Sign in to follow this  
Alzer

All Fighters Follow Me Podcast thread

Posted (edited)

Hey folks!

We've just launched a new podcast: All Fighters Follow Me from up here in the FFG/Twin Cities meta.

This will be generally styled as a talkshow-esque series where we have lots of guests (largely locals) on to talk about their specialties, what they're excited for, and how they like to play the game.  Hoping to keep each show in the 20-40 minute range.

I would love to hear any feedback or questions you have!

AFFM #1

Edited by Alzer

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Audio Weasel said:

I ended up pulling the address for the RSS feed from the website

And you did this and downloaded the episodes via Overcast? If so, how?

***** Nevermind. Figured it out. Thanks!!!

Edited by drail14me

On 4/25/2019 at 5:34 PM, Alzer said:

I'll see what I can do

Let me know when you do.  I really am looking for a good Armada Podcast and the only one I have found just has too much language for me.  All others seemed to have died.

14 hours ago, Hrathen said:

Let me know when you do.  I really am looking for a good Armada Podcast and the only one I have found just has too much language for me.  All others seemed to have died.

Armchair Admirals is still up and around as well. They're releasing some solid new stuff.

1 hour ago, JauntyChapeau said:

I'm not seeing it yet.  All that "All Fighters Follow Me" pulls up in iTunes is the crossover with Armchair Admirals.

When did it post? We've joined on with the Armchair Admirals for hosting so that would probably be it.

Good discussion on the Interdictor. It’s a ship I really want to be good. Wish it were a little cheaper in base cost. Also wish Disney had gone with the Legends look with a more traditional Star Destroyer type bridge tower. Hopefully Mel’s will release a Legends model. 

6 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

@drail14me... How many points cheaper, and what would you truly buy with the savings?

I’m not sure but I’d like it if it were more in line with the Victory cost. As to where to spend the savings, that would be list dependent but having an extra 10-15 points to spend would be nice. 

Just now, drail14me said:

I’m not sure but I’d like it if it were more in line with the Victory cost. As to where to spend the savings, that would be list dependent but having an extra 10-15 points to spend would be nice. 

I mean, this is where my discussion usually ends up - what that 10-15 points would get you, and why is that make or break to winning games?

Being that you're typically moving to exploit the heck out of your objectives, you're not bidding, so you're picking up points there as well that most people consider essential...

I don't know.  I have a love affair with the Interdictor as it stands, and I'm the only player I know who not only routinelyuses two, but built a list concept around it.

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

I mean, this is where my discussion usually ends up - what that 10-15 points would get you, and why is that make or break to winning games?

Being that you're typically moving to exploit the heck out of your objectives, you're not bidding, so you're picking up points there as well that most people consider essential...

I don't know.  I have a love affair with the Interdictor as it stands, and I'm the only player I know who not only routinelyuses two, but built a list concept around it.

The 10-15 points isn't a make or break to winning games. It's just a point reduction that I'd like to see. The Interdictor is the most expensive Medium base ship but I don't think it lives up to that cost. That's just my opinion. I've never played against it and don't see it on the table a whole bunch. I'd like to see it more. What would get it on the table more? Lower cost or better upgrades probably.

I love the ship. It's one of my favorites in the Imperial fleet but I don't think Disney and FFG totally got it right thematically.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, drail14me said:

The 10-15 points isn't a make or break to winning games. It's just a point reduction that I'd like to see. The Interdictor is the most expensive Medium base ship but I don't think it lives up to that cost. That's just my opinion. I've never played against it and don't see it on the table a whole bunch. I'd like to see it more. What would get it on the table more? Lower cost or better upgrades probably.

I love the ship. It's one of my favorites in the Imperial fleet but I don't think Disney and FFG totally got it right thematically.

Totally disagree. :D

Thematically?  In the "New Canon"?  - Its an Over engineered and thoroughly inefficient Testbed for Technologies that are Obscure at best, that only one Fleet Commander was able to really exploit to its best, and even then, it was undone with a single manever.

Absolutely got it right Thematically in that regard :D

The thing is, as it is now, it does things that no other ship can or will do...  And if that's not enough for you to do, then almost no amount of points reduction is going to convince you otherwise.  It certainly doesn't help that the things it does aren't necessarily Tangibles...  I mean, a killy ship is going to tangibly provide you points by killing things....  The various maneuver-messing things with the Interdictor never seem to have a tangible benefit - only an elusive one...  But exploited fully, it can and will win you games...  Just not in the most straightforward manner.

Edited by Drasnighta

13 hours ago, drail14me said:

Good discussion on the Interdictor. It’s a ship I really want to be good. Wish it were a little cheaper in base cost. Also wish Disney had gone with the Legends look with a more traditional Star Destroyer type bridge tower. Hopefully Mel’s will release a Legends model. 

Thanks!

In all honesty, I really disliked the old "lumpy ISD" version, the newcanon Interdictor looks awesome as far as I'm concerned, half the reason I use it is it looks super sweet.

Also in retrospect I completely forgot to talk about Interdictor objectives! That's half the reason to take the ship. Dangit...