Revanxv

Wave 5 announcement

38 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

@Cloaker, I respectfully disagree about the J5k and M3. 

I think they'll open up some amazing new meta options for Scum.

Once the jumps get gunner slot and mebbe Outlaw Tech 2.0, and the Scyks drop 2 points, your enthusiasm might be just be well founded 😉

15 minutes ago, svelok said:

This card I made five months ago is relevant again...

m4l6vQq.png

Too bad Dengar doesn’t have a front arc to use that ability.

32 minutes ago, svelok said:

This card I made five months ago is relevant again...

m4l6vQq.png

I HATED playing against Dengar pilots in 1.0, but this is freaking hillarious. Well done. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ryfterek said:

Z has literally just been re-released for the Scum, tho...

True, but now we have three scum ships that fill the roughly the same slot for Scum- the Scyk, Mining Guild TIE, and Z-95. Out of the three, the Headhunter is A) Not a newer canon ship like the MGT and B) Released earlier than the Scyk. I don't think that FFG will keep three swarm-style ships on the Scum roster, and out of the three I believe the Headhunter is more likely to get the boot. Just my thoughts though.

I also think that the Interceptor is more likely to leave than the Striker for Imperial fleets, as there will be three fast, agile interceptor/arc-dodger types there- mainly because the Interceptor doesn't have a 2.0 expansion yet.

I'm basing this off of the fact that I don't believe FFG will continually keep adding ships in Hyperspace without removing some. They have said that they will add/remove ships/upgrades, and the next update would be a good place to begin that process. Having a rotating set of 4-6 ships per faction for Hyperspace seems like it will be a decent way to keep the meta new and fresh, and I can see FFG preferring to replace ships with similar flying styles with whatever is the newest expansion to keep profitability flowing.

Edited by Ikka

7 minutes ago, Punning Pundit said:

The Z-95 was in at least 1 episode of Clone Wars, making it canon. :)

True, but the Mining Guild TIE was in Rebels, making it literally "newer" in the popular culture sense, ie- more visible to the general public.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Punning Pundit said:

The Z-95 was in at least 1 episode of Clone Wars, making it canon. :)

The Clone Z-95 was featured in multiple episodes of The Clone Wars.

The Z-95 is featured in Star Wars... well, i don't remember name of the game but it is part of current canon. So the "old" Headhunter is canon as well.

EDIT Looks like the "AF4" is not explicitly canonized but figure that's just matter of time.

Edited by Woorloog

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ambigatos said:

I quite like the paintjob. I don't think anyone has suggested that the ships couldn't have been used by Black Sun. There's just some irony in seeing that the pack was released with a Black  Sun scheme and no Black Sun pilots, but rather their enemies lol. Not a big deal, just slightly humorous is all.

It seems a little contradictory to de-legitimize Tansarii point, but then go on to tell us about the proper lore of the ship. Especially considering they came out together for Star Wars Galaxies. If Tansarii is illegitimate because you came before it, then by all means the ship in general should be too 😆

Tansarii Point came with the NGE. Do you know what that is? And well after the CU. Do  you know what that is?

However, the Scyk came with JTL. Do you know what that is?

If you know all three of these things, cvery cool. GOod. Then you know why I find people ascribing the Scyk to an Anti-Black-Sun role absolutely stupid. BECAUSE THE BLACK SUN USED IT. THEY USED ALL THE PRIVATELY ALIGNED SHIPS.

Tansarii Point just had Scyks! It also had Z-95s! Maybe when a Star Wars Galaxies veteran who felt the game crumble beneath them and lost everything and all their friends after SOE did the **** NGE says something, you ought to consider it valid..! Just maybe.

They did not come out, "Together". Tansarii doesn't delegitimize the proper use.

But they were NOT Tansarii-exclusive or anti-black-sun for god's sake.

45 minutes ago, Ikka said:

out of the three I believe the Headhunter is more likely to get the boot. Just my thoughts though.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6nqt72uPH4I_mHd54n

What are you smoking? No offense. The Z-95 is the galaxy's most ubiquitous Starfighter. It is the standard by which all others are measured.

Edited by Captain Lackwit

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

What are you smoking? No offense. The Z-95 is the galaxy's most ubiquitous Starfighter. It is the standard by which all others are measured.

I explained my reasoning. Three ships, all filling the same/similar roles, I think that the one with the oldest expansion/was in the older canon show, will get the boot.

Edited by Ikka

2 minutes ago, Ikka said:

I explained my reasoning. Three ships, all filling the same/similar roles, I think that the one with the oldest expansion/was in the older canon show, will get the boot.

It JUST got a new paintjob for god's sake.

1 minute ago, Captain Lackwit said:

It JUST got a new paintjob for god's sake.

And...?

The Z-95 adds nothing that the MGT or Scyk can't do- and they both have options/abilities that the Headhunter doesn't. Scum doesn't need three swarm ships, and out of the three the Headhunter is arguably the least useful; it can't ignore rocks like the MGT, it can't take secondary weapons like the Scyk. All it has going for it is the double shields, but that isn't enough in my mind to make it more likely to stay. I like the Z-95, I have 5 that I've painted up in my own style, but I just don't see any reason for it to stick around in Hyperspace.

3 minutes ago, Ikka said:

And...?

The Z-95 adds nothing that the MGT or Scyk can't do- and they both have options/abilities that the Headhunter doesn't. Scum doesn't need three swarm ships, and out of the three the Headhunter is arguably the least useful; it can't ignore rocks like the MGT, it can't take secondary weapons like the Scyk. All it has going for it is the double shields, but that isn't enough in my mind to make it more likely to stay. I like the Z-95, I have 5 that I've painted up in my own style, but I just don't see any reason for it to stick around in Hyperspace.

So you think they're just gonna' cut off profits?

1 minute ago, Captain Lackwit said:

So you think they're just gonna' cut off profits? 

No, the Z-95 would still be available, but it would already have had 6 months of being featured in the Hyperspace meta. Giving its slot to the Scyk makes sense as the Scyk can get that same amount of exposure (for newer players who don't have the ship) to increase sales. Compared to the MGT, both the Scyk and Headhunter need something to get veteran players (who most likely have the older ships from 1.0) and new players (who may not know the ships canonically) a reason to purchase them, . So the Headhunter gets rotated back to Extended only, while the Scyk moves into Hyperspace legality.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Ikka said:

And...?

Honest comparison: 

Z-95 vs MGT and Scyk: 

Z-95; missiles, 4hp (2 are shields), Illicits, blue 1 straight, white 1 banks, 3 hards, 2 agility, 4 k-turn, lock.

MGT; Ship ability, red 5 straight, 1 hards, 3 hards, 3 agility, evade. Only 1 is really seeing play (Seevor).

Scyk; Wide choice of secondary weapons, 3 agility, 1 hards, blue 1 banks, white 5 straight, 5 k-turn, 4 hp (1 is shield), has evade and lock.  Pilot options up the wazoo, one of whim is I5.

In my opinion the swarm ship that has been in rotation the longest is the most likely to be replaced. The Z-95 fills the cheap filler and swarm option better than the Scyk while the Scyk brings allot more options to the table pilot and load out wise making more of a jack of all trades. Another consideration is that all 3 might end up in and YT-1300/escape craft might be rotated out for the Jumpmaster and Scyk instead. The Scyk can, with the proper talent, fill the role that the escape craft is and Jumpmaster can work in place of the YT-1300 to an extent. Remember, in addition to being intended as an easier entry for new players into X-Wing, Hyperspace is also being used to mess with squad building by rotating in less used options.

Edited by Hiemfire

6 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Another consideration is that all 3 might end up in and YT-1300/escape craft might be rotated out for the Jumpmaster and Scyk instead.

That is an interesting thought...

11 minutes ago, Ikka said:

That is an interesting thought...

Another thing to consider: The cannons that Scyk's have access to emulate (though not perfectly replicate) the pilot abilities of the 3 higher initiative named MGT pilots (Seevor; Jamming Beam, Proach; Tractor Beam, Ahhav; HLC) to an extent and will be able to be brought to bear at the same or higher initiative in comparison. If a swarm/filler ship is decided to be removed, that'll likely factor in.

4 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Another thing to consider: The cannons that Scyk's have access to emulate (though not perfectly replicate) the pilot abilities of the 3 higher initiative named MGT pilots (Seevor; Jamming Beam, Proach; Tractor Beam, Ahhav; HLC) to an extent and will be able to be brought to bear at the same or higher initiative in comparison. If a swarm/filler ship is decided to be removed, that'll likely factor in.

Definitely could be.

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Tansarii Point came with the NGE. Do you know what that is? And well after the CU. Do  you know what that is?

However, the Scyk came with JTL. Do you know what that is?

If you know all three of these things, cvery cool. GOod. Then you know why I find people ascribing the Scyk to an Anti-Black-Sun role absolutely stupid. BECAUSE THE BLACK SUN USED IT. THEY USED ALL THE PRIVATELY ALIGNED SHIPS.

Tansarii Point just had Scyks! It also had Z-95s! Maybe when a Star Wars Galaxies veteran who felt the game crumble beneath them and lost everything and all their friends after SOE did the **** NGE says something, you ought to consider it valid..! Just maybe.

That was the best MMO ever in my opinion. I remember when people dropped like flies to go to WOW and I couldn't believe it. I thought that game sucked in comparison.

Pre-CU/NGE were the days! I remember when a rare Jedi was spotted in a port and people stood in awe lol.

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

But they were NOT Tansarii-exclusive or anti-black-sun for god's sake.

Agreed. But I didn't realize people thought that. It would still be cool to add a Black Sun pilot if they are gonna' use the paint scheme though. I think literally all of the released pilots are explicity anti-Black Sun haha.

Like the Khiraxz, for example, has both Black Sun Aces and Cartel Marauders that can pretty much cover everything.

14 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Luckily a picture is worth a thousand words. 

Looks like well be seeing a lot of Black Sun livery for repaints.

I really hope the Defender comes with yellow prototype stripes.

The Empire could used some repaint love, too.

The white prototype from Rebels would be sick, as well.