Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Lord Dynel said:

I agree - I wish they had published Gamorreans and Ugnauts as well.  But I am glad Jawas made it in, though.  Tusken Raiders were the head-scratchers for me, too.  Overall I am pretty pleased with the book.  Still hoping for Gamorreans at some point, but time may be running out for them.

Snivvians!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MasterKazur said:

Are there stats for any other named characters from the films or comics?

Luke, Leia, Han, C3PO, R2D2, Lando, Chewie, Jyn Erso, Saw Guerra, Cassian Andor, K2SO, Boba Fett, Dengar, 4LOM, Zuckess, Bossk, Black Kyrrsatan, Aphra (plus her droids), IG88, Mothma, Piett, Krennic, Ackbar... I might have forgotten a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

Luke, Leia, Han, C3PO, R2D2, Lando, Chewie, Jyn Erso, Saw Guerra, Cassian Andor, K2SO, Boba Fett, Dengar, 4LOM, Zuckess, Bossk, Black Kyrrsatan, Aphra (plus her droids), IG88, Mothma, Piett, Krennic, Ackbar... I might have forgotten a few.

That’s amazing. I ordered the book on friday, but they still haven’t shipped it 😕 

Any chance on gering some previews? I’m really interested in Luke & Han. Arne Leia’s the same as the ones in Dawn of Rebellion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MasterKazur said:

That’s amazing. I ordered the book on friday, but they still haven’t shipped it 😕 

Any chance on gering some previews? I’m really interested in Luke & Han. Arne Leia’s the same as the ones in Dawn of Rebellion?

I forgot Veers, Thrawn, and Wedge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 10:13 PM, jivjov said:

I'm sure I'm reaching here....but take a look at the insides of the covers for A&A. The cool graphics of ships and weapons and stuff make me think FFG might possibly be planning on compendiums of gear or ships or something in the future.

Finally got my copy.  And, yeah, I have to agree with you.

Combine those graphics with constant reminders in the copy about so-and-so's modified starship/vehicle?  I think a gear/starship compendium has to be on the horizon with stats for all of those personalized vessels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harlock999 said:

Finally got my copy.  And, yeah, I have to agree with you.

Combine those graphics with constant reminders in the copy about so-and-so's modified starship/vehicle?  I think a gear/starship compendium has to be on the horizon with stats for all of those personalized vessels.

What are Luke’s stats like? 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MasterKazur said:

What are Luke’s stats like? 😊

It's ESB Era Luke.
Nemesis

Stats are 242244 Soak 3 W13 Str16

Adversary 3, Exhaust Port (flip destiny pt to ignore Massive rule), FR 3, Natural Pilot, Parry 3, Reflect 2, Touch of Fate,

Force Powers: Enhance, Foresee, Move, Sense; One in A Million (spend Destiny pt for 2 Successes, 2 advantage, or 1 success and 1 advantage)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, warchild1x said:

It's ESB Era Luke.
Nemesis

Stats are 242244 Soak 3 W13 Str16

Adversary 3, Exhaust Port (flip destiny pt to ignore Massive rule), FR 3, Natural Pilot, Parry 3, Reflect 2, Touch of Fate,

Force Powers: Enhance, Foresee, Move, Sense; One in A Million (spend Destiny pt for 2 Successes, 2 advantage, or 1 success and 1 advantage)

 

 

Alright, so Luke prior to his training with Yoda falls somewhere between Ezra and Kanan. Makes sense. Now I'm curious what Jedi Knight Luke from RotJ might look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Underachiever599 said:

Alright, so Luke prior to his training with Yoda falls somewhere between Ezra and Kanan. Makes sense. Now I'm curious what Jedi Knight Luke from RotJ might look like.

I'd say this stat block is more likely after his training with Yoda and when he faces Vader. Luke used foresee on Dagobah, and the FR3 and enhance seems more like he's been trained. I don't recall him blatantly using enhance until he jumped out of the Carbonite pit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaethe77 said:

I'd say this stat block is more likely after his training with Yoda and when he faces Vader. Luke used foresee on Dagobah, and the FR3 and enhance seems more like he's been trained. I don't recall him blatantly using enhance until he jumped out of the Carbonite pit.

The picture accompanying the statblock is his classic orange flightsuit with a Hoth backdrop but i would tend to agree that with an FR3 its post Dagobah Luke but prior to bespin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My LGS doesn't stock the RPG and I stupidly forgot to preorder through them, so I have Allies & Adversaries waiting at Gamenerdz until Rise of the Separatists gets shipped - can't wait to get my hands on them :)

Edited by Bojanglez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, warchild1x said:

The picture accompanying the statblock is his classic orange flightsuit with a Hoth backdrop but i would tend to agree that with an FR3 its post Dagobah Luke but prior to bespin

Back in the old WEG days, Luke’s stats from Empire were also labled “as of the battle of Hoth,” but represented him by the end of the film, post-training with Yoda 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jaethe77 said:

I'd say this stat block is more likely after his training with Yoda and when he faces Vader. Luke used foresee on Dagobah, and the FR3 and enhance seems more like he's been trained. I don't recall him blatantly using enhance until he jumped out of the Carbonite pit.

For what it's worth, Luke does use both Enhance (in the current Marvel comics) and Foresee (in Weapon of the Jedi) prior to Empire Strikes Back. His FR3 could be a result of him spending three years developing himself as a Force user, coupled with his naturally high potential. Also, there's the matter of his lightsaber. If he has Anakin's old lightsaber, then it has to be Luke prior to ESB, as he loses the weapon immediately after training with Yoda. 

I just don't see the version of Luke that held his own against Darth Vader as being statted out so far below the likes of Kanan, Ahsoka, and the Inquisitors. I could be wrong, and maybe the devs did intend for this version of Luke to be post-training with Yoda, but I just don't see it, myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just picked up my copy! Can't wait to look through it later.

Edit: So... Palpatine can roll an Enhance power check as part of a lightsaber check. He's already rolling 5 yellow dice. He also gets to add his 8 Force dice to the check, and spend pips as advantage or success. That's horrifying.

Edited by Underachiever599

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Underachiever599 said:

Just picked up my copy! Can't wait to look through it later.

Edit: So... Palpatine can roll an Enhance power check as part of a lightsaber check. He's already rolling 5 yellow dice. He also gets to add his 8 Force dice to the check, and spend pips as advantage or success. That's horrifying.

Ian: "I want to spin 960 degrees and stab one of the masters to death in one fluid motion."

GM George: "Okay.... the difficulty is going to be..."

Ian: *grabs five yellows and eight Force dice*

Ian: "Now you know why they call me 'Shiv."

Edited by RLogue177

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question on Doctor Aphra. I don't understand her "Watch out for the traps" ability. 

Is she the one making the hard vigilance check? 

And if so, why is it counting failures, threats and despairs if successful? 

I'm not sure how to run this check/resolution. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I underestimated Luke when I thought he'd fall between Ezra and Kanan. He's kind of a monster.

For fun, I tested Luke against several other named NPCs (something I've done with every other named NPC to date, and will do with the rest of the named cast from A&A when I have time). In order so far, I've tested him against Ezra, The Fifth Brother, Kanan, Ahsoka, The Seventh Sister, and The Grand Inquisitor. So far, he hasn't come close to losing a match (I'm going to do a rematch against the Grand Inquisitor later, though. Crit rolls in that one were wonky). 

What makes Luke so good compared to these other characters is pretty straight forward. His father's lightsaber is a fully modded Ilum lightsaber. So, 10 damage, crit 1, and Vicious 2. All the other NPCs I just mentioned only have base-level sabers. 6 damage, crit 2, and no Vicious. Couple that with Luke's One In A Million Force power, and his Touch of Fate, and he's terrifyingly consistent.

That said, he isn't nearly as survivable as the Grand Inquisitor. With lower Soak, Wound, Strain, Parry, and Reflect. Even pitting him against two characters at once would probably be more than enough to overwhelm him. But in single combat, this Luke build is surprisingly scary.

When I get off work, I'll test him against a Magnaguard, a Fallen Master, Maul, Obi-Wan, Vader, Yoda, and Sidious. I expect he'll have no trouble with the first two, but I doubt he'll beat any of the more powerful named characters. They're all just so much stronger than him, and their weapons are all just as strong as his, so he loses his biggest advantage that he's had against the lesser characters so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following up on my previous post:

Luke stomped the Red Guard, Magnaguard, and Fallen Apprentice. Has some difficulty with the Fallen Master. Won 2/3 against Maul. Didn't win a single match against Obi-Wan (Clone Wars), Grievous, Ben, Vader, Yoda, or Sidious. Maul did about as well as Luke in all his match ups, with slightly more difficulty due to his lower damage and higher crit rating on his lightsaber. Grievous is a beast with his Linked 3, and consistently out-performed Obi-Wan and Ben. Yoda, Vader, and Sidious are the top dogs, with Yoda consistently performing below Vader, who fell just shy of Sidious. Even with Vader's Durable 3, free stim pack, Superior weapon, and I Have You Now, he just can't match Palpatine's ability to use Enhance as part of a lightsaber check. That ability is just busted, as it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Underachiever599 said:

Following up on my previous post:

Luke stomped the Red Guard, Magnaguard, and Fallen Apprentice. Has some difficulty with the Fallen Master. Won 2/3 against Maul. Didn't win a single match against Obi-Wan (Clone Wars), Grievous, Ben, Vader, Yoda, or Sidious. Maul did about as well as Luke in all his match ups, with slightly more difficulty due to his lower damage and higher crit rating on his lightsaber. Grievous is a beast with his Linked 3, and consistently out-performed Obi-Wan and Ben. Yoda, Vader, and Sidious are the top dogs, with Yoda consistently performing below Vader, who fell just shy of Sidious. Even with Vader's Durable 3, free stim pack, Superior weapon, and I Have You Now, he just can't match Palpatine's ability to use Enhance as part of a lightsaber check. That ability is just busted, as it should be.

I love doing stuff like this too! Based on your research, I’d say FFG did quite alright in nailing Luke’s ESB power level. 

What are his skill ranks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MasterKazur said:

I love doing stuff like this too! Based on your research, I’d say FFG did quite alright in nailing Luke’s ESB power level. 

What are his skill ranks? 

Luke's skills are:

Astrogation 1, Athletics 2, Cool 2, Coordination 2, Discipline 2, Gunnery 3, Leadership 1, Lightsaber 3, Mechanics 3, Perception 2, Pilot Planetary 3, Pilot Space 4, Ranged Light 3, Resilience 1, Survival 2, Vigilance 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...