Alzer

WE"RE GETTING CLONE WARS!

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The only thing stopping you from playing a rebel fleet with a Providence, MC75, Raider, and Acclamator together, are the Tournament rules. Casual play you can do whatever you want. You can do dual faction all you want when the republic stuff releases in casual play. Such as Campaigns, where things can be agreed upon.

This:

26 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

And the way FFG does balance testing for this game.

FFG doesn't balance ships to be played in factions that they are not supposed to go in. Just imagine rebel Arquitens with Ackbar. That would be totally broken. Even in casual games I am not very comfortable accepting cross faction play because someone might stumble upon some way to over powered combo and breaking the game.

Edit: Also it is super hard to find people to play non standard rules with because everyone wants to play tournament rules.

Edited by LordCola

9 minutes ago, LordCola said:

This:

FFG doesn't balance ships to be played in factions that they are not supposed to go in. Just imagine rebel Arquitens with Ackbar. That would be totally broken. Even in casual games I am not very comfortable accepting cross faction play because someone might stumble upon some way to over powered combo and breaking the game.

I'm sure they'll be able to work design space in a way that if the Arquittens and Pelta *hopefully* make it in, they'll be balanced for such.

I hope they are not all faction unique cards in the ship boxes upgrades add a lot of variety and can mix up builds, and if the empire and rebels are not getting new ships ugrades would be nice. I mean even card packs like they are doing for legion would be awesome.

20 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

Has anyone heard anything about how they are doing this? Are we getting a new Core Set, single-ship expansions, or multi-ship packs (like the X-Wing Clone Wars)?

My guess is a bit of everything.  Legions shows they will do a second Core so count on that.  Some ships are quite big so there will be single ship expansions.  And there may be multi ship packs, especially for the CIS where they will probably have generic titles like the Hammerheads so a pack of 2-3 ships at some point is likely.

I think this is an awesome announcement. Including Clone Wars has the potential to bring in new players and expand the base. Would love more OT/Legends stuff but deeper and deeper cuts from the distant past isn't going to bring the interest and participation like adding "best of" the Clone Wars. So I support this decision. Thank you, FFG!

1 hour ago, Grumbleduke said:

Has anyone heard anything about how they are doing this? Are we getting a new Core Set, single-ship expansions, or multi-ship packs (like the X-Wing Clone Wars)?

No basically we have the same information the Legion guys did last year when clone wars was announced for them.  I don't expect near as long a wait maybe something at Gencon or Pax west to get an article

5 hours ago, ManInTheBox said:

Wait, has something official been announced about IA?

Somewhere in the panel discussion today, I was told (ie: haven't had time to listen to it all myself) that when FFG was asked about IA, all that they said is that there's nothing in the production plan at all for IA. So take it as you will. I haven't confirmed it yet nor do I have the exact quote. But as it stands, IA appears to be as close to dead without it being announced as is possible.

5 hours ago, ManInTheBox said:

Wait, has something official been announced about IA?

Somewhere in the panel discussion today, I was told (ie: haven't had time to listen to it all myself) that when FFG was asked about IA, all that they said is that there's nothing in the production plan at all for IA. So take it as you will. I haven't confirmed it yet nor do I have the exact quote. But as it stands, IA appears to be as close to dead without it being announced as is possible.

While i am glad that Armada is continuing on with the addition of Clone Wars material, as a rebel player i am a little nervous.  With the addition of The Republic and CIS as new factions, it will take time for them to catch up to the number of ships that the Rebels and Imperials can field. 

What happens to us?  Will we be forced to wait for years for new Ship expansions?  Or are they basically phasing out Rebel and Imperial expansions entirely to focus on the new factions?

15 minutes ago, idiewell said:

While i am glad that Armada is continuing on with the addition of Clone Wars material, as a rebel player i am a little nervous.  With the addition of The Republic and CIS as new factions, it will take time for them to catch up to the number of ships that the Rebels and Imperials can field. 

What happens to us?  Will we be forced to wait for years for new Ship expansions?  Or are they basically phasing out Rebel and Imperial expansions entirely to focus on the new factions?

At Adepticon, they basically said that they’ll bring the card packs that they announced for Legion to Armada. My guess is the new Clone Wars stuff will have new upgrades that will be applicable to Rebs/Imps, and that you’ll be able to get them in card packs if you don’t want to buy any Clone Wars ships/starters. So I have a feeling there will still be stuff to look forward to for existing single faction folks. 

15 minutes ago, idiewell said:

Indeed, this is my concern as well. Which is why cross-faction ships is such a no-brainer in my book.

Not all ships should be c-f but there are certainly examples that stand out - the Acclamator & Venator for the Empire for example.

And the Arquitens will definitely have to be c-f. Likely the VSD too. But in reverse.

I think fighters is the place where things should stay mono-faction. There are plenty of fighters to go round. 

This will keep players who stick to primarily a single original faction happy.  And FFG gets to sell lots of expansions to Rebel/Imp players. Everyone wins. 

Honestly the hold up for Armada getting a clone wars announcement may have been addressing some of these concerns people are mentioning.  They did say during the Q&A that the Republic and Separatists will be new factions which implies to me they will be standalone, I would not be  shocked to see some upgrades that run across all 4 factions(the same way we currently have them across 2), but not sure about cross faction ships.  I’m more interested to see just how much stuff they may have prepared to release in this first year for clone wars.  For the new factions to be viable they will need a pretty quick influx of materials so fingers crossed 2020 may be the biggest release window of armada ever, but most likely at least as big as its first year...as a fan of the game I couldn’t be happier!

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Happy for those that want clone wars but is the game state for ot players going forward?  

Another ship for both Rebels and Empire before the end of the year. Then there will probably more focus on Clone wars until they are caught up.

Someone asked the same question about Legion and the answer was basically 80% Clone Wars to 20% Civil War until they are at parity. It's necessary when introducing new factions for any game to focus on them for a while. I'm sure this will happen when Sequel trilogy gets their time.

Two bits of good new about this. First, card packs will eventually be a thing, allowing people to be able to focus on a single faction and still have all the cards. Second, we're basically used to large stretches of time without new product so how much worse can it get? At least we'll be getting something.

Edited by Quadro28

17 minutes ago, Quadro28 said:

Another ship for both Rebels and Empire before the end of the year. Then there will probably more focus on Clone wars until they are caught up.

Someone asked the same question about Legion and the answer was basically 80% Clone Wars to 20% Civil War until they are at parity. It's necessary when introducing new factions for any game to focus on them for a while. I'm sure this will happen when Sequel trilogy gets their time.

Two bits of good new about this. First, card packs will eventually be a thing, allowing people to be able to focus on a single faction and still have all the cards. Second, we're basically used to large stretches of time without new product so how much worse can it get? At least we'll be getting something.

Basically the same as it was with X-Wing, when Scum came out.
They slowed down the rebel and imperials until scum was at equal numbers.

1 minute ago, clontroper5 said:

Munificuent frigates and a few tecno union ships would,

Really I thought Munificuent frigates where  bigger like the size of a victory.