Jump to content
Revanxv

Wave 5 announcement

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Ambigatos said:

They gave the Scyk a Black Sun paint scheme when all of it's pilots fought AGAINST the Black Sun. 🤔🤷‍♂️

Yeah, in the old canon.

Figure that if the ship gets recanonized, they'll end up serving the Black Sun (and really, it is just a matter of time, a lot of already recanonized ships share all details with their previous incarnations, no need to throw away writing).

Or perhaps the Black Sun operates captured Scyks. They are Scum, gotta make do with what they've got.

Plus, gotta have a theme for the faction. The Black Sun colors works well enough for anything that doesn't have clear reason for having some other paint job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

Plays nicely with the ship ability. When you're defending and don't have any damage cards, you can change one crit to a hit. Tanky.

Reading back, it seems that the ability is if you don't have any face-up damage cards, THEN you can mitigate one Crit to a Hit. That makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

Yeah, in the old canon.

Figure that if the ship gets recanonized, they'll end up serving the Black Sun (and really, it is just a matter of time, a lot of already recanonized ships share all details with their previous incarnations, no need to throw away writing).

Or perhaps the Black Sun operates captured Scyks. They are Scum, gotta make do with what they've got.

Plus, gotta have a theme for the faction. The Black Sun colors works well enough for anything that doesn't have clear reason for having some other paint job.

The Mandalorian's sold the Scyk, Kimogila, Dunelizard and Krayt to whomever was willing to buy them... Just because the ship was used at Tansari Point to fight off Black Sun thugs doesn't mean it wasn't available to that organization's operatives...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

Yeah, in the old canon.

 

The pack still has the same old canon pilots. Of course future card packs could expand on that, but presently I kinda giggled at the irony.

I do think it looks pretty rad though. I might grab a few just to add some diversity. Although I like how the old paint job has a Hutt Cartel feel in my opinion.

I did grab some new Black Sun Z-95's though.

Edited by Ambigatos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stuffedskullcat said:

Am I interpreting that ability correctly, in that it's pretty much a one-use effect? It wouldn't matter say, in an attack that causes you to lose one, two, or three shields, but during the first attack that bleeds over into Hull, you can change the one crit?

I mean, potentially, yes. But it also comes into play if you have the repair astromech, or if there's some ability on the attack side that triggers on a crit result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its disappointing theres nothing for the F/O, not even the 2e version of the upsilon. They now have the least ships of all factions when including 1e relevant content.

Looks like F/O and resistance are only getting expansions every even numbered wave right now and might suggest the Upsilon, MG-100 fortress and YT-1300 could be in wave 6 as the last expansions to drop for them prior to wave 8 bringing film IX ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Owenjf said:

Its disappointing theres nothing for the F/O, not even the 2e version of the upsilon. They now have the least ships of all factions when including 1e relevant content.

Looks like F/O and resistance are only getting expansions every even numbered wave right now and might suggest the Upsilon, MG-100 fortress and YT-1300 could be in wave 6 as the last expansions to drop for them prior to wave 8 bringing film IX ships

I'm okay with this if it means getting new ships and pilots done right, and not the rushed Pilot skill 8 Poe, Red Ace Blue Ace, Kylo Upsilon pilot derps of 1.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

 

Plus, gotta have a theme for the faction. 

Not really. Scum and Villainy aren't uniformly Black Sun. A theme seems almost antithetical to the faction. It would be cool if there was a mix like in first edition, and maybe it will still be like that. So far we have mining guild, black sun, and individual colors ( i.e. Slave 1 etc. ). I also like the idea of a generic paint scheme without symbols ( like 1st edition scyk and y-wing ) that could represent various cartels like the Hutt's etc.

And considering the Starviper re-release will likely also have the Black Sun scheme, let's save some water for the other fishes.

Edited by Ambigatos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

The Mandalorian's sold the Scyk, Kimogila, Dunelizard and Krayt to whomever was willing to buy them... Just because the ship was used at Tansari Point to fight off Black Sun thugs doesn't mean it wasn't available to that organization's operatives...

That's what's hilarious to me. Tansarii Point will never feel legitimate to me, because I came before all that.

But yeah, the Scyk was basically a freelance TIE fighter. This forum has NO god **** clue what they were used for and it shows every single time these Hutt fighters come up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Captain Lackwit said:

That's what's hilarious to me. Tansarii Point will never feel legitimate to me, because I came before all that.

But yeah, the Scyk was basically a freelance TIE fighter. This forum has NO god **** clue what they were used for and it shows every single time these Hutt fighters come up.

Scyk, Dunelizard, Kimogila, Krayt and Starviper are the best Mandalorian ships in my opinion (paint scheme's, which some use as the basis for their distaste, are a personal choice, paint them neon pink. It doesn't change anything about the ships). I despise Fangs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snap Shot had me thinking about having fun running it on Sunny. Now I'm sad panda.. I just remembered that can't be modified includes Sunny's ability (adding results is a dice modification). :( Oh well. Going to be fun on TPVs, CSs, and RZ-1 A-Wings (as well as Nantexs). :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RStan said:

So Clone Y has old 1st Ed Dial and the Nantex has an extremely flexible dial. 

Nantex also has to make itself vulnerable to reposition or move its turret arc and the BTL-B can ignore crits for a bit (there are abilities that get around it, but only 2 that I remember. Thane and the Defender pilot. Kylo's might count too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bobafett1228 said:

it looks like the Nantex has a deflection upgrade, and the y-wing has new bomb?

The new bomb was confirmed, though I don't recall what it does. I saw the Deflection upgrade in the Nantex's spread too. The pic on it is interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

Could the "deflection" upgrade be Nantex-exclusive modification? Something that works of tractor beam systems?

you're right it does have the tractor beam so maybe... ordnance deflection!

Edited by bobafett1228

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTL-B looks an absolute tank. Can’t turn for toffee which might hamper it a bit as a bomber. Looks solid though, I’m cautiously optimistic. Couple of these and a couple of Arc-170s would be quite a bit to chew through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...