6 minutes ago, Issumar2380 said:

I'm loving this book Maul is by far my favorite he looks awesome. But it seems Maul's write up is lacking in Force powers and his iconic double bladed lightsaber. I was going to give him some extra Force powers for my game as a recurring villian but idk what to give him.

Well in order to make a gmable npc you have to distill them down to something a gm can manage. Remember a gm has to keep track of the world. A player just has to manage one character.

36 minutes ago, Issumar2380 said:

I'm loving this book Maul is by far my favorite he looks awesome. But it seems Maul's write up is lacking in Force powers and his iconic double bladed lightsaber. I was going to give him some extra Force powers for my game as a recurring villian but idk what to give him.

Have you thought about alchemy and conjure, he's got a pad on Dathomir so he can study the Nightsisters magick.

I'm sure I'm reaching here....but take a look at the insides of the covers for A&A. The cool graphics of ships and weapons and stuff make me think FFG might possibly be planning on compendiums of gear or ships or something in the future.

3 minutes ago, jivjov said:

I'm sure I'm reaching here....but take a look at the insides of the covers for A&A. The cool graphics of ships and weapons and stuff make me think FFG might possibly be planning on compendiums of gear or ships or something in the future.

If they did that then they'd have to have a bunch of character faces on the inside of that one to keep with the "don't judge a book by the inside of its cover" non-matching theme.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Issumar2380 said:

Move and bind would seem fairly obvious places to start.

Something quick and easy would be to give him Vader’s Force Choke ability and the Move ability of the Grand Inquisitor.

edit: Assuming they use the same write ups from DoR. 

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

30 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

If they did that then they'd have to have a bunch of character faces on the inside of that one to keep with the "don't judge a book by the inside of its cover" non-matching theme.

Well I meant in the sense that there's this sweet inner cover illustration that seems thematically perfect for compendium books

On 4/18/2019 at 8:54 AM, HappyDaze said:

Unless you're on a Sil 2 speederbike with an auto-blaster. Then it's just meat waiting to be cooked.

It's a serious issue whith this game when things that are the size of light freighters can't actually give and take damage on planetary scale.

As a comment, the Canyon Krayt Dragon (of which these are the stats for) lives...go with me now...in canyons. :D Narrow spaces with all kinds of cover, as well as rocky outcroppings they can get cover and concealment from.

The Krayt will likely hear large vehicles coming, and probably won't want anything to do with them, so it takes cover.

Anyone on a vehicle that gets close enough to fight the krayt is probably within Medium range, the Krayt can then roar at them causing a fear check. If the character generates two Threat (or a Despair, honestly), the character is now immobilized. That nice vehicle that was moving at speed? Well, it now moves at-speed along it's last path of travel because the pilot can't spend a maneuver to steer, probably straight into a canyon wall. 

Krayts are cunning creatures. ;)

24 minutes ago, DarthGM said:

As a comment, the Canyon Krayt Dragon (of which these are the stats for) lives...go with me now...in canyons. :D Narrow spaces with all kinds of cover, as well as rocky outcroppings they can get cover and concealment from.

The Krayt will likely hear large vehicles coming, and probably won't want anything to do with them, so it takes cover.

Anyone on a vehicle that gets close enough to fight the krayt is probably within Medium range, the Krayt can then roar at them causing a fear check. If the character generates two Threat (or a Despair, honestly), the character is now immobilized. That nice vehicle that was moving at speed? Well, it now moves at-speed along it's last path of travel because the pilot can't spend a maneuver to steer, probably straight into a canyon wall. 

Mmh 15 soak a squad of BX-commando droids armed with missile tubes should do the trick. 

37 minutes ago, Eoen said:

Mmh 15 soak a squad of BX-commando droids armed with missile tubes should do the trick. 

See previous comment about "medium range" and Fear checks.

Even BX-commando droids aren't immune to fear. ;)  And probably don't have the best Discipline checks.

And I mean, come on; you can always come up with a winning hand that beats anything. But where's the fun in that?

What GM is going to enable such a thing to go off without a hitch?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DarthGM said:

Pilots are cunning creatures too, and vehicular weapons might just outrange the KD's senses by a lot. Luke and others flew through canyons picking off smaller creatures. They could do the same to KDs.

And being in an armored vehicle's cockpit with weapons that will kill the KD easily enough should give massive boosts to that Fear check. In fact, maybe the KD should be making Fear checks against the death from above.

Edited by HappyDaze

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, DarthGM said:

See previous comment about "medium range" and Fear checks.

Even BX-commando droids aren't immune to fear. ;)  And probably don't have the best Discipline checks.

And I mean, come on; you can always come up with a winning hand that beats anything. But where's the fun in that?

What GM is going to enable such a thing to go off without a hitch?

This. If the players have got to the point where they can't possibly be beaten with conventional methods, the GM needs to start playing smarter, not harder. If the PC's are going krayt hunting in a vehicle, then flip a DP and say, you notice the ship's power cell has been damaged; they can either go back to base to repair it, or it will be inoperable when they get to the site of the last krayt attack, where it will be inert, and they'll have to hoof it back to base from there.

Or, have an ion storm break out, rendering all ships useless, and force the party to go in on dewback, um, back.

Or when you get there, it's a mutant ELDER krayt, with a hide that's reached cortosis-levels of durability. [And it breathes plasma!]

But no, in Happy's world, the PCs have a vehicle and they're unstoppable now and the GM has no tools to stop them. Oh well. \_(ツ)_/

Edited by StriderZessei

28 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Pilots are cunning creatures too, and vehicular weapons might just outrange the KD's senses by a lot. Luke and others flew through canyons picking off smaller creatures. They could do the same to KDs.

And being in an armored vehicle's cockpit with weapons that will kill the KD easily enough should give massive boosts to that Fear check. In fact, maybe the KD should be making Fear checks against the death from above.

Hey man; your call, your game.

Play it how you like.  :) Personally I feel there's a huge difference between the survival instincts of womp-rats vs. Tattooine's apex predator.

Just now, DarthGM said:

Hey man; your call, your game.

Play it how you like.  :) Personally I feel there's a huge difference between the survival instincts of womp-rats vs. Tattooine's apex predator.

Apex predators die to technology in the real world all the time. If it's supposed to be different in Star Wars, the creature needs to be able to stand up to low-end planetary scale weapons and able to do damage through Armor ratings of 2+. Otherwise it's just meat.

4 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Apex predators die to technology in the real world all the time. If it's supposed to be different in Star Wars, the creature needs to be able to stand up to low-end planetary scale weapons and able to do damage through Armor ratings of 2+. Otherwise it's just meat.

Honest question: do you always play the rules as written, every time, with no allowance for wiggle room?

41 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

Honest question: do you always play the rules as written, every time, with no allowance for wiggle room?

As closely as I can. I save most of the wiggle room for when things are unclear. I believe good rules allow for deviation,  but do not require it.  If a game constantly requires deviation from the RAW, then I consider the rules to be crap. That's how I see the personal/planetary scale divide. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

As closely as I can. I save most of the wiggle room for when things are unclear. I believe good rules allow for deviation,  but do not require it.  If a game constantly requires deviation from the RAW, then I consider the rules to be crap. That's how I see the personal/planetary scale divide. 

Welp, I'm not sure about the rules requiring deviation constantly, but don't forget one of the first rules is 'fun comes first.'

Edited by StriderZessei

I’m confused about the “New Skills” section. Aren’t Knowledge (Warfare) and Lightsaber (Brawl) found in the core books already? (The section claims that the two skills are not found in all three core rulebooks.)

8 minutes ago, Redwense said:

I’m confused about the “New Skills” section. Aren’t Knowledge (Warfare) and Lightsaber (Brawl) found in the core books already? (The section claims that the two skills are not found in all three core rulebooks.)

Lightsaber is only in FaD, and knowledge (Warfare) is only in AoR.

8 minutes ago, Redwense said:

Knowledge (Warfare) and Lightsaber were introduced in Age Of Rebellion and Force & Destiny respectively - they do not appear in the Edge of the Empire CRB. Because A&A (and other 'cross-game' books like Dawn of Rebellion and the upcoming Clone Wars books) need to be compatible with all three CRBs, they include that info so you can still them use them in conjunction with EOTE if that's the only CRB you own. Same goes for the explanation on how Force symbols are presented (as this was updated when F&D came out).

4 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

Welp, I'm not sure about the rules requiring deviation constantly, but don't forget one of the first rules is 'fun comes first.'

My point is that, if every solution to dealing with vehicles vs. people & creatures is to not allow the vehicle to be used against them because reasons, then the game's interface of vehicles vs. people & creatures is obviously a problem. With Silhouette 4 beasts, it's even more of a problem since using vehicles against them actually makes a lot of sense and many of the reasons for not using them start to seem like very arbitrary butt-pulls.

36 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Isn't Zuckuss supposed to be a Force user to some degree?

There's enough conflicting information about him due to divergent characterization and background in different stories that it's really up to the reader to decide.

On 4/19/2019 at 2:22 PM, HappyDaze said:

I picked this up and actually looked at the four species that this book provides for PC use. I'm a little disappointed. They get tiny sidebars rather than the usual species write-ups. If this is how they were going to do it, then I really think they could have found a way to cram in similar sidebars for Gamorreans and Ugnauts. They are at least as important to me as Tusken Raiders and Jawas.

On 4/19/2019 at 2:48 PM, AnomalousAuthor said:

I tend to agree. I’d never pick any of those species for a character, but Ugnauts seem much more likely to be characters than Jawas or Tusken Raiders. Including PC options for Tusken Raiders seems like an odd choice in particular.

I agree - I wish they had published Gamorreans and Ugnauts as well.  But I am glad Jawas made it in, though.  Tusken Raiders were the head-scratchers for me, too.  Overall I am pretty pleased with the book.  Still hoping for Gamorreans at some point, but time may be running out for them.