Alzer

WE"RE GETTING CLONE WARS!

2 hours ago, Norell said:

Torrents were the absolute backbone of the GAR fleet for years, before the ARC-170 was introduced in the last year of the war.

EDIT: What's with all the stealth ship love? It was in like one episode and it's basically the same ship as the Carrion Spike. I mean it is one single unique ship, never fielded in big numbers. It would be silly to see a fleet of those on the board... The Consular is not really a battleship, more like a placeholder because they didn't have anything better. But it's not a warship, especially if you compare it to the CR90.

The refitted Consular was armed pretty similarly to the CR-90. 5 twin turbolaser batteries and a pair of Point defense cannons. Additionally she can be seen with a ton of dishes about her, so maybe a slot similar to what we see on the Gozanti but not in a flotilla?

8 hours ago, DunaMoose said:

Anakin Skywalker
Eta-2 Squadron
Speed 5, 4 Hull, ASq 2B1R, ASh 1B
Friendly squadrons within distance 1-2 add 1 black die to their battery armament.
Rogue, Counter 2
Scatter-Scatter
21pts

Or the card could just say ‘Anakin wins’

7 hours ago, Norell said:

EDIT: What's with all the stealth ship love? It was in like one episode and it's basically the same ship as the Carrion Spike. I mean it is one single unique ship, never fielded in big numbers. It would be silly to see a fleet of those on the board... 

Im pretty sure the thing has more screen time than the Home One class. 

28 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Considering how many ships he crashes...

I mean, heck, Ahsoka basically makes a meme in canon about how she's always saving him from that..  :D

so let's do this

Anakin Skywalker

(Blah-blah-Eta squadron)

"when attacking a squadron, roll a red die:

-on a blank, Anakin crashes, remove its squadron from play

-on a crit, remove target squadron from play

-on any other result, if you don't have Asoka Tano at distance 1-2, Anakin Skywalker takes as many hit as he deals to its target. If you have her, ignore the self-inflicted damage"

I realized that my children have only seen one or two of the canon movies: (#4 and #5 in the nine film trilogy).  They've watched a bunch more of the animated Rebels and Clone Wars -- my daughter liked Leia, loves Ashoka. 

(I'm not sure I'd have expected to let my kids watch lots of animated Star Wars -- but I had to choose between Disney Princesses and Princess Leia.  The other day my daughter remarked that Buttercup in The Princess Bride seemed too princessy -- Ahsoka and Leia are tough competition). 

Anyway, it's interesting because I can very well understand the purist's view from my own generation -- if it isn't Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill, it's a pale shadow of Star Wars... (and Phantom Menace, etc. were a pale shadow of the original ... poor Ahmed Best, who knew he'd become a prologue of Theresa May) but for my kids, Star Wars is the Lego encyclopedia, the Wookiepedia, a whole slew of CGI/cartoon vignettes, and a huge imaginative ecosystem populated by the fiction, etc.  

From their eyes, our purism would make no sense.... and my daughter will want to play Ahsoka, Leia, or Padme.    

On 4/17/2019 at 8:32 PM, Muelmuel said:

If Anakin squadron gets rogue then Darth Vader squadron needs an errata to get rogue

IDK. It's also about the ship.  The Jedi starfighters were interceptors.  I could be mistaken but they were close to, if not the best, interceptors until the A-wings were created. I could see (shipwise) anakins fighter getting rouge and Darth Vader's tie advanced not getting it.

19 hours ago, Jabby said:

A card that lets you deploy at-te walkers on asteroids would be cool

Maybe anakin commander could be something about placing walkers on asteroids.

"at the start of the first command phase, place three (insert token name here) tokens next to your flag ship.  When you activate a ship you may place one token on an obstacle at distance 1-3 of that ship.  At the start of the ship phase you may select one token and perform an attack of 3 blue dice.  

IDK something like that.

Posted (edited)

I’m super-enthused about Clone Wars Armada — it can’t to be released soon enough!

I’m curious about the Clone Wars ship sizes and the apparent lack of small ships, especially for the Separatists.

For the GAR, I can think of 4 small ships: the CR-70 “Charger” Corvette, Arquitens Light Cruiser, Pelta Medical Frigate, and Republic Stealth Ship. The Arquitens and Pelta will probably just be repaints of the existing ships, and the CR-70 is very similar to CR-90. The Republic Stealth Ship will be the only new small ship, but even if it’s chosen, it probably won’t be released until a later wave.

The only Separatists ships that could loosely be classified as “small” are: the Saboath Destroyer and the Techno Union’s Hardcell transport. However, neither of those fit the fast-&-agile mold of a small ship.

I expect that the majority of Clone Wars ships will fall in the medium or large ship categories, which will make Clone Wars distinctive from classic Armada.

Edited by Reavern

20 hours ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

I suspect we’ll see a lot of boarding teams considering how many boarding actions took place in the Clone Wars. 

I'm thinking something along the mines of "501st Legion Clones" or "41st Elite Corps Clones" for the GAR and droid names for the CIS.