Revanxv

Wave 5 announcement

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure Sun Fac's ability gives him an extra attack die on his primary when his opponent is tractored

Edit: The I4 seems to re-roll two attack dice, I think also when the opponent is tractored

Edit #2: The I5 looks like it does something with red lock tokens, when a friendly ship with lock on its action bar has a lock on the the enemy you just attacked

Edited by Prosk_019

4 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

The Y-Wing looks to only have blue 1 and 2 forwards, its almost as if R4 astromech will be stapled to this ship. 

Likely. It is going to be one tanky as heck small base though, with at least 1 Jedi pilot 😒

2 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

Am i imagining things or is C-3PO a gunner for the ship? If so, R2-D2 might be a pilot... there was this one TCW episode where the droid duo went flying around with a Y-wing.

3P0 is in the spread, not sure if he'll be a gunner though.

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

3P0 is in the spread, not sure if he'll be a gunner though.

Well, i'm assuming the ship has gunner slot by default, and so C-3PO would go there naturally. But then again, the new system would allow for R2-D2 to be a special pilot without astromech slot (since that's where Artoo piloted the ship) and C-3PO goes into a crew slot, unique to R2-D2 piloted Y-wing.

I'm incredibly disappointed with this wave. I was very much looking forward to the LAAT, twilight, or V-wing for republic, and droid gunship or tri-droid for separatists. That isn't to say i don't like these 2 new ships, because i will be getting them, but i was just REALLY wanted different ships

4 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

Well, i'm assuming the ship has gunner slot by default, and so C-3PO would go there naturally. But then again, the new system would allow for R2-D2 to be a special pilot without astromech slot (since that's where Artoo piloted the ship) and C-3PO goes into a crew slot, unique to R2-D2 piloted Y-wing.

Both possible. :) 

Just now, stuffedskullcat said:

<already has more M-3's than I need. Sees new M3 paint job. Drooling intensifies.>

Depending on the bases, picking up a couple will convert mine and get me the new paint job. :) 

5 minutes ago, HisEpicness said:

I'm incredibly disappointed with this wave. I was very much looking forward to the LAAT, twilight, or V-wing for republic, and droid gunship or tri-droid for separatists. That isn't to say i don't like these 2 new ships, because i will be getting them, but i was just REALLY wanted different ships

In fairness, the Y-wing was a lock, and the Geonosian fighter was a no-brainer given the Seps needed an agile interceptor ship. I'd imagine the V-wing will be in the next wave though, if not the Eta-2. Both will kick any prospect of a LAAT down the road to next year. 

Looks like Scum will still continue to struggle in Hyperspace. 

Jumpmaster is unplayable competitively obviously already given its dearth of showings in events. Faction already has cheap filler in the Z95 and MG TIE. Nothing that is in Wave 5 is going to increase their viability in Hyperspace. 

IG Aggressors should probably have come out here. Utility dogfighter role missing in the kihraxz. Dirty trick Quadjumpers. A Jabba carrier in the yv-666. 

Scum is defined by two things: Bounty Hunters and illicits. Illicits vs. Tech or sensors or force or talents etc offer nothing currently for the faction. With the jumpmaster neutered out of viability and the scyk offering more of the same, scum continue to offer the least of the 7 factions. 

Maybe wave 6 they will get it right, but that wave will be resistance and FO heavy, and they got two ships here in this wave. So, wave 7. 

2020. Jeez. 

8 minutes ago, J1mBob said:

Snap Shot text:

Attack 2, forward arc, range 2, ordnance icon

After an enemy ship performs a maneuver, you may perform this attack against it as a bonus attack. 

Your dice cannot be modified. 

It's talent icon on the Y-Wing photo.

16 minutes ago, stuffedskullcat said:

Interesting; one fewer Hull on the Y, with an additional shield. 

Plays nicely with the ship ability. When you're defending and don't have any damage cards, you can change one crit to a hit. Tanky.

12 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

Plays nicely with the ship ability. When you're defending and don't have any damage cards, you can change one crit to a hit. Tanky.

Am I interpreting that ability correctly, in that it's pretty much a one-use effect? It wouldn't matter say, in an attack that causes you to lose one, two, or three shields, but during the first attack that bleeds over into Hull, you can change the one crit?

Yeah not feeling this wave. I was hoping the old factions might get something fun or at least access to material that’s new.

Guess I have to wait for the card pack that they said is coming but won’t be until wave 6 or later. They really want us to buying the new two factions I see.