Revanxv

Wave 5 announcement

4 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

Could the "deflection" upgrade be Nantex-exclusive modification? Something that works of tractor beam systems?

That would make sense. Might monkey with ordinance attacks if it has a tractor token.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

No new Imperial TIEs?

Hard meh.

It will probably be awhile before we get any "new" ships released with all the old stuff that needs to be relaunched.

The /v1 getting re-released is a great thing in my opinion. Its actually making me more interested in Hyperspace, as I only really have fun in Extended these days. I usually fly /x1's, /v1's, and the VT-49, which will all be back out soon'ish. Just need the Lambda-class back and I'll be happy. Although you can kinda-sorta make a Reaper pull that duty, they really are totally different ships meant for different play-styles.

Edited by kris40k

1 minute ago, Tam Palso said:

BTL-B looks an absolute tank. Can’t turn for toffee which might hamper it a bit as a bomber. Looks solid though, I’m cautiously optimistic. Couple of these and a couple of Arc-170s would be quite a bit to chew through.

You'll see R4 Astro practically stapled to it in almost every instance.

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2019 at 12:19 PM, Innese said:

You'll see R4 Astro practically stapled to it in almost every instance.

Doesn’t come with astros, might not have the asto slot 

Edit: Actually comes with "Chopper" C1-10P

Edited by Sir13scott

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sir13scott said:

Doesn’t come with astros, might not have the asto slot 

One card looks like astromech.

And the ship has astromech socket just like the BTL-A4, so it most certainly will take astromech upgrades.

EDIT Or at least i really, really hope it does.

Edited by Woorloog

3 minutes ago, Sir13scott said:

Dengar gunner in JM5K pack, maybe it’s getting a gunner slot?

Doubt it. Because that would actually make sense, and as we can infer from Afterburners being packaged with Fang Fighters, it's a dangerous assumption. 

45 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Scyk, Dunelizard, Kimogila, Krayt and Starviper are the best Mandalorian ships in my opinion (paint scheme's, which some use as the basis for their distaste, are a personal choice, paint them neon pink. It doesn't change anything about the ships). I despise Fangs...

I like fangs, but the old ones do have far more personality, yes.

5 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

One card looks like astromech.

And the ship has astromech socket just like the BTL-A4, so it most certainly will take astromech upgrades.

EDIT Or at least i really, really hope it does.

Yup looks like a 2 charge Astro to me. Looks quite a techy ships, jamming tokens, Jedi pilots, weapon disabled tokens and some weird looking launched device? 

Quite interesting.

Jumpmaster also has 0-0-0 and Lattz Razzi in the spread. 3 unknown upgrades (4 upgrades not shown, face down title, so Punishing One, on top of the short stack in the top right of the spread, all 12 upgrades are stated to be reprints) so BT-1 might also be in there. Interesting. :) 

1 hour ago, Cloaker said:

Looks like Scum will still continue to struggle in Hyperspace. 

Jumpmaster is unplayable competitively obviously already given its dearth of showings in events. Faction already has cheap filler in the Z95 and MG TIE. Nothing that is in Wave 5 is going to increase their viability in Hyperspace. 

IG Aggressors should probably have come out here. Utility dogfighter role missing in the kihraxz. Dirty trick Quadjumpers. A Jabba carrier in the yv-666. 

Scum is defined by two things: Bounty Hunters and illicits. Illicits vs. Tech or sensors or force or talents etc offer nothing currently for the faction. With the jumpmaster neutered out of viability and the scyk offering more of the same, scum continue to offer the least of the 7 factions. 

Maybe wave 6 they will get it right, but that wave will be resistance and FO heavy, and they got two ships here in this wave. So, wave 7. 

2020. Jeez. 

I do agree that Scum aren't blazing new paths in Hyperspace, but I disagree with the fixation on illicits. Why do illicits have to compete with the other slots when Scum have access to all of them except for Tactical Relay?

We're due in for a points change and potential slot shuffle half way through the year.

1 hour ago, CardinalJester said:

I give you your new Rebel All-Stars:  the Green Squardon RZ-1 with Snap Shot and Juke!

Oh boy, a new old Ledge that a certain pirate lord needs to be talked down from.

1 minute ago, Octarine-08 said:

I do agree that Scum aren't blazing new paths in Hyperspace, but I disagree with the fixation on illicits. Why do illicits have to compete with the other slots when Scum have access to all of them except for Tactical Relay?

We're due in for a points change and potential slot shuffle half way through the year.

Oh boy, a new old Ledge that a certain pirate lord needs to be talked down from.

Illicits are to Scum as Force is to Force Users. Cool options others don't have. I like illicits because they FEEL uniquely faction defining overall. I'd like a good 6 to 8 to choose from in HS, honestly. (And Contraband Cybernetics cost vs. Leia crew is reprehensible, FWIW.)

33 minutes ago, takfar said:

Aw. It looks like TAP's wingies don't fold. Teh disappointz. 

I'm glad. I'd hate to have to buy 4 more just to have folding wings, and end up with of them, because that's exactly what I'd do.

29 minutes ago, Tam Palso said:

BTL-B looks an absolute tank. Can’t turn for toffee which might hamper it a bit as a bomber. Looks solid though, I’m cautiously optimistic. Couple of these and a couple of Arc-170s would be quite a bit to chew through.

Line up the strafing run at the start of the game.

Keep going until you reach the other end of the board.

Jump to hyperspace/flee.

Bombing run complete.

Leave those fancy flyboys to their dogfight. You're a Y-wing. You do what you want (as long as what you want is not to turn around).

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

That's what's hilarious to me. Tansarii Point will never feel legitimate to me, because I came before all that.

But yeah, the Scyk was basically a freelance TIE fighter. This forum has NO god **** clue what they were used for and it shows every single time these Hutt fighters come up.

I quite like the paintjob. I don't think anyone has suggested that the ships couldn't have been used by Black Sun. There's just some irony in seeing that the pack was released with a Black  Sun scheme and no Black Sun pilots, but rather their enemies lol. Not a big deal, just slightly humorous is all.

It seems a little contradictory to de-legitimize Tansarii point, but then go on to tell us about the proper lore of the ship. Especially considering they came out together for Star Wars Galaxies. If Tansarii is illegitimate because you came before it, then by all means the ship in general should be too 😆

Although I’m cautious because of the Fang Fighter expansion, I do hope that Dengar gunner means the JM5K gets a gunner and afterburners means the TAP gets a mod slot. Those things live and die by their greens and a hull upgrade would be well worth the points 

2 minutes ago, Sir13scott said:

Although I’m cautious because of the Fang Fighter expansion, I do hope that Dengar gunner means the JM5K gets a gunner and afterburners means the TAP gets a mod slot. Those things live and die by their greens and a hull upgrade would be well worth the points 

I'd assume the TAP is just a way of providing extra ABs for the Empire, and that their quickbuilds use it. I doubt the ship gets a mod slot. Admittedly this isn't based on anything, but Fangs didn't get a mod slot in the point adjustment. (I do like that the TAPs [or Fangs for that matter, though i don't play Scum] don't have mod slots, it is a quirk that sets it somewhat apart from other TIEs that are similar for most part otherwise.)

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Ambigatos said:

It seems a little contradictory to de-legitimize Tansarii point, but then go on to tell us about the proper lore of the ship. Especially considering they came out together for Star Wars Galaxies. If Tansarii is illegitimate because you came before it, then by all means the ship in general should be too 😆

The Tansarii Point Station starting area was added as a relevant part of an update that was extremely controversial and usually blamed for the decline of the game (there were no more expansions after that point, for one example). My feelings about that whole situation are still complicated, but I'm guessing that's why someone might consider that part of the game distinct, even if it all might just look like one blob of the Expanded Universe's past at this point.

The point about the pilots is definitely funny. Perhaps they're planning on adding some Black Sun pilots in a card-only update and want the model to be ready? Regardless, I don't know if I'll pick this one up. I liked the way the new paint job looked on the Z-95, but I still think I prefer the old Scyk, not that I hate this new one or anything.

Edited by Jokubas

2 hours ago, Cloaker said:

Looks like Scum will still continue to struggle in Hyperspace. 

Scum won Paris Hyperspace

https://listfortress.com/tournaments/538

Guri + Fire-Control System + Crack Shot 
Old Teroch + Fearless 
Fenn Rau + Fearless 

Dunno if that can be attributed to player skill versus faction viability though.

4 minutes ago, Koing907 said:

Scum won Paris Hyperspace

https://listfortress.com/tournaments/538

Guri + Fire-Control System + Crack Shot 
Old Teroch + Fearless 
Fenn Rau + Fearless 

Dunno if that can be attributed to player skill versus faction viability though.

Taken against the norm vs. the exception in all events, we can assume very high player skill. Top 8 cuts tell the story.

https://www.pinksquadron.dk/pbm/?sid=16&q=factionoverview

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Scyk, Dunelizard, Kimogila, Krayt and Starviper are the best Mandalorian ships in my opinion (paint scheme's, which some use as the basis for their distaste, are a personal choice, paint them neon pink. It doesn't change anything about the ships). I despise Fangs...

The Fangs really get to me because I feel like they've gotten pushed as the main fighter of the Scum faction, both by marketing and by many discussions about the Scum faction. But for me, they'll always be the newcomer pretenders. In a lot of ways, they resemble Scyks if they were faced the other direction. I don't really mind them so much in a vacuum, but it just bugs me to see what feels like a counterfeit getting the attention.

As for the Wave, I'm pretty disappointed, but weirdly relieved at the same time. I think maybe because the smaller wave (is it smaller? it feels smaller) makes it feel more inevitable that I wasn't going to get anything I wanted. In a huge wave, and they still leave out the Tri-fighter or the V-Wing or the Eta-2, and I would have felt like they somehow figured out how to single me out (though maybe that would have been better for me in the long run, as it makes them much more inevitable in the next wave).

Edited by Jokubas