Revanxv

Wave 5 announcement

1 minute ago, Darth Meanie said:

Time to incubate??

A barrel of Scotch gets done faster. 

And how balanced is it compared to other alcoholic beverages? Does it taste too much like gin? And shouldn't it, lorewise, be better than vodka?

2 hours ago, XPav said:

Smart people just drink lots of generic plastic bottle vodka.

Not sure about smart, but that is how I do it 😄 

This thread is all over the place. I love it.

On 4/13/2019 at 12:02 PM, Woorloog said:

Well, i'm assuming the ship has gunner slot by default, and so C-3PO would go there naturally. But then again, the new system would allow for R2-D2 to be a special pilot without astromech slot (since that's where Artoo piloted the ship) and C-3PO goes into a crew slot, unique to R2-D2 piloted Y-wing.

That would be sweet

Posted (edited)

I have to admit a degree of interest in the Nantex. I always like highly manoeuvrable ships, and this one can pull some seriously ridiculous tricks. The fact that there's a stealth device in the spread implies a modification slot, too, so afterburners can be thrown into the mix as well.

Chaining together a speed 5 straight, a boost from afterburners and a boost from pinpoint tractor array makes it the fastest ship in the game in a straight run aside from Black One or a decloaking Firespray. Certainly I think it's the fastest that doesn't use any limited cards.

Throw in ensnare to get double-use out of the tractor token (I throw myself right then throw you left to boot) and it's going to cause some serious conniptions trying to figure out where the heck it's going to be.  Especially since there appears to be an unrestricted initiative 4 saber squadron ace analogue in there.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

in a straight run aside from Black One or a decloaking Firespray.

Black One with or without Afterburners, Adv SLAM, or Poe (difference of 2 base lengths with (12) vs without (10) )? Either way it can only do it once (here is where I cheer that Chopper isn't able to be put on Black One anymore. Throw Elusive on a Black One that has Chopper and ****..). The Firespray comes in at 11.5 base lengths =/- a "hair" (Med base isn't not a full 1.5 bases long so: decloak for just under 3.5, 4 straight for just under 5.5, boost for just under 2.5) repeatable twice, drops to about 9 after the second decloak. Nantex can cover 10 (6 for 5 speed maneuver + base, Afterburners for 2, self tractor boost for 2) repeatable twice (8 after both Afterburner charges are used) though EngUp YT-1300s other than Scavenged (4 straight for 6, boost for 3, this is starting to sound like cribbage in my head... :)) can cover the same straight line distance (9) every turn if the test area is long enough. Scavenged has to drop the 4 speed down to a 3 for 8 total to keep it's sprint ticking. A SLAMinq K-Wing is also floating around 9 but can be roughly 11.5 for a couple of rounds if it has Afterburners (med base dimensions... GAHHH!) although it can't shoot if it does so. Starwings are a solid 8 in a straight line (small base, fastest straight is a 3, so 4 there + 4 from the SLAM) which ups to 10 with Afterburners for 2 turns and they can still shoot depending on config.

Edited by Hiemfire
Was calculating the boost on a YT-1300 as a 2 straight instead of a 1 straight.

30 minutes ago, Kaleb daark said:

since Solo mentioned he pilots a VCX in the Solo movie do we think there might be the slim hope of a Han card in the vcx box?

Since he's lying through his teeth at that point, no. Especially since there's no shortage of limited VCX pilots. 

I could see us getting a TIE/rb (and maybe an AT-Hauler) from Solo, eventually, but nothing else (aside from the already released Lando's Falcon) jumps out at me as really useable in the game.  

7 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

I could see us getting a TIE/rb (and maybe an AT-Hauler) from Solo, eventually, but nothing else (aside from the already released Lando's Falcon) jumps out at me as really useable in the game.  

There's Krennic's Delta-class shuttle from Rogue One. Figure we'll see that eventually, as a "replacement" for the Upsilon as a heavy shuttle, with Lambda being "light" shuttle.

On 4/15/2019 at 7:07 PM, SabineKey said:

The problem is that while you are entitled to your opinions, you don’t fact check them. Take your assertion else where on this forum about the armaments of the Gauntlet Fighter. It was impressive, but didn’t match canon sources other people were looking at for the ship. And when asked to cite your source as to the armaments, you didn’t answer.

So, now you dismiss two canon ships as the same thing, despite fact checking. There is a strange disregard for actual facts. If that’s how you like it, that’s all on you. But expecting people to accept things you haven’t proven or disregard is a little presumptuous.

First off, nice try attempting to retcon a previous conversation with a comment in this one.  doesnt work that way. it is interesting that you identify your preferences, opinions, or prefered interprretations of vagur sources as facts and then imply others are liars for disagreeing with you. thats ******.  in regards to the gauntlet, there are a dozen depictions of it that vary, and Im viewing the majority of them as defining the ship. Ive presented sources repeatedly and you present no counterpoints or evidence of your own. not cool

Second, no.  Im not dismissing anything at all. im saying that within cannon materials the 2 ships (Fo tie and SF tie) are so similar as to be more like variations of the same thing. For example consider Van models, where the same chasis has features added to create a passenger model and cargo model. it makes more sense for the SF to be a title or upgrade to the FO and if it werent for capitalism, it would be. but toy sales shape franchises.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vontoothskie said:

First off, nice try attempting to retcon a previous conversation with a comment in this one.  doesnt work that way. it is interesting that you identify your preferences, opinions, or prefered interprretations of vagur sources as facts and then imply others are liars for disagreeing with you. thats ******.  in regards to the gauntlet, there are a dozen depictions of it that vary, and Im viewing the majority of them as defining the ship. Ive presented sources repeatedly and you present no counterpoints or evidence of your own. not cool

Second, no.  Im not dismissing anything at all. im saying that within cannon materials the 2 ships (Fo tie and SF tie) are so similar as to be more like variations of the same thing. For example consider Van models, where the same chasis has features added to create a passenger model and cargo model. it makes more sense for the SF to be a title or upgrade to the FO and if it werent for capitalism, it would be. but toy sales shape franchises.

No, you haven’t shown sources for the Gauntlet. At least not the times I’ve seen you make claims about it’s armaments. If that is merely an oversight, I would love to see your sources. 

Mine is the official Star Wars Database, linked here: https://www.starwars.com/databank/gauntlet-fighter

If you have evidence that the official database is wrong, I would like to see it. 

As for your claims of the SF, it still falls flat without official sources. Like I said before, you can think they are little more than variants all you want. But that doesn’t change what the license owners say they are separate ships.

edit: and here is a link to the thread I was referring to, where you did not provide sources and I did link to my source. 

Edited by SabineKey

On 4/17/2019 at 2:32 PM, Woorloog said:

There's Krennic's Delta-class shuttle from Rogue One. Figure we'll see that eventually, as a "replacement" for the Upsilon as a heavy shuttle, with Lambda being "light" shuttle.

Krennic's shuttle should be "lighter" (and cheaper) than the Lambda.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:40 AM, HolySorcerer said:

He was lying about his ship being the fastest ship in the galaxy and doing the kessel run in parsecs, but people take that as gospel.

Such a simple "solution" to the Kessel Run "problem". It's even in the shooting script that Han was making stuff up to impress Luke & Ben and get the money to pay off Jaba.

Ah well.

On 4/17/2019 at 1:32 PM, Woorloog said:

Eh, no. Krennic's shuttle, the Delta T-3C shuttles were not all that much different from a Lambda aside from losing the rear gun and being able to carry 10 more troops at the cost of 4 more crew to operate it. The ship also doesn't really have much to add since Krennic and Death Troopers are already in the game due to the TIE Reaper which sort of already fills a 'Light' shuttle role. 

I figure the next shuttle for the Empire will be tied into Rebels, since they have characters they could use from that to push sales like Thrawn and not to mention they already have art ready for most of the minor Rebels Imperial characters thanks to their card games and Armada. As such I figure they will go with either the LAAT/le Gunship or the Sentinel-Class Landing Craft, of the two I'm hoping the Sentinel. Between the two, the Sentinel also has showed up more, and is also seen in ANH rather than just being a ship only seen in Clone Wars and Rebels. 

350?cb=20160913053948Police Gunship SaVPolice gunships Lothal

LAAT/le, it is light and relatively fast, is rather small so small base, comes off as a cheaper lambda with paper thin armor. It has 2 front guns and a rear gun so they can keep the 2/2 attack profile and instead of getting a cannon slot it gets a missile slot, and likely would only have a single crew to not step on the Reaper or Lambda's toes. Aside from the two attack arcs I'd expect something overall like front and rear primary arcs of 2, evasion of 2, and 5 to 6 hull.

Image result for Sentinel-class landing craftImage result for Sentinel-class landing craft a new hopeImage result for Sentinel-class landing craft a new hope

Sentinel-Class Landing Craft, it is slower than the Lambda but far more heavily reinforced and has more weapons as well. It has 8 laser cannons, 2 laser cannon turrets, 1 ion cannon turret, and 2 missiles so you trade the Lambda's rear arc, and cannon slot to be able to get a 4 primary, 1 or 2 missile slots, and a turret slot. It also has far more passenger capacity so could get a crew and gunner slot added ontop of the Lambda's 2 crew. Stat wise you effectively make it a Upsilon though likely trade 2 shields for 2 hull to set it apart and lose the Upsilon's ship ability. It also lets you have a +2 overall health rate between the 'shuttles' the Raider has 8, the Lambda has 10, and the Sentinel has 12. 

23 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

LAAT/le, it is light and relatively fast, is rather small so small base, comes off as a cheaper lambda with paper thin armor. It has 2 front guns and a rear gun so they can keep the 2/2 attack profile and instead of getting a cannon slot it gets a missile slot, and likely would only have a single crew to not step on the Reaper or Lambda's toes. Aside from the two attack arcs I'd expect something overall like front and rear primary arcs of 2, evasion of 2, and 5 to 6 hull.

With the way the front guns are set up I see full front 2 as possible. They also carried missiles. Other than that your stat line suggestion seems to fit.

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

With the way the front guns are set up I see full front 2 as possible. They also carried missiles. Other than that your stat line suggestion seems to fit.

Full 2 front would be interesting, though I thought I mentioned it carried missiles? 

Still, I'd prefer the Sentinel over it.