Audio Weasel

"Two sizeable ships"... time for completely uninformed speculation!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

People would complain that when a Large Base Flotilla rams a CR90, the CR90 doesn't take any Damage...

You are most likely correct, however if a small base has two ships per base, if a medium has three, and large four would they still have that issue?

6 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

Tell me more.

You mean in RotJ?  Do you have a source where I can read more about this?  This is not something I'd heard of before...

I can't remember where I saw these storyboards - they were more like sketches - but the scene was supposed to be several MonCal ships waaay too similar to an MC30 on them attacking the Executor with the support of B-Wings. They were some indication of this in the Secret history of Star Wars by Michael Kaminsky as well. I do recommend the book, it's a great source of what it could have been or almost became of Star Wars.

As far as I know the MC-30 model was built but probably never finished, and it was either scrapped or it's in Skywalker Ranch's vault and was never displayed.

It is certain that Madine's scenes were filmed for his skirmish - Wookiepaedia confirms that as well - but they weren't finished.

2 hours ago, CDAT said:

You are most likely correct, however if a small base has two ships per base, if a medium has three, and large four would they still have that issue?

I couldn’t say- , but even to do that, you would need to necessarily errata the flotilla rules themselves.

At the moment, the flotilla rules allow any base size, because what says “this is a flotilla” is “two ship models per stand”. (Paraphrased as the exact quote isn’t handy)

It does not say “on a small base” or anything like that, and indeed, the faq clarifies that a flotilla is “the size class of its base”.

the second part of the base flotilla rule is (again, paraphrased as I don’t have the exact quote) “during a collision involving one or more flotillas only the flotillas take damage”- again, no mention of size differences or anything like that.

so basically, as is, with no changes, you’re already future proofed for flotillas of all sizes, but the rules apply equally to them - ships don’t take ram damage from them.

Edited by Drasnighta

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

I couldn’t say- , but even to do that, you would need to necessarily errata the flotilla rules themselves.

At the moment, the flotilla rules allow any base size, because what says “this is a flotilla” is “two ship models per stand”. (Paraphrased as the exact quote isn’t handy)

It does not say “on a small base” or anything like that, and indeed, the faq clarifies that a flotilla is “the size class of its base”.

the second part of the base flotilla rule is (again, paraphrased as I don’t have the exact quote) “during a collision involving one or more flotillas only the flotillas take damage”- again, no mention of size differences or anything like that.

so basically, as is, with no changes, you’re already future proofed for flotillas of all sizes, but the rules apply equally to them - ships don’t take ram damage from them.

I also do not have the flotilla rules here with me, but I do not remember it saying anything about the number of units making it a flotilla, just that it has multiple units. I am also one of those who thinks what you see is what you get as far as numbers go. So using the Gozanti as an example if we assume that each ship gives it 1.5 hull, 1/2 a blue dice out the front/sides, and 1/2 a black dice anti-squadron. Now you become a medium base ship that would give 4.5 (rounded to 5) hull, 1.5 blue (rounded to 2) out the front/sides, and 1.5 black dice (rounded to 2) anti-squadron, but yes it still takes damage but does not cause any in a ram. If you move up to a large base ship it now would be 6 hull, 2 blue dice front/side, and 2 black dice anti-squadron dice, but still does no damage in a ram. Now I am not saying that they would just make larger number Gozanti's, but I could see them making different squadrons with different base sizes that could be combat flotillas.

51 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I checked there, but as it did not have an image of the rules document, I was unsure of the 100% quotability of the wording as written, which is what was required. 

I would say Armada wiki is up to 99% reliable. Most of the wording comes directly from RRG, FAQ and other official sources. Only sometimes errors happen but community will fix them eventually.

Silly idea here.... how about both of the ships being Rebel mediums?  one Mon Cal & the other a rust bucket... so we can get back to the ramshackle visual feel of the rebel fleet ... especially as we have so many Imperial cards coming with the SSD

31 minutes ago, slasher956 said:

Silly idea here.... how about both of the ships being Rebel mediums?  one Mon Cal & the other a rust bucket... so we can get back to the ramshackle visual feel of the rebel fleet ... especially as we have so many Imperial cards coming with the SSD

They have stated 1 per faction, so no.

1 hour ago, slasher956 said:

Given the SSD as counterweight, this is actually a good idea. It also really pushes my wish of the rebels having larger diversity than the empire (which has already been done a bit through the Chimera).

On 5/2/2019 at 11:15 AM, Rune Taq said:

Fair enough but I don't think a large flotilla really makes sense for this game.  

That depends. If they introduced some of the larger bulk freighters, as large or medium base flotillas, I could see that as filling a gap in ship choice. I would think that a new upgrade suit that adds VP, beyond it's initial point costs, if the ship survives could make for an interesting defensive fleet as well.

This is tough.

There are currently six canonical classes available to the Rebels.

-Dornean Gunship

-3 unknown classes seen in Empire and Return. 

-Star Hawk (An SSD counter but only likely if they appear in Episode 9). 

-MC-85 (The Raddus Type)

The Imperials only have 4 classes available to them.

-Arrestor Class (Solo)

-New canon version of Dreadnaughts 

-Venator 

-Acclamator 

~

My guess is the Rebels get a Starhawk and the Imperials get a plain Venator since the Republic are getting one anyways.

3 hours ago, Piratical Moustache said:

I am still hopeful for this ship to appear in Armada. 

latest?cb=20141130074232

#teamsecutor

If the Quasar Fire is the hangar deck of an Imperial Star Destroyer detached and given Engines, why not make an ISD and attach another ISD Hangar deck to it?

That's the Secutor. Fighter 8, three offensive retrofit slots, two weapons teams, an officer, and an ion cannon. Force the rebels to cry harder about not getting a decent carrier. :P

I'd also like to see the secutor but I put that one on the same level as the MC40a and Nebulon-B2. Sadly.

Not unless Episode IX happens to show us one in a fleet assembly montage for the First Order or something. We do know an ISD-I shows up. Mehh? *shrug*