Jump to content
Revanxv

Wave 5 announcement

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ikka said:

I explained my reasoning. Three ships, all filling the same/similar roles, I think that the one with the oldest expansion/was in the older canon show, will get the boot.

The MGT has the older expansion (by second edition standards), since the Headhunter *just* came out.

 

1 hour ago, Ambigatos said:

Agreed. But I didn't realize people thought that. It would still be cool to add a Black Sun pilot if they are gonna' use the paint scheme though. I think literally all of the released pilots are explicity anti-Black Sun haha.

Like the Khiraxz, for example, has both Black Sun Aces and Cartel Marauders that can pretty much cover everything.

 

Yeah, when I saw the paint scheme, that was my thought.  As well as, "N'dru's card could be considered a modified version of the new paint scheme if you squint, but nobody in the M3-A flies anything even remotely like this."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lickintoad said:

I want the Phantom to be included with the Ghost.  I don’t like the look of the Sheathipede.

Crabbok's picture of the Wave 5 Ghost on display at Celebration. Maybe it comes with the piece to put the Phantom 1 in the back but they couldn't get the wings to work so they just give you this and later on you can get the Phantom 1 separately as a ship?

D4DyBnmX4AEGfTa.jpg:large

Edited by Animewarsdude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

The MGT has the older expansion (by second edition standards), since the Headhunter *just* came out.

Yes, but the MGT was in the newer canon show (Rebels) which is why I said oldest expansion (compared to the Scyk)/oldest show (compared to the MGT).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Readings/thoughts:

Republic Y-Wing:

Anakin and Oddball with the same, sub-par abilities...

Matchstick doing somethin’...

Snap Shot: same as 1.0, but range 2 only...love it! Snap Juke As HELLO

Thematic Chassis Design

Lovin’ 3PO and Ahsoka gunners/crew?

New force power that looks a lot like AdSen to me

 

Nantex:

OHMYGODOHMYGODIHMYGOD

So ship ability and EPT are dope. A Nantex can move, rotate arc, “boost/broll,” focus, tractor someone into their bullseye, and Sun Fac can do that at I6!!! And then rolls an extra attack die!! And the I4 would get retools!! I don’t fly CIS but I LOVE that ship: It’ll be priced high, at LEAST 30 base I expect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

Can anybody make out what the text is on Snap Shot?

Essentially same as 1e. 2 attack, now range 2 instead, ordnance. If an enemy ship ends its maneuver in your arc, you may perform this attack as a bonus attack.

It'll be interesting to see if there's a missile/torpedo icon on there to allow Rhymer to manipulate it's range, or if it will just have the ordnance icon to prevent any ability stacking from primary weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ambigatos said:

That was the best MMO ever in my opinion. I remember when people dropped like flies to go to WOW and I couldn't believe it. I thought that game sucked in comparison.

Pre-CU/NGE were the days! I remember when a rare Jedi was spotted in a port and people stood in awe lol.

Well. I stand humbled. I'm glad to meet another of our kind. I miss the days I played there... I was on Bloodfin and eventually Scylla. You?

2 hours ago, Ambigatos said:

Agreed. But I didn't realize people thought that. It would still be cool to add a Black Sun pilot if they are gonna' use the paint scheme though. I think literally all of the released pilots are explicity anti-Black Sun haha.

Like the Khiraxz, for example, has both Black Sun Aces and Cartel Marauders that can pretty much cover everything.

Well honestly, you can run any scum pilot with one another. It's much more about faction identity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well here are my thoughts on the spoilers.

  • I remember seeing this one in the classic battlefront games. At first I thought bullseye only arc? Then I saw it has a turret so closer to the HWK set up.
  • Clone Wars Y-wing (the smooth one so the animators won't have to render some many CGI polygons). It has an armor effect but basically a Y-wing with an ability. I expect it to cost more than Rebel/Scum Y-wings.
  • Ghost Expansion pack, Well they sort of messed up on the turret in the Rebel Conversion kit. Odd choice that they went with the Sheatahpede instead of the original attack shuttle.
  • The TAP, well sort of like Imperial A-wings, I didn't get more than 1 in 1st edition so I plan on picking this one up as well.
  • Punishing The Silly Dodgers Ones. Yeah when this came out torpedoes no longer were a point sink, players were buying these off the shelves, and Imperial Players stopped complaining about the Rebel faction. I only got one not 3 (despite being called a jumpmaster noob by all the laser brained nerf herders on the forums and the subreddit). Even more reason why people who judge a game solely on its competitive meta are the most narrow minded people that suck all the fun out of play. Granted it is not bringing anything new so I doubt it will cause all the backlash that it did in first edition, but just to have a little fun... OMG SKY IS FALLING WITH DEATH STAR SUPERLASERS :P
  • Another Scyk, granted without the point reduction (as if scum needed another cheap ship) I don't see it becoming any good. It is too fragile for torps, no missiles work and as for the cannon, well HLC in 2nd edition is not the same as it was in 1st edition. That bullseye arc is becoming like 1st edition torpedoes. Neat paint job though.

Well that is my take. No Huge ships but to be honest I don't exactly expect Huge ships to be part of a wave release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NakedDex said:

Essentially same as 1e. 2 attack, now range 2 instead, ordnance. If an enemy ship ends its maneuver in your arc, you may perform this attack as a bonus attack.

It'll be interesting to see if there's a missile/torpedo icon on there to allow Rhymer to manipulate it's range, or if it will just have the ordnance icon to prevent any ability stacking from primary weapons.

Rhymer only works with a [Missile] or [Torpedo] attack, while this is a [Talent].  It's really odd that it has the ordinance icon when it's only available in the one range with no range bonuses, but perhaps if there was a Grand Inquisitor effect with a talent slot in the future...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

Well here are my thoughts on the spoilers.

  • The TAP, well sort of like Imperial A-wings, I didn't get more than 1 in 1st edition so I plan on picking this one up as well.

I've been playing the TAP a lot lately. With the new force pilots, it's super fun. I bought five of them at launch back in 1e to run a swarm, but that never happened because they turned out to be so incredibly fragile in that meta. Lately, I've been playing them in 4x TAP swarms and 3x TAP + something compositions, and having an absolute blast. Punching above their weight, too.

37 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

Rhymer only works with a [Missile] or [Torpedo] attack, while this is a [Talent].  It's really odd that it has the ordinance icon when it's only available in the one range with no range bonuses, but perhaps if there was a Grand Inquisitor effect with a talent slot in the future...

Yeah, that's why I was saying I wonder if there's a missile or torpedo icon somewhere on the card (similar to the configuration/modification double slot cards). I doubt there is, but it would be nice if Rhymer had that ability back. It would also make that ordnance icon relevant, since he could push the range band to three for an attack that doesn't give the extra green die. Similarly, he could pull the range band to one and not get the extra red. 

Beyond that, I'm sure the purpose of the ordnance icon is just to prevent anyone from stacking primary weapon ability mods onto the attack, since the 1e version specifically said it was a secondary weapon attack to prevent same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

I've been playing the TAP a lot lately. With the new force pilots, it's super fun. I bought five of them at launch back in 1e to run a swarm, but that never happened because they turned out to be so incredibly fragile in that meta. Lately, I've been playing them in 4x TAP swarms and 3x TAP + something compositions, and having an absolute blast. Punching above their weight, too.

Yeah, that's why I was saying I wonder if there's a missile or torpedo icon somewhere on the card (similar to the configuration/modification double slot cards). I doubt there is, but it would be nice if Rhymer had that ability back. It would also make that ordnance icon relevant, since he could push the range band to three for an attack that doesn't give the extra green die. Similarly, he could pull the range band to one and not get the extra red. 

Beyond that, I'm sure the purpose of the ordnance icon is just to prevent anyone from stacking primary weapon ability mods onto the attack, since the 1e version specifically said it was a secondary weapon attack to prevent same. 

Snap Shot is the top card in the Y-wing spread.  You can see no missile or torpedo slot icon.

And everything from an upgrade card is explicitly not a primary attack in 2e, so primary weapon stuff shouldn't work with it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should be clear; I'm not saying it is/would/should be a double slot card (that would prevent a slew of ships from taking it), just that it could have had one of the icons in the text since there's an ordnance marker on it. It wouldn't be the first time the text on the spread had omissions compared to shipped product. Like I said, I don't expect it, but it would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Well. I stand humbled. I'm glad to meet another of our kind. I miss the days I played there... I was on Bloodfin and eventually Scylla. You?

 

Same here. Cheers! **** I can't remember the server name at the moment. I want to say it started with a T. I don't think it was one of the bigger ones like Bloodfin. I had a Master Swordsman Haha. I remember you could save imperial credits and buy at-st's to walk around with. And the spaceport where all the Doctors would be giving buffs 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

Crabbok's picture of the Wave 5 Ghost on display at Celebration. Maybe it comes with the piece to put the Phantom 1 in the back but they couldn't get the wings to work so they just give you this and later on you can get the Phantom 1 separately as a ship?

D4DyBnmX4AEGfTa.jpg:large

Yeah.  I saw Crabbok’s video this morning.  That’s why I was kind of confused.  I saw the Phantom II, and I thought, “Cool.  They’re giving us both shuttles this time.”  But the announcement made no mention of the Phantom, even if it does come docked there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lickintoad said:

Yeah.  I saw Crabbok’s video this morning.  That’s why I was kind of confused.  I saw the Phantom II, and I thought, “Cool.  They’re giving us both shuttles this time.”  But the announcement made no mention of the Phantom, even if it does come docked there.

I can only guess they didn't want to include the docked mini part of the Phantom 1 in the Phantom 1 standalone expansion since it wouldn't really do anything other then slot into the Ghost so they just included it in this expansion too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anakin Y-Wing is interesting. I6 Proton Torp fully modded is spooky. There's what looks like a new force power in the spread, but we can't see enough of it to know exactly what it does.

The Nantex is too weird to have nuanced opinions without playing it.

The /v1 will probably get use out of Passive Sensors, which means we're looking at a different ship than the one that currently exists. By the time wave 5 drops, the generic will be a ship throwing double modded missiles despite I3...  good? Better, at least?

The Syck and Jumpmaster might be Scum's two least popular ships in Extended. Maybe points will save them in July.

I don't know about the VCX but I don't think I want Hera to ever be good. Nobody uses the sheath in extended other than AP-5, not even to lose with, so who knows about the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, svelok said:

The /v1 will probably get use out of Passive Sensors, which means we're looking at a different ship than the one that currently exists. By the time wave 5 drops, the generic will be a ship throwing double modded missiles despite I3...  good? Better, at least?

The SNR missile generic is seeing some play atm and doing Ok. I can definitely imagine Passive Sensors making it good. Boost/roll-focus-blue move-lock is gonna be a fun sequence.

Passive Sensors is still one of the upgrades I'm most hyped for atm. Echo will enjoy it very much, I think.

Edited by Cuz05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been wanting to get ahold of the Ghost for a little while to make a Rebel's list with it, and this is probably going to be my best chance.  But is it worth it considering the cost - or should I be waiting for what wave 6 brings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, infyrana said:

I've been wanting to get ahold of the Ghost for a little while to make a Rebel's list with it, and this is probably going to be my best chance.  But is it worth it considering the cost - or should I be waiting for what wave 6 brings?

Well, wave 6 isn’t going to make the Ghost cheaper. If you really want a Rebels themed list (as in the show, not the faction), you’re going to want to pick it up.

If you meant just the faction, the Falcon in wave 4 will do a much better job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NakedDex said:

Wait, what does passive sensors do? I've missed this?

Must be your normal one activation phase action. At start of engagement, perform a lock or calculate action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, svelok said:

Must be your normal one activation phase action. At start of engagement, perform a lock or calculate action.

Hmm. I missed this as well- what expansion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

So activation phase move and action as normal, then start of engagement you get a free TL action? Seems decent.

Yeah, good for low init ships that want to lock things. It's a Sensor slot.

10 minutes ago, Ikka said:

Hmm. I missed this as well- what expansion?

It's the Hyena for sure and probably other things too idk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...