hitting at a breakneck pace. Much as I enjoy the game, I legit may have to skip a wave just to feel like I'm playing instead of collecting...

3 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

I haven't even fully received my pre-order of wave 3, and here I am pre-ordering wave 4 while talking about wave 5. It is getting a *little* too quick. I understand theres a lot of ships to reissue, and we're not getting that many truly new ships, but the waves are hitting at a breakneck pace. Much as I enjoy the game, I legit may have to skip a wave just to feel like I'm playing instead of collecting...

I know that feel bro. Following more than one faction makes these accelerated releases more difficult to follow as well. I've been limiting the quantity of what I get on some things, like just one republic ARC atm and probably only one resistance transport when they drop. I want to run a full list of N-1's but I'm probably gonna just get 2 or 3 at first. I've also sworn to follow just 3 factions. Any more and my wife and wallet will both come after me for sure :D

4 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

I know that feel bro. Following more than one faction makes these accelerated releases more difficult to follow as well. I've been limiting the quantity of what I get on some things, like just one republic ARC atm and probably only one resistance transport when they drop. I want to run a full list of N-1's but I'm probably gonna just get 2 or 3 at first. I've also sworn to follow just 3 factions. Any more and my wife and wallet will both come after me for sure :D

I keep trying to figure out the price on an N1. It's, like, very similar to a Defender, and yet somehow also very similar to a Z-95? My guess is that you won't be able to run more than 4 of these in a squad- and won't want to run more than 2 if you're making a competitive* squad.  

*If you're just messing around having fun, You should be able to run 6 and your opponent will have 10 Vultures and 3 Hyenas and pew pew pew.

9 minutes ago, Punning Pundit said:

I keep trying to figure out the price on an N1. It's, like, very similar to a Defender, and yet somehow also very similar to a Z-95? My guess is that you won't be able to run more than 4 of these in a squad- and won't want to run more than 2 if you're making a competitive* squad.  

*If you're just messing around having fun, You should be able to run 6 and your opponent will have 10 Vultures and 3 Hyenas and pew pew pew.

They are a weird one to try to figure out. I was thinking maybe 5 generics is possible (not competitive), but I really am not sure about that. 

8 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

100% this. I'm pretty much only buying separatists right now to help keep things decent on the wallet and appease my wife. I've got one resistance transport on order to keep them full up, but otherwise...I'm keeping my head down and iterating as much as I can through one faction.

1 minute ago, Vykk Draygo said:

Or we could summon Epic Conversion Previews. 

Well, as long as we’re hoping, right?

Why not both?

◕◕ ༽つ SUMMON WAVE 4 PREVIEWS ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

◕◕ ༽つ SUMMON EPIC 2.0 PREVIEWS ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ