Jump to content
SlickAWG

Allies and Adversaries

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, DarkHorse said:

Ewok Low-Tech User is such a better implementation of the idea compared to Gigoran Low Tech rule. So, so, so much better!

Well, the way the rule is worded is interesting. Per the RAW of it, Ewoks are going to be OK working with speeder bikes, Imperial walkers, & shuttles, stormtrooper gear (blasters, armor, communicaotrs, etc.), and massive shield generators since all of those are found on their home planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

Well, the way the rule is worded is interesting. Per the RAW of it, Ewoks are going to be OK working with speeder bikes, Imperial walkers, & shuttles, stormtrooper gear (blasters, armor, communicaotrs, etc.), and massive shield generators since all of those are found on their home planet.

Dont forget death star superlasers 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 3:28 AM, jarick098 said:

Picked up the book today. B1s are in there. No B2s. Probably in Rise of the Seperatists. I'm gonna try and nab one tomorrow. Ill let you know. 

I saw vader is listed in content. Are his stats the same as the one in dawn of rebellion?

Sadly, this book not arrives to my country

Edited by naitsirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 4:22 PM, Science_Wiz said:

Book arrived today. I can confirm there are over 20 creatures in the book, some of which have never appeared in any book. Most excitingly, a Krayt Dragon.

How many Hit Dice is that Krayt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Science_Wiz said:

Wound threshold or combat skill dice pool?

I was (mostly) being facetious. 

But, I would like to know... Is it an adult krayt? Like, what is its listed Silhouette size? We got stats for baby ones in "Crates of Krayts." I'm very interested to know just how ferocious they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Krayt Dragon is listed as adult size, Silhouette 4. Wound threshold is 43, soak is 15. When attacked, they can spend a despair or 3 threat to inflict instant poison damage. They have a special Fearsome Roar ability to immobilize and stagger. Teeth and claws do 12 damage plus several ranks of vicious, ensnare, and pierce. They can spend one advantage to do the same damage as a successful attack to another target in range. Overall, extremely ferocious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Science_Wiz said:

The Krayt Dragon is listed as adult size, Silhouette 4. Wound threshold is 43, soak is 15. When attacked, they can spend a despair or 3 threat to inflict instant poison damage. They have a special Fearsome Roar ability to immobilize and stagger. Teeth and claws do 12 damage plus several ranks of vicious, ensnare, and pierce. They can spend one advantage to do the same damage as a successful attack to another target in range. Overall, extremely ferocious. 

Unless you're on a Sil 2 speederbike with an auto-blaster. Then it's just meat waiting to be cooked.

It's a serious issue whith this game when things that are the size of light freighters can't actually give and take damage on planetary scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Unless you're on a Sil 2 speederbike with an auto-blaster. Then it's just meat waiting to be cooked.

It's a serious issue whith this game when things that are the size of light freighters can't actually give and take damage on planetary scale.

I wouldn't call it "serious issue." Do you want Jedi PCs to have to do strafing runs from their ship to ever get a dragon pearl? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

I wouldn't call it "serious issue." Do you want Jedi PCs to have to do strafing runs from their ship to ever get a dragon pearl? 

That's a very specific issue. The inability of some of the biggest creatures to deal with even the smallest of vehicles in combat is a more general issue. I haven't seen the stats for some of the big droids used by the Separatists, but if those are also scaled like the K. Dragon, then it'll be a very apparent problem for many of the CW scenarios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

Unless you're on a Sil 2 speederbike with an auto-blaster. Then it's just meat waiting to be cooked.

It's a serious issue whith this game when things that are the size of light freighters can't actually give and take damage on planetary scale.

That’s only a problem if you forget the story element in the game. Running a fight with the dragon should make ample use of stagger and immobilize to freeze players dead in their tracks. Send the players into close quarters, a cave or canyon. These are fierce predators that don’t leave themselves open for frontal attacks with vehicles. Don’t forget fear checks and use environmental features to make the fight interesting and challenging.

I ran a battle with one in a crystal cavern and the players had to continually dodge falling razor sharp crystals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus if you have a force user on your side, shove that conflict to them for their pals deciding to cheat it by using a starship weapon. Alternatively, have someone at a distance see what's going down so when they attempt to brag at the local bar they get derided with "Sure, you took down a Krayt Dragon single handed...with that quad laser cannon attached to your vehicle. Mighty impressive of you..."

Anyway, got my copy today thanks to a loan from my wonderful partner. I like a lot of what I find in this book although it is a genuine surprise to find so little for PC's in this book, even the species options are sidebars which shocked me. Granted I wasn't expecting a lot, but this is definitely a book only for GMs.

My only criticisms of the book are as followed:

We get Commander Luke Skywalker, which is fine, but I would have liked a sidebar talking about how to up him to Jedi Luke Skywalker. Even if they just provided stats for both sabres and suggested cutting back a few abilities to make the Commander Skywalker version of him. As of right now, I can easily make early ANH Luke no problem.

They even point out that Leia is clearly the leader of the Rebellion that we see in Empire and not the early days we see in Dawn of Rebellion and Rebels. Which is fine! That being said if we are going to get another book in the future that has Jedi Luke, I am on board with that. All in all, this is a very minor gripe and if anything gives me hope of more NPC books and/or era books.

This is perhaps the biggest complaint yet is also so tiny in the grand scale of the book: We have characters, but we are missing their iconic rides. We get Han Solo and Chewbacca but there are no stats for the Millenium Falcon, we know it is a modified YT-1300, but it would have been great to get defined stats like how we got the Spectre Crew and The Ghost in Dawn of Rebellion. Same with Vader and the TIE Advanced X1, a ship we STILL do not have stats for, or the Executor and Home One for Piett and Ackbar respectively.

I feel these were missed opportunities to bundle characters with their iconic vehicles, even if they just provided a non-fluff stat block I think that would have sufficed. Granted there are a few easy ones like Luke and Wedge's X-Wings...they are just X-Wings (as far as we know) so it's easy to just throw them in an X-Wing and call it done. Harder to do when its a modified ship like the Falcon or IG-88's modified Aggressor Starfighter etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Science_Wiz said:

That’s only a problem if you forget the story element in the game. Running a fight with the dragon should make ample use of stagger and immobilize to freeze players dead in their tracks. Send the players into close quarters, a cave or canyon. These are fierce predators that don’t leave themselves open for frontal attacks with vehicles. Don’t forget fear checks and use environmental features to make the fight interesting and challenging.

I ran a battle with one in a crystal cavern and the players had to continually dodge falling razor sharp crystals.

Anywhere a Krayt Dragon can go, an AT-PT can follow, at least in the hands of a skilled pilot (or Driver).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, naitsirk said:

I have a question. Are the stats for Vader the same as dawn of rebellion?

Thanks :)

Yes and Mauls are the same that are listed in Dawn of the Rebellion. But it's still an awesome book to have. It doesn't have every adversary that is listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually...there are very minor differences. Stat wise Vader is the exact same but his gear section is more comprehensive and gives him another ability to basically take a stimpack for free once per encounter or something.

There are reprints in the book, but some of them have been changed slightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ebak said:

Actually...there are very minor differences. Stat wise Vader is the exact same but his gear section is more comprehensive and gives him another ability to basically take a stimpack for free once per encounter or something.

There are reprints in the book, but some of them have been changed slightly.

Yep. As I'm slowly making my way through and entering them all into the GM Tools of OggDude's, I'm giving the reprints a once-over to make sure they match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nytwyng said:

Yep. As I'm slowly making my way through and entering them all into the GM Tools of OggDude's, I'm giving the reprints a once-over to make sure they match.

Same here, it's what I am doing right now infact...at 3:51 am :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

I'm taking a short break to concentrate on watching the recording of tonight's The Orville.... 😁

To be fair, I should probably take a break, up to page 71 now and I've been doing this pretty much non stop since 9:00 pm.

Then again, the celebration videos in the background are keeping me going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...