Revanxv

Wave 5 announcement

1 minute ago, dsul413 said:

I am REALLY looking forward to the Nantex fighter. Looks very interesting and unique.

I am too though I foresee some rage surrounding it when combed with the talent... People hated the Quadjumper? The Nantex has tractor shenanigans, a mobile arc, and an interceptor dial... Though the lowest init is 2 and lowest generic is I3 so that mitigate a bit. Seps also get their first I6 flying the Nantex too it seems. that is going to be interesting. :)

1 minute ago, NakedDex said:

I presume that I6 pilot is Dooku. He flew one a bunch in that Clone Wars series, didn't he?

He was only a passenger, also there are no force token in that photo.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

I presume that I6 pilot is Dooku. He flew one a bunch in that Clone Wars series, didn't he?

Not Dooku, Sun Pac.

(had a photo linked.)

Doesn't look like Dooku is even a Pilot for the Nantex and there are no Force Charges in the spread.

Edited by Hiemfire
region lock kicked in :(

Posted (edited)

Where are you all seeing these images, because I'm getting blocked images every time you're posting, and on the Polish site.

Nevermind, got it.

Edited by NakedDex
Found the trace

8 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I am too though I foresee some rage surrounding it when combed with the talent... People hated the Quadjumper? The Nantex has tractor shenanigans, a mobile arc, and an interceptor dial... Though the lowest init is 2 and lowest generic is I3 so that mitigate a bit. Seps also get their first I6 flying the Nantex too it seems. that is going to be interesting. :)

You get an action, too, which is a big difference - you can roll into range 1, and rotate arc, and focus, then tractor something. And 4 dice with a R1 bullseye. Pretty mean.

OTOH -

You can't stack it with Juke (or many other things), because it's (wisely) a talent. Which also might keep it off the I3 generic (maybe?) and the I2 unique (probably?) And if you move after them, you can strand them with their tractor, at which point they're 2 agi and 4 hull and won't last long. They also need bullseye to throw a meaningful number of attack dice, despite being a turret ship.

Just now, NakedDex said:

SWZW5_ship-art.png

2 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

Where are you all seeing these images, because I'm getting blocked images every time you're posting, and on the Polish site.

The images just switched over to red circles with a white dash for me now. :( happens. Now to wait for a half hour...

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

The images just switched over to red circles with a white dash for me now. :( happens. Now to wait for a half hour...

If you're on a phone, you can long press the circle and hit View Image. Seems to be a kind of weird spoiler tag you can bypass.

Thanks guys ❤️ I’ve been enjoying 8 Vultures for Hyperspace, but I’ll have to give Hatin’ Kanan another try once that beautiful model comes out. With an Epic peg, none the less! 😍 I’ll have my own copy of Maul and everything... just need to figure out how to make Kanan not die so fast or make it count if he does 😜

I don’t know if maybe one of the new sensors will help him? Maybe a few more points shaved off his build? It’s just difficult to fit more than one decent ship next to him outside of attempting to swarm A’s or Z’s (Which I have yet to try, admittedly.)

Just now, NakedDex said:

If you're on a phone, you can long press the circle and hit View Image. Seems to be a kind of weird spoiler tag you can bypass.

I'm on my PC, so no bypass for me. Not a big deal, the article over here should be up soon and Gold Squadron is hopefully going to be able to stream the panel at Celebration where FFG was planning on releasing the information.

If we only count entire (ship) expansions, FFG have released or announced 22 expansions for 2019, and we still probably have a 6th wave in Q4.

They're averaging just over 7 expansions every three months. 

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I'm on my PC, so no bypass for me. Not a big deal, the article over here should be up soon and Gold Squadron is hopefully going to be able to stream the panel at Celebration where FFG was planning on releasing the information.

Try right clicking and doing the same with View Image Source.

Just now, svelok said:

If we only count entire (ship) expansions, FFG have released or announced 22 expansions for 2019, and we still probably have a 6th wave in Q4.

In fairness, a lot of them are just reboxed 1e ships they're trying to get out there. There's very little new stuff that isn't part of the two brand new factions, and even one of those is just a repaint with new card for the new faction. It's less that they're pumping them out and more that they're trying to replace stock in stores as quickly as possible I'd imagine.

Just now, NakedDex said:

It's less that they're pumping them out and more that they're trying to replace stock in stores as quickly as possible I'd imagine.

Sure it’s easier when they aren’t having to play test/design every ship, but it’s still impressive. And with how much 1e stock is still around, it’s not like there are empty shelves needing space filled.

10 minutes ago, svelok said:

There will almost certainly be a wave of ships in December to go with the release of Episode IX. They've got to get that new SF Interceptor into the game, after all!

Just now, Freeptop said:

There will almost certainly be a wave of ships in December to go with the release of Episode IX. They've got to get that new SF Interceptor into the game, after all!

Three ships so far, the Tie Silencer MK2/TIE SF Interceptor, the Tie Echelon, and the new tie seen on the poster leak. 

8 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Sure it’s easier when they aren’t having to play test/design every ship, but it’s still impressive. And with how much 1e stock is still around, it’s not like there are empty shelves needing space filled.

They don't need filling, but it's to capture new players. Newbie off the street getting into Xwing for the first time doesn't want to buy ten 1e ships and a conversion kit if they can just buy the same ship in fancy new packaging. It's not really different (given most stores are offloading the 1e stock at a discount) but it's just a marketing/looks thing.

I imagine there's a warehouse somewhere with the next five waves worth of 1e ships in 2e packaging already, waiting to be joined by two or three new ships per wave for the Resistance, FO, Republic, and Separatists.

It's an impressive churn, you're right, but I'd say this was a long time planned.