Alzer

WE"RE GETTING CLONE WARS!

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

Cannot wait for the Clone Wars.

The richness of design in both factions is going to be incredible.

Plus if they scale Clone Wars to the existing factions then expansions are actually going to be CHEAPER.

The ships of the era, except for a few exceptions, tend to be smaller. I don’t expect the Venator to be a large base ship for instance.

Yeah, no way in ****. If anything, it's going to be more expensive. 

Posted (edited)

I’m probably not going to get these, but I’m happy Armada is getting new releases and that the CW crowd will be excited.

Edit: Unless they release a lucre hulk that the rebels can use, that would be awesome.

actually - I assume the ships will be scaleable for tournament purposes so I guess in casual play it would be perfectly ok to use it.

Edited by Kani Kantai

11 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

I hope they are sensible and make CW releases cross faction so current players don’t get left out.

One of the Chicago locals was at the panel and asked, apparently it'll be primarily mono-faction? But a little too soon to say.

24 minutes ago, Alzer said:

One of the Chicago locals was at the panel and asked, apparently it'll be primarily mono-faction? But a little too soon to say.

I am fine with that as long as we get an imperial Venator!

31 minutes ago, Alzer said:

That seems very short sighted if that were to be the case. If a Venator expansion pack has cards for an imperial version for example, thats going to be a heap load of extra sales. I’d certainly get a couple. 

It would seem barking mad not to do it. 

Banking on reb/imp players to buy a whole new core set doesn’t seem like a smart move. I won’t be. 

3 hours ago, Forresto said:

Cannot wait for the Clone Wars.

The richness of design in both factions is going to be incredible.

Plus if they scale Clone Wars to the existing factions then expansions are actually going to be CHEAPER.

The ships of the era, except for a few exceptions, tend to be smaller. I don’t expect the Venator to be a large base ship for instance.

Venator is 1200 meters, mc80s are 1200 meters.  I am almost certain the venator will be large.

19 minutes ago, Rune Taq said:

mc80s are 1200 meters

The Encyclopedia of Starfighters and other Vehicles would disagree. It lists the Home One as 1300m and the Venator as 1137m. And with the Interdictor, a medium base ship, being 1129m long there is a realistic possibility that the Venator which is only 8 meters longer could be a medium ship. Though I too hope it will be a large base ship because the Republic has nothing larger than the Venator and a whole faction without any large ships would be kind of sad.

(As reference the current smallest large base ship is the MC75 with 1204m)

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The only thing stopping you from playing a rebel fleet with a Providence, MC75, Raider, and Acclamator together, are the Tournament rules. Casual play you can do whatever you want. You can do dual faction all you want when the republic stuff releases in casual play. Such as Campaigns, where things can be agreed upon.

23 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The only thing stopping you from playing a rebel fleet with a Providence, MC75, Raider, and Acclamator together, are the Tournament rules. Casual play you can do whatever you want. You can do dual faction all you want when the republic stuff releases in casual play. Such as Campaigns, where things can be agreed upon.

That, and a lot of the listbuilders. And the way FFG does balance testing for this game.