Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

1 hour ago, XR8rGREAT said:

Imperial 1 ISD I believe

Definitely ISD 1 and that might be important. Weren't ISD 1s retrofitted with the ISD 2 bridge sensor tower in between ANH and ESB? So how come there is still an ISD 1? 

I am not saying anything, but didn't one blue Grand Admiral boy disappear with a hand full of ISDs before ANH, before they could be retrofitted with the new sensor tower?

Or they could just say that not all ISD 1s were retrofitted, or it could be a flashback, or, or something else entirely...

1 hour ago, LordCola said:

I am not saying anything, but didn't one blue Grand Admiral boy disappear with a hand full of ISDs before ANH, before they could be retrofitted with the new sensor tower?

"Skywalker Bridger, please jump the fleet into position.  It is time for us to RISE from the Unknown Regions."

Posted (edited)

ngs7pnfeb2s21.png

Luke Skywalker obtained Emperor Palpatine's compass (to navigate the Unknown Regions) from The Emperor’s observatory on Pillio after the detruction of the Second Death Star.  Ben Solo had the compass with him the night he attacked Luke at his Jedi Temple.  Luke had the compass with him in his hut on Ahch-To.

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

On 4/12/2019 at 3:24 PM, LTD said:

Can’t be Yavin - that Death Star went BOOM. And even if it didn’t it was on the far side of a gas giant. Any wreckage would hit the gas planet, not the moon.

Has to be Endor.

Star Wars physics already being mentioned, it's also worth remembering that the Death Star had a clear line of fire towards the rebel base in its final moments.  And the firing crater (the bit we see in the trailer)  would have been the part to fly directly towards Yavin.  That combined with the Yavin medal suggest it might be the DS1.  Would interesting either way, though.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, SkyCake said:

saw that tie interceptor ship that Rey fights as Lego in a store yesterday, major vonreg.... Maybe we'll get him some day...

Well... NO!!! That thing in the trailer is something with the stabilizers of a TIE Silencer but with a more classical  TIE fighter cockpit. Vonregs unnamed TIE looks very different.

Edited by LennoxPoodle
Corrected the name of Kylos TIe

Posted (edited)

latest?cb=20181008162146

Vonregs TIE

7XrKlfU.png

New TIE

tie-silencer-main-a_9d127916.jpeg?region

TIE Silencer

I'd guess, that the new thing is either Special Forces or Red Fury. The former makes sense, insofar as that the Cross Sections Book for Ep 8 indicates the Supressor being a (experimental?) further development based on the TIE/sf. Maybe that new one is finalized version for mass production. Isn't there supposed to be a time jump?

Edited by LennoxPoodle

3 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Bit of a necro, but I am adding to the topic. It looks like the knights of ren are confirmed for EP IX, the Star War facebook posted this picture from vanity fair apparently. 

CDpsnqn.jpg

The spiky-haired one looks very in control of the situation... he must be their leader.

Spoilers 

Spoilers 

Like really, spoilers

You have been warned

From the link (not mine)

The SITH Fleet

For a while now Star Wars fans have been reading about, hearing about what’s out in the Unknown Regions and “the Beyond.”  What that means has been kind of a mystery and part of the fun of the sequel trilogy era.  Now today I have some pretty interesting rumors about what all of this actually means and what it might amount to if the rumors are correct.  I should say that many of the things in this article have been corroborated by other tidbits in the past, both public and private. I think a lot of these disparate facts are coming together now.

The Sith Stormtroopers have been hidden away in the Unknown Regions. It is apparently hellish in those areas.  The Universe is “not entirely stable.” The area is dangerous and full of peril.  Since His Imperial Majesty, The Emperor Palpatine’s death,  the fleet has been dodging gravity wells and surviving in the wilderness of space in the Unknown Regions waiting to be found and to finish their mission.

This is why Kylo Ren needs the Wayfinder device.  The fleet is the key Kylo Ren needs to unlock Emperor Palpatine’s legacy.   Kylo gets this device from an alien that looks like a spider with an infant’s face that acts as an oracle.   This is sort of a Pandora’s Box for Kylo it seems as he thinks he’s getting himself something powerful that answers to him but Emperor Palpatine is not so willing to share his toys with anyone.   Emperor Palpatine  contingency plans weren’t made to have Darth Vader’s grandson received his inheritance.

The red Sith Stormtroopers which belong to The Emperor are hidden away inside a massive fleet, probably as a final act so upon his resurrection he could dominate the universe once more. However, the Death Star II wasn’t The Empeor’s last project.   These Star Destroyers are equipped with “planet destroying weapons like the one on the Death Star itself.”  Our buddy at the fantastic Bespin Bulletin is also releasing some images of the Sith Jump Troopers that fly in the Red TIE Fighters that belong to this fleet. These guys eject from their red TIE Fighters and rocket out and continue fighting from what I’ve heard and it all links up to survival in the unknown regions. These guys are not cowards with armor like our heroes are used to dealing with. I was told a few shots from The Clone Wars regarding Mando rocket pack stuff are pretty much reworked for this some of this movie and it is supposedly fantastic. Head over to Bespin Bulletin for his sketches of the troopers when they post in a short while. The questions I’m left with are the designs and how the fleet the survived and procreated 30 plus years later. Are they clones? How did they get their modern amor that matches The First Order’s designs? It seems like all of this fleet business is how we get Palpatine back. My assumption is Kylo doesn’t appreciate the fleet belonging to him but its also how he learns he’s part of a bigger plot to find Emperor Palpatine. My assumption is Snoke told Kylo about the fleet and withheld the reason they were looking for it or didn’t know either. Is Allegiant General Pryde a First Order guy or is he a Sith Fleet guy? When The Sith Fleet returns and unlocks a lot of secrets about Palpatine, is this also how we learn Rey’s connection to Palpatine’s plans?

1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Spoilers 

Spoilers 

Like really, spoilers

You have been warned

From the link (not mine)

The SITH Fleet

For a while now Star Wars fans have been reading about, hearing about what’s out in the Unknown Regions and “the Beyond.”  What that means has been kind of a mystery and part of the fun of the sequel trilogy era.  Now today I have some pretty interesting rumors about what all of this actually means and what it might amount to if the rumors are correct.  I should say that many of the things in this article have been corroborated by other tidbits in the past, both public and private. I think a lot of these disparate facts are coming together now.

The Sith Stormtroopers have been hidden away in the Unknown Regions. It is apparently hellish in those areas.  The Universe is “not entirely stable.” The area is dangerous and full of peril.  Since His Imperial Majesty, The Emperor Palpatine’s death,  the fleet has been dodging gravity wells and surviving in the wilderness of space in the Unknown Regions waiting to be found and to finish their mission.

This is why Kylo Ren needs the Wayfinder device.  The fleet is the key Kylo Ren needs to unlock Emperor Palpatine’s legacy.   Kylo gets this device from an alien that looks like a spider with an infant’s face that acts as an oracle.   This is sort of a Pandora’s Box for Kylo it seems as he thinks he’s getting himself something powerful that answers to him but Emperor Palpatine is not so willing to share his toys with anyone.   Emperor Palpatine  contingency plans weren’t made to have Darth Vader’s grandson received his inheritance.

The red Sith Stormtroopers which belong to The Emperor are hidden away inside a massive fleet, probably as a final act so upon his resurrection he could dominate the universe once more. However, the Death Star II wasn’t The Empeor’s last project.   These Star Destroyers are equipped with “planet destroying weapons like the one on the Death Star itself.”  Our buddy at the fantastic Bespin Bulletin is also releasing some images of the Sith Jump Troopers that fly in the Red TIE Fighters that belong to this fleet. These guys eject from their red TIE Fighters and rocket out and continue fighting from what I’ve heard and it all links up to survival in the unknown regions. These guys are not cowards with armor like our heroes are used to dealing with. I was told a few shots from The Clone Wars regarding Mando rocket pack stuff are pretty much reworked for this some of this movie and it is supposedly fantastic. Head over to Bespin Bulletin for his sketches of the troopers when they post in a short while. The questions I’m left with are the designs and how the fleet the survived and procreated 30 plus years later. Are they clones? How did they get their modern amor that matches The First Order’s designs? It seems like all of this fleet business is how we get Palpatine back. My assumption is Kylo doesn’t appreciate the fleet belonging to him but its also how he learns he’s part of a bigger plot to find Emperor Palpatine. My assumption is Snoke told Kylo about the fleet and withheld the reason they were looking for it or didn’t know either. Is Allegiant General Pryde a First Order guy or is he a Sith Fleet guy? When The Sith Fleet returns and unlocks a lot of secrets about Palpatine, is this also how we learn Rey’s connection to Palpatine’s plans?

Thanks Supershadow, missed you.

I'm not sure how the last episode will play out, but I think they are leaning heavily on the unknown part of the Unknown Regions in order to give themselves a lot of leeway and mystery that won't ultimately be justified or pan out.

They can't very well throw a huge twist with totally new top villain in, so they kind of have to keep close to Kylo and Palps. If they did it would be such a surface level treatment it would demand more movies and soon, and they don't appear to be doing much on that front. It could happen though.

So we are realistically left with some twist on the Palps storyline. I am kind of disappointed in this whole Sith stormtrooper thing, it doesn't make much sense to me. We know an awful lot about the Sith and their history, and these soldiers don't seem to fit to me. They are likely going to just be generic bad guy trooper mk3, after regular stormtrooper mk1 and FO trooper mk2. To ratchet up the evilness and danger they get the moniker Sith. The one chance of redemption I see is if they are the result of a secret project to create Force sensitive troopers like the old Dark Troopers.

The fleet being out there, looking for this well of dark side energy, sure I guess. But what they find cannot be an active enemy for the heroes lest they serve up another Snoke sacrifice. Just doesn't feel justified. So it is something, a planet, an ancient temple, a vortex in space, a black hole (Abeloth type thing maybe?), inherently connected to the dark side.

I keep veering into tangents but ultimately I think there isn't much they can do that won't scream deus ex machina. They will really need to dig deep on the metaphysics of the Force to make much sense of the where the storyline is at. In my opinion the new canon has really **** on the realism side of things, where the FO can R&D superior technology and then mass produce it outside of known space. They can maintain a huge ground army that is apparently capable of taking over most of the galaxy in short order by abductions, slavery, and brain washing training. It is so drastically different than the much more realistic Clone Wars that I am skeptical of this ending in a satisfactory manner.

My biggest fear after the latest trailer is that the movie is gonna have to much stuff for a single move.

Bringing Palp back and defeating him, introducing some new faction with an army possibly larger than any other faction, finishing the Kylo and Rey arc. It feels like some of this stuff should have been introduced a movie earlier and be concluded in 9. But now this movie will introduce a whole bunch of things and conclude them as well.

Posted (edited)

YxFYgN6.png

The tower on the left is definitely a Turbolaser tower like the ones on the Death Star and if you were to go a few frames further in the video you would see a very large circular structure in the back. Possibly part of the Death Star super laser or maybe an SSD engine or something like that.

PjFVOQP.png

I counted at least 1700 ISDs

Edited by LordCola