On 4/16/2019 at 11:20 PM, Nytwyng said:

Did he?

Or did people who’d gotten 16 years older in that span of time expect to feel that same sense of first-time wonder that they did years earlier?

That's not my experience from the kids I've introduced to Star Wars over the years.

Most of the kids I've introduced to Star Wars (and there have been many, I've worked with kids for over a decade now) have expressed that the portrayal of the force changes from the OT to the PT.
I mean, to be fair, most of them don't like the PT anyway, but that was one of the points they brought up.

I think that it's rather a case of those who grew up on the PT having rose-tinted glasses and not the other way around.

PS. these "kids" I'm talking about were all in their teens when they watched the movies for the first time.

Looking forward to the Mandalorian series, expecially since in my star wars group I have a mandalorian who is force sensitive but still trying to hold on to his mandalorian identity.

On 4/17/2019 at 4:26 AM, Dafydd said:

If you haven't already seen it, this might interest you

This probably belongs in its own thread and not here.

14 hours ago, OddballE8 said:

And that changes my point, how?

Most millennials who where introduced to Star Wars where of that age range when the prequels came out and many of them prefer them or the Clone Wars.

10 hours ago, Eoen said:

Most millennials who where introduced to Star Wars where of that age range when the prequels came out and many of them prefer them or the Clone Wars.

[Citation Needed]

Weird. I'm a millennial and nearly all my friends are. Most of us love Star Wars and feel pretty meh about the prequels. But then again, anecdotal evidence is an oxymoron.

Good grief, what a tiresome bout of chest-pounding.  If nerds actually had chests, that is.  If you're still arguing over "PT vs OT", then you've missed the point of both, plus, you're effectively "old" 💀  Amusingly, I'm probably the oldest person on these boards (saw E4 in 1977 at age 14), but you guys sound "get off my lawn" old.  Enjoy your early fossilization!  😁

50 minutes ago, whafrog said:

Amusingly, I'm probably the oldest person on these boards (saw E4 in 1977 at age 14), but you guys sound "get off my lawn" old.  Enjoy your early fossilization!  😁

Strange.  I didn't see Episode 4 until 1981.  I saw STAR WARS in 1977 at age 8 so you have me on age by a bit.
Sorry, had to do some of my own chest-pounding about the series and I do agree with your comment.

5 hours ago, kaosoe said:

[Citation Needed]

Weird. I'm a millennial and nearly all my friends are. Most of us love Star Wars and feel pretty meh about the prequels. But then again, anecdotal evidence is an oxymoron.

Did you watch them when you where 8 or or where you a teen then?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Eoen said:

Did you watch them when you where 8 or or where you a teen then?

I think I was 9 11 or so when Episode I came out in theater. I watched it with my best friend at the time.

Edit: I googled it and I was 11.

Edited by kaosoe

1 minute ago, kaosoe said:

I think I was 9 11 or so when Episode I came out in theater. I watched it with my best friend at the time.

Edit: I googled it and I was 11.

It's been my observation that preteens and teens are more jaded than kids. No I am not providing citations.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:26 AM, Eoen said:

I'm assuming you only read my post and didn't actually check the conversation that it was in reply to?

6 hours ago, micheldebruyn said:

Looks amazing.

Whomever designed the ship was a Firefly fan.

1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

That ship design is an old star wars one

I recognized the ship as well but my first thought was that it was a nice nod to Firefly

1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

That ship design is an old star wars one

I don't recognise it. Where is it from?

Just now, Varlie said:

I recognized the ship as well but my first thought was that it was a nice nod to Firefly

It can be both. Probably not a coincidence that out of the hundreds of old designs they have lying around they picked one that looks like a Firefly.

Is it possible that the Firefly ship was a nod to Star Wars and the Mandalorian ship is a nod back to Firefly ? I din't see all Firefly show, but in what I saw I remember an obvious influence from Star Wars, starting with its main character played the guy who played Castle and who plays now a rookie cop in LAPD. There's a lot of Han Solo in his Firefly's character.

1 hour ago, micheldebruyn said:

It can be both.

Oh, given that overly literal trainspotters will make up a fraction of the show's audience even with a huge influx of diehard fans, and Mandalorians must certainly have produced more than one visual design, it surely is both.