Church14

Wild Clone wars COMMANDER Specualation

Posted (edited)

What are you expecting for Clone Wars commanders?

GAR:

Anakin Skywalker

Obiwan Kenibi

Admiral Yularen

Ahsoka Tano

??

CIS

General Grievous

Admiral Trench

Count Dooku?

EDIT: Darth Sidious because FFG thinks he acted openly... ever.

??

Edited by Church14

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

Ugh, Ashoka.  It was bad enough making every random Jedi a commander in an army, but kids!  Jeez.  So stupid.

She did mature quite well over the course of the series, but remember: Palpatine's plan wasn't about finding competent commanders and winning.  It was about involving the Jedi in the war, to kill them.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Posted (edited)

GRN:

Yoda

Koon

Skywalker

Kenobi

Tano

Yularen 

Kilian

Coburn

Tarkin

CISN:

Grievous

Trench 

Dooku

Dofine

Kalani

Tukk

(Cad) Bane?

Edited by DunaMoose

2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I don’t see Ashoka getting a commander card; she primarily seems to direct starfighter and ground combat, and is outranked by everyone else on that list.

Maybe as a Mon Mothma-style commander?

Just now, Muelmuel said:

"Large ship only."

"When it is your turn to activate, you may exhaust this card to pass your turn (your opponent activates a ship instead)."

*Dies inside*

2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Dooku, Kalani, Ventress, Tarkin, Yoda, Admiral Coburn.

I don’t see Ashoka getting a commander card; she primarily seems to direct starfighter and ground combat, and is outranked by everyone else on that list.

There was a whole EPISODE on her being a Commander, and the Marg-Sable lives in through it.

7 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

There was a whole EPISODE on her being a Commander, and the Marg-Sable lives in through it.

It was a single episode centered around her character development, though.  Neither the lesson nor the naval role stuck.

Ahsoka: *ignores big picture and advice from people who better understand the situation*

Clones: *die*

Ahsoka: Guess I learned my lesson.

Ahsoka on Felucia: *ignores big picture and advice from people who better understand the situation*

2 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

It was a single episode centered around her character development, though.  Neither the lesson nor the naval role stuck.

Ahsoka: *ignores big picture and advice from people who better understand the situation*

Ahsoka: Guess I learned my lesson.

Ahsoka on Felucia: *ignores big picture and advice from people who better understand the situation*

But the tactic did!

Just now, Drasnighta said:

But the tactic did!

Sure.  It just doesn't mean Ahsoka should be commanding a fleet when she's almost exclusively seen in other roles (heck, she only got the job over Ryloth after getting Yularen injured and when Anakin was busy.)  Officer?  Sure.  Ace?  Absolutely.  Boarding team?  I'll buy it.  Admiral... not sold.

32 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Sure.  It just doesn't mean Ahsoka should be commanding a fleet when she's almost exclusively seen in other roles (heck, she only got the job over Ryloth after getting Yularen injured and when Anakin was busy.)  Officer?  Sure.  Ace?  Absolutely.  Boarding team?  I'll buy it.  Admiral... not sold.

And yet...  Mon Mothma.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

And yet...  Mon Mothma.

Is political leadership.  So while she might not be coordinating broadsides, I could absolutely see her dictating an overall battle strategy.  Which Ahsoka wouldn't and doesn't do unless the upper levels of leadership are unavailable.

Ultimately, I'm content with agreeing to disagree on Ahsoka being a commander.  What's basically guaranteed is that she gets one or more roles in the CW era, and that's great.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

10 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Is political leadership.  So while she might not be coordinating broadsides, I could absolutely see her dictating an overall battle strategy.  Which Ahsoka wouldn't and doesn't do unless the upper levels of leadership are unavailable.

Ultimately, I'm content with agreeing to disagree on Ahsoka being a commander.  What's basically guaranteed is that she gets one or more roles in the CW era, and that's great.

I'm just...  I guess I'm having a hard time seeing what the criteria is for qualification, that's all...

I mean, sure. Mothma is a Political leader, but in her own words, deliberately leaves off the grand strategy and tactical works to Admirals and Generals...  The times we see her, it is only ever as a Political leader - even in Rebels, she leaves Tactical decisions to Hera at the time...  Her greatest command is, basically, "you do it.

So when we get to Ahsoka, we have record of her at least attempting to do so, and we're shown - from that point onward - that she is indeed, a direct commander and leader...  So I just figure, she'd qualify...

Now, is she a priority qualification given the rest?  **** no.  Personally, I'd be fine if we left the Jedi for the Squadrons and Upgrades, and kept it at Admirals, Captains and Commanders (Clones or Not) for Fleet Commanders...  But we know that's not going to happen :)