GilmoreDK

New Official Epic rules coming - finally..

5 hours ago, weisguy119 said:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Yeah.  It's basically everything I could have hoped for.

And, as an aside, I talked to someone from FFG at Celebration.  They read the boards.  These things are here because we asked for them.

Thank you FFG!!!

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Have fun.

This has been the most insanely cool Star Wars weekend of my life.

Wife and I both cosplaying SW for the first time ever,

Celebration 2019 with 60,000 like-minded geeks,

My favorite part of XWM is back and better than ever,

And, just to ice the cake, I watched Rogue One tonight, the best SW film ever made (IMHO).

The whole thing has called for Champagne.  And sushi.  Both of which were available. :D

Edited by Darth Meanie

5 hours ago, Sasajak said:

And the Imperial Gozanti?  Are these now longer huge ships?  New ship category confirmed?  Extra Large?

That would be interesting... (and a good cue for the Gauntlet/Nightbrother) 

4 hours ago, Parakitor said:

I heard a rumour that all 5 huge ships will be included in the conversion kit, and that each ship will be playable in two factions. Can anybody substantiate or refute that rumor?

First I’ve heard those specifics... I hope they are true because that sounds perfect to me. I don’t expect it to be the case though. They said 3 ships so I expect only three up front, unless the conversions are different.

20 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

First I’ve heard those specifics... I hope they are true because that sounds perfect to me. I don’t expect it to be the case though. They said 3 ships so I expect only three up front, unless the conversions are different.

That would be very, Very, VERY annoying.

Epic has to wait an extra year then only gets 60% of the options converted??

Standard players would have had an aneurism if that had happened to them.

6 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

That would be very, Very, VERY annoying.

Epic has to wait an extra year then only gets 60% of the options converted??

Standard players would have had an aneurism if that had happened to them.

This is true, but I have to assume the worst based on what was said.

ideally, the3 was a reference to models being available again, and conversions will be for all 5. I am just not quite ready to hold my breath. After all, on drop the standard ships weren’t all legal (FO and Resistance had to wait a wave)

55 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

This is true, but I have to assume the worst based on what was said.

ideally, the3 was a reference to models being available again, and conversions will be for all 5. I am just not quite ready to hold my breath. After all, on drop the standard ships weren’t all legal (FO and Resistance had to wait a wave)

I think that it is most likely that all 5 ships will be in the conversion, especially if it's FFG's plan is to re-release all 5 ships.  The current conversion kits have included all previous 1.0 ships prior to their re-release in 2.0.  The alternative would be for them to release two separate epic conversion kits, which wouldn't make much sense. 

My reading of the slides and presentation are that all 5 epic ships will be in the conversion kit. Each of those will be converted to two factions. 

Then the 3 huge ships shown in the slide: CR90, Raider, and C-ROC will be rereleased as 2.0 expansions. 

5 hours ago, BlodVargarna said:

Looking forward to re-fitted CR-90 for Resistance 

See, that's the one I can't figure out. The CR90 would be a good fit for Republic and Resistance, but the rumor is that each ship can be used by two factions, so which one misses out?

The CR90 is awfully close to the Consular ship in Episode 1, so if that's their planned release then maybe they hold off on giving the CR90 to the Republic. On the other hand, the Tantive IV was used during the Clone Wars, so it's a perfect fit.

But it also survived to the Resistance era, still in use by General Leia. The Imperial Raider was also used by the Resistance when Inferno Squadron defected with the Corvus, but then there are plenty of ships stolen by Rebels that can't be field by Rebels in this game, so maybe the Raider's not such a good fit for Resistance. CR90 wins out here, too.

Alternatively, some ships may have more than one faction. After all, only 3 ships are being re-released in the first wave: the CR90, Raider, and C-ROC. If each of those ships has components for only 1 other faction, that's only 6 factions, so maybe one of those ships gets a 3rd faction?

I'm just so excited I can't help but speculate. Need article now!

11 hours ago, Parakitor said:

See, that's the one I can't figure out. The CR90 would be a good fit for Republic and Resistance, but the rumor is that each ship can be used by two factions, so which one misses out?

My guess is Raider for Empire and FO, CR90 for Rebels and Resistance.

Not sure who else gets the C-ROC. Maybe the CIS because they used a lot of mercenary types? But then what for the Republic? CR90 may be 3 factions! 

And that way, all 7 get an epic ship right away.