GilmoreDK

New Official Epic rules coming - finally..

I think you might right.  At least that is was I was thinking as well.  I do really wonder what will happen with the Gozanti and Transport though.  I seem to recall something about the developers wanted to integrate Epic into regular play somehow.  Maybe that is what will happen.

17 minutes ago, C Vic20 said:

I do really wonder what will happen with the Gozanti and Transport though.  I seem to recall something about the developers wanted to integrate Epic into regular play somehow.  Maybe that is what will happen.

Apparently the CIS used Gozanti cruisers, but I don't know if it's the carrier version or something more like the C-ROC, so they could get either of those huge ships. The idea of a Vulture Droid carrier sounds pretty cool, but I suspect the Separatist huge ship will allow vultures with the Grappling Struts to"dock" with have ships even without docking clamps.

It looks to me like the Gozanti and GR-75 will still be Epic-only huge ships, but they will not be in the first wave of re-released Epic expansion packs.

But I do thoroughly enjoy that the Gozanti is scaled to the starfighters in this game, and if it can be integrated into standard, I wouldn't be opposed.

I'm intrigued by the formation flying tool and how it will be implemented. 

I kind of feel it would have to be limited to relatively gentle manoeuvres (ie. straights or banks) as turns or more fancy stuff might cause one or more of the ships to have to fly backwards, pivot on the spot etc.

Anyone have any opinions/ideas on this one?

Oh this is interesting! I started playing in 2ed. Hmmm I can buy epic ships at 50% discount in my LFG. Playing rebels only ... should I wait for the re-release? 

3 hours ago, BanthaExpress said:

I kind of feel it would have to be limited to relatively gentle manoeuvres (ie. straights or banks) as turns or more fancy stuff might cause one or more of the ships to have to fly backwards, pivot on the spot etc.

My guess (and this is just a guess):

- Formation flying might be limited to straights and banks

- While flying in formation, the formation moves and engages at the initiative of the highest level unit.

- Formation leader can only plot a manoeuver that is available to all ships and probably blue or white (can't have an A-Wing do a 5 straight and drag a whole bunch of Y-Wings along)

- Barrel rolls and boosts cannot be done in formation.

- During the planning phase, you may opt to break formation.

Again, those are just guesses though.

11 minutes ago, dotswarlock said:

My guess (and this is just a guess):

- Formation leader can only plot a manoeuver that is available to all ships and probably blue or white (can't have an A-Wing do a 5 straight and drag a whole bunch of Y-Wings along)

This is interesting because the image they showed had Darth Vader performing a 3-bank, meaning that his outside wingman performed a 4-bank! So it seems that anything is possible. I agree it will need some restrictions, but I'm not sure how restrictive they're going to make it.

1 hour ago, Parakitor said:

This is interesting because the image they showed had Darth Vader performing a 3-bank, meaning that his outside wingman performed a 4-bank! So it seems that anything is possible. I agree it will need some restrictions, but I'm not sure how restrictive they're going to make it.

Yeah, I had noticed that one too, although it would be "kind of" a 4 bank on the outside and 2 bank on the inside.  The reason I mention "kind of" is that when you start parallellel and do a 1, 2 and 3 bank, you don't end up as perfectly parallel as this.  I'll be really curious as to how it all plays out in the end, especially the 3 to 8 player part.  I have no idea how it will fit on a table (or how big the table needs to be), but I'm willing to rise to the challenge!

7 hours ago, BanthaExpress said:

I want it to have a 4' shuffle-board stick just like I'm moving my assets in the war room:

Image result for wwii battle room

3 hours ago, Parakitor said:

Iirc Vader did a 2 bank in the demo image not a 3. That is still a 1 bank for the one to his right performing the slower maneuver (which is not on the TIE/Ln dial).

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Iirc Vader did a 2 bank in the demo image not a 3. That is still a 1 bank for the one to his right performing the slower maneuver (which is not on the TIE/Ln dial).

Either way, there are moves not on the dial being implemented this manner. We shall see how this goes.

I like the idea of formation flying to save time. I’m curious what limits exist before ships break ranks.

I'm also intrigued by "one dial per wing".

If it means you only have to use one TIE fighter dial to move 6 TIE fighters, that will take some of the sting out of the dial shortages in the conversion kits.

On the other hand, it might mean there are special new "formation" dials in the Epic pack, which could mean needing to buy multiple (more!) packs to field large collections, which would be... much less enjoyable.

I'll be waiting to see how this is implemented.

On 4/28/2019 at 8:17 PM, Rakaydos said:

Raider- Empire and RESISTANCE (Blame EA, Iden Verso is a Rebel and a Traitor)

Nah, I think it’ll be:

Raider: Empire + FO

CR90: Republic, Rebels, and Resistance

Gr75: Rebels, resistance

C-roc: Scum, CIS

gozanti: empire, not sure if they’ll go FO on this or if they’ll go Republic (it’s old enough)