Jump to content
TheWiseGuy

Expansions announced amid mixed reviews. Well played FFG...Well played.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

really great video. you got all of the points nicely. I will defiantly be picking these two up. i'm exited to see how the future of this game will turn out. 

Edited by woodland_elf_504

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you view this as 3 miniatures with some card based content plus 11 adventures for $20 it is an amazing expansion for the price.  The key is how the app cuts production costs for most of the game content.  FFGs expansion support appears to be great, hopefully the game will be as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to future expansions that will include more terrain/puzzle pieces.  Even though I'm sure that would up the cost.  Seems like there is a lot of opportunity for expansion with the terrain, and for exploring different areas of middle earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4.99 for an additional campaign is great value.

I’m not so sure about the physical expansion. Just 6 new items and some mini-bosses that might show up during the campaign? For $10+?  What’s stopping me from claiming I own it in my collection and just proxying the cards?

I’d be much more interested in an expansion with new characters or new class/role (whatever they are called) decks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Faranim said:

4.99 for an additional campaign is great value.

I’m not so sure about the physical expansion. Just 6 new items and some mini-bosses that might show up during the campaign? For $10+?  What’s stopping me from claiming I own it in my collection and just proxying the cards?

I’d be much more interested in an expansion with new characters or new class/role (whatever they are called) decks.

Yeah, I kinda agree about the physical expansion. I'm not sure how the cards work but it seems like the trinkets and titles have to be earned in-game, so they might not even come into play at all. That is disappointing.

The cards look cool though, but I also worry if it becomes part a power creep. What if the scenarios get so hard that you're almost forced to buy these little expansions? I don't think that'll be the case, but it's definitely a concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Faranim said:

4.99 for an additional campaign is great value.

I’m not so sure about the physical expansion. Just 6 new items and some mini-bosses that might show up during the campaign? For $10+?  What’s stopping me from claiming I own it in my collection and just proxying the cards?

I’d be much more interested in an expansion with new characters or new class/role (whatever they are called) decks.

Yah honestly I would probably end up proxying it haha. Though maybe you need a code or something to log it in the app? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vince79 said:

I'm looking forward to future expansions that will include more terrain/puzzle pieces.  Even though I'm sure that would up the cost.  Seems like there is a lot of opportunity for expansion with the terrain, and for exploring different areas of middle earth.

I think terrain would be a super cool idea. Make the battle maps a bit more flushed out. They come out with terrain for legion so they are capable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 3:32 PM, woodland_elf_504 said:

really great video. you got all of the points nicely. I will defiantly be picking these two up. i'm exited to see how the future of this game will turn out. 

Thank you kindly! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheWiseGuy said:

Though maybe you need a code or something to log it in the app? 

Imperial Assault didn’t require anything like that for its app, and from what I understand neither did MoM or Descent.  I’d be surprised if this one did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Imperial Assault didn’t require anything like that for its app, and from what I understand neither did MoM or Descent.  I’d be surprised if this one did.

Ah good to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My advice: people should try the game before spending money on 3D terrain.  GW's Black Stone Fortress appears to have some similarities to LotR Journeys in terms of map configuration.  BSF showed us that using objects that obstruct the view of the game board surface (depending where you sit) is problematic at best.  Fluff should not negatively impact the mechanics of playing the game so I would play test with found objects to see if it is functional before spending money on a bunch of terrain.

Edited by Tokhuah
structural

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...