Nohwear

Doom from a whale corpse

I just had a burst of inspiration and I feel like sharing. An eco terrorist organization has decided to make an example of New Angels. Jinteki once created a sort of zombie virus, but in a rare moment of sanity, canister 2359 was sealed away to never see the light of day. Somehow it has fallen into the hands of said eco terrorists. They have loaded a dead whale with as many infected corpses as possible. When the whale corpse finally washed ashore, the infected burst out. This is all I have so far. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Nohwear said:

I just had a burst of inspiration and I feel like sharing. An eco terrorist organization has decided to make an example of New Angels. Jinteki once created a sort of zombie virus, but in a rare moment of sanity, canister 2359 was sealed away to never see the light of day. Somehow it has fallen into the hands of said eco terrorists. They have loaded a dead whale with as many infected corpses as possible. When the whale corpse finally washed ashore, the infected burst out. This is all I have so far. Thoughts?

Is a whale carcass the best delivery vector here?  Why not spray it out of a hopper and infect the live population?  Or a new street drug? 

I'm having a hard time following why an eco-terrorist group would want to release such a virus, though.  The motives just don't seem plausible to me.  Now, a rogue general AI, sure. 

I admire your fiendish super-villainy but from a player's perspective I would be scratching my head. 

Hmm, eco terrorists were just a place filler.  Maybe a doomsday cult that worships a rogue AI.  I do love the imagery with the whale corpse full of zombies.  Maybe it was just used as a distraction?

Zombies are cool :) here are my suggestions for a Android zombie scenario. 

Maybe the virus was an experiment for clones of jinteki. Faulty clones could reanimate and return to a jinteki facility. Now this virus had some side effects and the project was shutdown. 

the NAPD have received several reports of missing clones lately. No one thought much of it untill the zombie masses started to terrorize the streets at night. Appearing random places around the block. 

A local contact has reach out to the pc's as the creator of the virus dr. Kataoka Ane has disapeared from her office in the local branch of Harmony Medtech in the hab block. 

The pc's must investigate the disappearance of mrs. Ane while fighting of the zombie break outs.

• Are these things connected ? 
  • What other secrets are Harmony Medtech hiding ? 
  • Was Dr. Ane killed or just a victim of the zombies ? 
  • Who is the master behind the attacks ? 

No idea where to put the whale. Unless he is the mastermind behind it all swimming around in a huge tank in some secret Medtech lab under the hab block. Dont forget sharks with lasers while your at it :)

So I love the idea of an undead whale that explodes with zombies, and I don't think it would be much of a stretch to incorporate it.

Jinteki has been working on a secret project that involves testing new genes in harsh conditions. Thanks to a recent bidding war; Haas-Bioroid has secured contracts that prevent Jinteki from conducting tests on the moon. Jinteki has constructed a secret lab off the coast of Ecuador , using deep sea climates to conduct their tests. Unfortunately while they made clones that can ignore injuries that would kill most humans/clones, it comes at a cost. The gene has a strange interaction with the genome, where the clones cognitive and reasoning functions become severely impaired. They also become extremely aggresive.

While trying to resolve these issues a disgruntled employee decided he had enough of the poor working conditions and low pay. He released specimens into the nearby ocean where the local sea life was changed by the samples. Large sea creatures attacked the facility,  causing a massive breach. Soon enough some whales managed to consume large quantities of "infected" clones. They then began charging the shores of New Angeles. Soon violent clones burst from these whales and began storming New Angeles.

With a nearly unkillable and physically perfect, but extremely aggressive army of clones attacking New Angeles; Jinteki is willing to pay a small fortune for a team that can infiltrate lab and find a cure for this blunder. But there are also many competitors that would also be interested in getting credit for fixing a Jinteki mistake. 

Posted (edited)

An A.I.-created/controlled nano-swarm that infests a being (this makes bioroids vulnerable) and eventually turns them into a “tech-zombie” of sorts. The brain is turned into a hive-like cortex (a cluster of nanites restructured to puppet the body) and any extreme trauma has a good chance of distupting it and rendering the zombie inert (“Shoot ‘em in the head!”), save the possibility of residual nanites being viable (bodily fluids). The bodily fluids (be they organic or otherwise) of the infested take on a silvery sheen, making infested organics easy to recognize. 

Just adding to our Beanstalk zombie apocalypse! 

Edited by Alderaan Crumbs
A thing.