Audio Weasel

"Two sizeable ships"... time for completely uninformed speculation!!!!!!!!

We’re not out of ships that appeared on screen until we get the tennis shoe, the yogurt cup, and the wad of chewing gum expansions. They’ll be bases and cards only. You’ll have to supply the “ship” yourself and see if anyone in the audience, I mean FLGS, notices. 

In all seriousness, though, I’d love to see Katana Fleet Dreadnoughts with a new type of upgrade slot: slave circuits. 

So I’m really bored in a work meeting and started daydreaming about possible expansions. I thought “Katana Fleet Dreadnoughts would be cool.”  The defining trait of those ships was the slave circuits that let one ship control another. 

I think a slave circuit upgrade slot could provide interesting options:

Title: Katana Fleet Dreadnaught- at the beginning of your activation you may discard this card to activate the slave circuit upgrade on another ship at distance 1-3. (Maybe make an officer or offensive retrofit give the same ability)

Slave Circuit upgrades:

Navigational circuits- when this card is activated perform a speed 1 maneuver with a yaw value of “-“.

Weapons circuits- when this card is activated, the player who activates it may perform an attack from any hull zone of this ship against a ship or squadrons in range of that hull zone. During this attack, accuracy icons have no effect and the dice cannot be modified. That hull zone may not perform another attack this round. 

Command circuits- when this card is activated the player who activates it may choose new commands for this ship, up to this ships command value. 

Bringing a fleet of ships with slave circuits could give you some real advantages. But since the upgrades don’t specify friendly or enemy, your ships could potentially be hijacked by the opposing player. 

Figured it could be appropriate for Katana Fleet Dreadnoughts, which I would want to have an Imperial and Rebel variant, but could also be utilized by CIS droid ships when the Clone Wars comes to Armada.

Ok crazy theory here based on a rumor, a supposed leaks and speculation.

1 Rumor: the two new ships are from the battle of Jakku. 

2 Supposed leak: The Rise of Skywalker will have flash back to the battle of Jakku.

My theory is we will see a starhawk and a new Imperial ship in a flash back ofbtye battle of Jakku during The Rise of Skywalker.  These will be the "decent sized ships coming to Armada"

Alright now you can tell me I'm full of s@#t. Haha

31 minutes ago, Rune Taq said:

2 Supposed leak: The Rise of Skywalker will have flash back to the battle of Jakku.

My theory is we will see a starhawk and a new Imperial ship in a flash back ofbtye battle of Jakku during The Rise of Skywalker.  These will be the "decent sized ships coming to Armada"

I actually think you’re right.

I think Episode 9 is going to try and explain everything because the first two were so focused.

With the Battle of Jakku fundamental to the First Order’s creation they might just do this. 

1 hour ago, Rune Taq said:

I was thinking the same thing. Though there is one problem with that theory. FFG said that Disney does not tell them a whole lot in advanced about the main line Star Wars movies. They do get info about ships and stuff for the spin-off movies in advance but not for the main line movies.

All that said I was always hoping that the big battles in between ROTJ and TFA like the battle of Jakku or Kuat would get the silver screen appearance they deserve.

Question to the real SW geeks (I no longer follow canon that closely):

What cap ships post RotJ are there?

Stuff like novels, comics, whatever.

Several people have mentioned "Star Hawk" in conjunction with Jakku and taking down an SSD, but googling provides little info and no images at all.

So that's it? One ship, mentioned only?

4 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Several people have mentioned "Star Hawk" in conjunction with Jakku and taking down an SSD, but googling provides little info and no images at all.

Starhawks were a class. I’ve heard of 3 of them at a minimum. I believe two of three at Jakku were lost. 

There isn’t a cannon model for them. Just a vague description in a book

3 minutes ago, Church14 said:

Starhawks were a class. I’ve heard of 3 of them at a minimum. I believe two of three at Jakku were lost. 

How vague? Anyone?

On 5/10/2019 at 8:24 PM, Forresto said:

This is tough.

There are currently six canonical classes available to the Rebels.

-Dornean Gunship

-3 unknown classes seen in Empire and Return. 

-Star Hawk (An SSD counter but only likely if they appear in Episode 9). 

-MC-85 (The Raddus Type)

The Imperials only have 4 classes available to them.

-Arrestor Class (Solo)

-New canon version of Dreadnaughts 

-Venator 

-Acclamator 

~

My guess is the Rebels get a Starhawk and the Imperials get a plain Venator since the Republic are getting one anyways.

This was really intriguing.

But these mystery ships all seem rather small, no?

Otherwise would be cool to see em in Armada.

5 hours ago, Church14 said:

Essentially they’re the Rebellion’s attempt at a counter to Star Destroyers. 

They have seriously wicked tractor beams which were used to tip the bow of SSD Ravager into the gravitational pull of Jakku as other ships were sacrificed to take out the SSD’s engines. 

In terms of power they seem to be superior to an ISD but far below the power of an SSD, as you said they lost two of three against Ravager. I could be wrong but I thought they lost the third one as well.

They've frustratingly never been pictured in canon despite the suggestion in they would become the mainstay capital ship of the New Republic.

With the SSD on it’s way it seems fairly reasonable to bet a Starhawk will be introduced to Armada as a rebel counter.

Now if they plan to then how do they implement it? If they suddenly introduce a rebel ship that can outclass an ISD in a 1 on 1 fight, every rebel player is bound to use one. Suddenly the asymmetric fleet styles that inform the thematic relationship of our factions is somewhat ruined.

To cap off a lengthy reply, my guess is if they do a Starhawk it’ll be a huge ship and therefore admissible only in games allowing huge ships. 

6 hours ago, Green Knight said:

The Bunker Buster and Raddus are both post RotJ civil war too, as is the starfortress (but that one is no capital ship).

8 hours ago, Rune Taq said:

Also, the "new Imperial ship" could be the Immobilizer 418 cruiser. Canonically they were present at the battle of Jakku. Would make for a great opportunity to bring new life to the experimental retrofit slot.

10 hours ago, Rune Taq said:

I’d love your theory to be true.  I would think the star hawk and imobilizer cruiser for the imps would both fit the bill and satisfy both factions.

4 hours ago, LordCola said:

Also, the "new Imperial ship" could be the Immobilizer 418 cruiser. Canonically they were present at the battle of Jakku. Would make for a great opportunity to bring new life to the experimental retrofit slot.

I'd love to have the old Interdictor, and if that ship makes it in then the possibility of the Vindicator (the hull that it's based on) making it in goes up. 

I'd also love the Dreadnought too, more expanded universe ships would be good.

5 hours ago, Forresto said:

and therefore admissible only in games allowing huge ships. 

You mean...  Normal Games?

:)

There were 3 Starhawks at the Battle of Jakku.  The Amity, Unity and Concorde.  All were considered "Mark One"

The Amity was the first destroyed - Suicide-Rammed by an ISD.  The Punisher, or Punishment, something like that off the top of my head.

That set off a chain reaction of debris that effectively cost the Concorde, but it went out pulling the Tractor-Trick on the Ravager.

The Unity survived the battle.

They weren't necessarily better than a Star Destroyer, but were designed to go toe-to-toe with them.  Being built from scrapped Imperial warships with the ethos of "New, New, Better, New." - hence the powerful Tractor beams.

Furthermore, in the Novelisation of The Last Jedi, when Leia is looking out while evacuating on the transports, she is stated to be wishing that Inferno Squadron had gotten back from their mission to look for a Task Force of Starhawks...

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Forresto said:

Essentially they’re the Rebellion’s attempt at a counter to Star Destroyers. 

They have seriously wicked tractor beams which were used to tip the bow of SSD Ravager into the gravitational pull of Jakku as other ships were sacrificed to take out the SSD’s engines. 

In terms of power they seem to be superior to an ISD but far below the power of an SSD, as you said they lost two of three against Ravager. I could be wrong but I thought they lost the third one as well.

They've frustratingly never been pictured in canon despite the suggestion in they would become the mainstay capital ship of the New Republic.

With the SSD on it’s way it seems fairly reasonable to bet a Starhawk will be introduced to Armada as a rebel counter.

Now if they plan to then how do they implement it? If they suddenly introduce a rebel ship that can outclass an ISD in a 1 on 1 fight, every rebel player is bound to use one. Suddenly the asymmetric fleet styles that inform the thematic relationship of our factions is somewhat ruined.

To cap off a lengthy reply, my guess is if they do a Starhawk it’ll be a huge ship and therefore admissible only in games allowing huge ships. 

Huge ships are allowed in competitive play... So huge ships are always allowed.  Only restriction is point cost.

Edited by Rune Taq

If we get a Starhawk my assumption is that lucasfilms and the mouse gave FFG the job of designing the ship as they designed the raider for xwing. Then once the model was approved Lucas films used it for TROS

11 hours ago, Rune Taq said:

If we get a Starhawk my assumption is that lucasfilms and the mouse gave FFG the job of designing the ship as they designed the raider for xwing. Then once the model was approved Lucas films used it for TROS

I wish this to be true but with all the easy stuff they could do I just don't see this happening. I'm still surprised in all honesty that we haven't seen a death star.

12 hours ago, fistfulofforce said:

I wish this to be true but with all the easy stuff they could do I just don't see this happening. I'm still surprised in all honesty that we haven't seen a death star.

I don't think we will see a death star unless it's cardboard station objective type campaign or scenario play.