Sign in to follow this  
UndeadCrusader

Nantex Ensnare

Hi, I went trough rulebook and rules reference, but I'm still not sure about this. So here I am.

Can I do ensnare like once per end of activation phase or each time I am tractored during end of activation phase?

Lets say, I have three, or for easier example, two nantex fighters. One of them has tractor, he passes it to the other one trough ensnare and boosts itself, then it is tractored and can pass it back to the first one and repeat?

13 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

However, it's definitely affected by Once Per Opportunity, so each Nantex can only pass off a tractor token once at each trigger.  But that doesn't stop a whole squad of them shunting a single token around once per ship and then throwing it off to an enemy at the end of the chain...

Not to mention, if that single token causes a Nantex to become "tractored", does it drop the Tractor barrel roll or boost into the ability queue?  After everyone has moved, can you then dump one tractor token onto an un-tractored ally, boost or roll them closer to another target, then pass that one off, possibly chaining it further?

A ship is tractored while it has equal to or greater than a specific number of tractor tokens, according to its size: a small ship requires at least one tractor token, a medium ship requires at least two tractor tokens, and a large ship require at least three tractor tokens. A tractor token is a orange token. After a ship becomes tractored, the player whose effect applied the tractor token may choose one of the following effects: • Perform a barrel roll using the [1 󲁞] maneuver template. The player applying the effect selects the direction of the barrel roll and the ship’s final position. • Perform a boost using the [1 󲁞] maneuver template

THE token is only removed at Rounds end.  Not after tractor effect.  But if ensnare passes token then I guess you could be tractored twice in a round.  Question is wether or not barrel roll from tractor counts as an action?  Since you  can only perform each action once a round.  Normally this hasnt been a thing because tractor is an effect.

22 minutes ago, Kanawolf said:

THE token is only removed at Rounds end.  Not after tractor effect.  But if ensnare passes token then I guess you could be tractored twice in a round.  Question is wether or not barrel roll from tractor counts as an action?  Since you  can only perform each action once a round.  Normally this hasnt been a thing because tractor is an effect.

There's no question, the roll or boost from being tractored is not an action.

In 1e the movement only happened the first time each round a ship became tractored. This detail did not make it through to 2e. Whether this is intentional remains to be seen.

currently only restricted by once per opportunity. it's a player effect, so the controlling player can set it up nicely and transfer tokens along a line. the limiting factor being that each ship can only transfer one token once during the end of activation.

Talent_Ensnare.png

On 4/14/2019 at 1:48 PM, emeraldbeacon said:

Not to mention, if that single token causes a Nantex to become "tractored", does it drop the Tractor barrel roll or boost into the ability queue?  After everyone has moved, can you then dump one tractor token onto an un-tractored ally, boost or roll them closer to another target, then pass that one off, possibly chaining it further?

Yeah, as it's a game effect, it jumps to the front of the queue.