2 hours ago, Underachiever599 said:

Following up on my previous post:

Luke stomped the Red Guard, Magnaguard, and Fallen Apprentice. Has some difficulty with the Fallen Master. Won 2/3 against Maul. Didn't win a single match against Obi-Wan (Clone Wars), Grievous, Ben, Vader, Yoda, or Sidious. Maul did about as well as Luke in all his match ups, with slightly more difficulty due to his lower damage and higher crit rating on his lightsaber. Grievous is a beast with his Linked 3, and consistently out-performed Obi-Wan and Ben. Yoda, Vader, and Sidious are the top dogs, with Yoda consistently performing below Vader, who fell just shy of Sidious. Even with Vader's Durable 3, free stim pack, Superior weapon, and I Have You Now, he just can't match Palpatine's ability to use Enhance as part of a lightsaber check. That ability is just busted, as it should be.

So are you just roleplaying these matches out solo at your table? And will you take requests?

4 hours ago, warchild1x said:

Luke's skills are:

Astrogation 1, Athletics 2, Cool 2, Coordination 2, Discipline 2, Gunnery 3, Leadership 1, Lightsaber 3, Mechanics 3, Perception 2, Pilot Planetary 3, Pilot Space 4, Ranged Light 3, Resilience 1, Survival 2, Vigilance 2

A while back I made my own version of ESB Luke and I gave him:

Astrogation 1, Athletics 2, Cool 2, Discipline 3, Gunnery 3, Leadership 1, Lightsaber 3, Mechanics 1, Perception 2, Piloting (Planetary) 3, Piloting (Space) 3, Ranged (Light) 1, Survival 2, Vigilance 1.     

... Pretty close, huh? I should work for FFG! 😄

6 hours ago, SavageBob said:

So are you just roleplaying these matches out solo at your table? And will you take requests?

I have been just roleplaying them solo as a pass-time, yes. And if you've got request, go for it. Might be a few days before I have the free time, though. Got a lot on my plate until next Thursday

3 hours ago, Underachiever599 said:

I have been just roleplaying them solo as a pass-time, yes. And if you've got request, go for it. Might be a few days before I have the free time, though. Got a lot on my plate until next Thursday

I was just thinking you should do some of the mundanes. Like Boba Fett vs. Han Solo, or maybe Fett vs. Solo and Chewbacca as a team. Rancor vs. krayt dragon would also be interesting.

Did Jyn Erso get stats? I'm kind of curious on how they statted her, and if she really could clobber a minion group's worth of stormtroopers with a brawn score that reasonably matches someone with the build of Felicity Jones. ;)

9 minutes ago, penpenpen said:

Did Jyn Erso get stats? I'm kind of curious on how they statted her, and if she really could clobber a minion group's worth of stormtroopers with a brawn score that reasonably matches someone with the build of Felicity Jones. ;)

Brawn 2, Melee 4, & Frenzied Attack talent.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, penpenpen said:

Not bad, but still not a very good damage output unless that's a really good club she's got. ;)

My bad. It’s actually Frenzied Attack 2 and those “paired truncheons” are pretty nasty with damage 6, disorient 2, knockdown, and linked 1.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

On 5/2/2019 at 2:11 AM, AnomalousAuthor said:

My bad. It’s actually Frenzied Attack 2 and those “paired truncheons” are pretty nasty with damage 6, disorient 2, knockdown, and linked 1.

Those stats are crazy. It's either a Damage 6 weapon (unlikely as it's a non-powered impact weapon) or a Damage (Brawn + 4) weapon. In the latter case, it hits as hard as an electro-staff and harder than almost any one-handed weapon. Further, why do these things have Linked instead of just having Jyn use the two-weapon fighting rules like everyone else has to do? Basically, this weapon is a butt-pull that's poorly fit to the game's system.

6 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

Those stats are crazy. It's either a Damage 6 weapon (unlikely as it's a non-powered impact weapon) or a Damage (Brawn + 4) weapon. In the latter case, it hits as hard as an electro-staff and harder than almost any one-handed weapon. Further, why do these things have Linked instead of just having Jyn use the two-weapon fighting rules like everyone else has to do? Basically, this weapon is a butt-pull that's poorly fit to the game's system.

Because linked is easier for a gm. and they are basically like tonfa.

1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

How does "like tonfa" explain either the damage or the fact that they don't follow the usual two-weapon rules? Linked has been used for double-ended weapons, but never before for a pair of separate weapons. I agree it's an easy GM cheat, but it's still a cheat. Regardless, the Damage is simply too high for unpowered clubs. If they wanted her to do that kind of damage, they could have given her Feral Strength 2 (but it wouldn't work on the Linked hit) rather than just making up an NPC-only rulesbreaker weapon.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

I’d also assume that the linked quality and the damage 6 is to make it easier on the gm. She’s also a nemesis level adversary and doesn’t use the same rules that PCs do. 

15 minutes ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Buy the book and figure it out yourself.

I own the book. And it's not possible to "figure it out" with the pieces they've given us as anything but numbers pulled out of the author's hind end. I prefer NPCs to follow the same rules as PCs unless there is a very specific reason not to. Generally, NPCs use the same gear as PCs have access to, but Jyn's sticks are a glaring exception. 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

I own the book. And it's not possible to "figure it out" with the pieces they've given us as anything but numbers pulled out of the author's hind end. I prefer NPCs to follow the same rules as PCs unless there is a very specific reason not to. Generally, NPCs use the same gear as PCs have access to, but Jyn's sticks are a glaring exception. 

Good for you. *clap clap*

I don’t have any issue changing things as I see fit. It’s a roleplaying game. I use my imagination. I don’t search through every book to try and find problems so that I can complain about them nonstop to other players. 

Email the devs if you have a bone to pick. I’m not them.

And, for the record, I wouldn’t give them to players with those stats either, but I’d have no issue changing them to something I’d prefer. It’s not hard. 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Good for you. *clap clap*

I don’t have any issue changing things as I see fit. It’s a roleplaying game. I use my imagination. I don’t search through every book to try and find problems so that I can complain about them nonstop to other players. 

Email the devs if you have a bone to pick. I’m not them.

And, for the record, I wouldn’t give them to players with those stats either, but I’d have no issue changing them to something I’d prefer. It’s not hard. 

No need to be condescending. You might notice that I didn't search this one out; someone else [EDIT: it was you] posted the stats and I stated that they were crazy (which you seem to agree with).

I'm also not trying to pick a bone with you; you're not responsible for this issue, and as for the Devs, I've long since given up on them having any real insight into the details of their own products.

Edited by HappyDaze