1 hour ago, penpenpen said:

So Vader still isn't that impressive as a pilot?

As they have said these write ups are not complete. They are distillations of the essence of the character in a form usable by GMs. Not a complete player style write up for them. A GM would not find a pc style write up useful.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

As they have said these write ups are not complete. They are distillations of the essence of the character in a form usable by GMs. Not a complete player style write up for them. A GM would not find a pc style write up useful.

I know, but it's an odd part of the essence to distill away.

Edited by penpenpen

Just now, penpenpen said:

I know, but it's an odd part of the essence distill away.

Not really. I see a rogue one encounter as being more likely than a EP IV fighter encounter

12 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Not really. I see a rogue one encounter as being more likely than a EP IV fighter encounter

Phoenix squadron would disagree if it wasn't for... well... they got Vader'd.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Sure. But i dont think most gms will vader their player in a fragile ship. Unless he eants a pheonix tpk.

Could be cool encounter. Vader drops by and vapes the PCs entire squadron and moves on. The ships are space junk but the PCs and maybe some NPCs survive on the wreckage or by ejecting. Now the PCs need to figure out a way to get out of the situation before the empire shows up, Vader returns, or their space suits run out of air. They have whatever they had with them in the cockpit and squadron's worth of wreckage to work with.

Edited by penpenpen

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, penpenpen said:

Could be cool encounter. Vader drops by and vapes the PCs entire squadron and moves on. The ships are space junk but the PCs and maybe some NPCs survive on the wreckage or by ejecting. Now the PCs need to figure out a way to get out of the situation before the empire shows up, Vader returns, or their space suits run out of air. They have whatever they had with them in the cockpit and squadron's worth of wreckage to work with.

Sure. Given how much dislike i see for the vehicle rules i stand by the Rogue 1 encounter as more likely. Which takes nothing from your idea.

Edited by Daeglan

4 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

Flip a DP. The AT-PT breaks down. Problem fixed.

Flip one right back and play it out. Or, flip the GM off if he or she is acting in the jackhole manner you suggest. If you go further, flip the table.

You seem to want to say bad rules are not a problem, but they are.

For those in the UK, Allies & Adversaries is already available and we don't need to wait the usual 2+ weeks following US release:

https://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/fantasy-flight-games-star-wars-age-of-rebellion-allies-and-adversaries-p302927

My pre-order has already shipped. There were rumours that the UK warehouses already had both A&A and RotS and were just waiting for the green light so here's hoping we get a quick turn-around when the Clone Wars book releases as well.

I picked this up and actually looked at the four species that this book provides for PC use. I'm a little disappointed. They get tiny sidebars rather than the usual species write-ups. If this is how they were going to do it, then I really think they could have found a way to cram in similar sidebars for Gamorreans and Ugnauts. They are at least as important to me as Tusken Raiders and Jawas.

21 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

I picked this up and actually looked at the four species that this book provides for PC use. I'm a little disappointed. They get tiny sidebars rather than the usual species write-ups. If this is how they were going to do it, then I really think they could have found a way to cram in similar sidebars for Gamorreans and Ugnauts. They are at least as important to me as Tusken Raiders and Jawas.

I tend to agree. I’d never pick any of those species for a character, but Ugnauts seem much more likely to be characters than Jawas or Tusken Raiders. Including PC options for Tusken Raiders seems like an odd choice in particular.

3 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

I tend to agree. I’d never pick any of those species for a character, but Ugnauts seem much more likely to be characters than Jawas or Tusken Raiders. Including PC options for Tusken Raiders seems like an odd choice in particular.

Probably a nod to Darth Krayt fans.

15 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

Flip one right back and play it out. Or, flip the GM off if he or she is acting in the jackhole manner you suggest. If you go further, flip the table.

You seem to want to say bad rules are not a problem, but they are.

No, I'm suggesting the GM use DP the way they were designed: to get around hurdles that prevent interesting instances, or introduce new things or circumstances to challenge your players.  

Conversely, make a house rule that feral creatures of silhouette 4 do planetary scale damage to vehicles 2 silhouette smaller than it.

You keep blowing this out of proportion when in reality, a smidgen of creativity can make it a non-issue.

44 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

You keep blowing this out of proportion when in reality, a smidgen of creativity can make it a non-issue.

Close: Every instance of using planetary scale weapons against personal scale targets (even when they are Silhouette 4) blows them up out of proportion and makes the creature a non-issue.

I'm loving this book Maul is by far my favorite he looks awesome. But it seems Maul's write up is lacking in Force powers and his iconic double bladed lightsaber. I was going to give him some extra Force powers for my game as a recurring villian but idk what to give him.