Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

J J Abrams said this was from the opening scene.

So with both that scene and the medal mentioned, do you think they are back to Yavin? Or is it Endor ( without the Ewoks?)

4 minutes ago, LostFleet said:

So with both that scene and the medal mentioned, do you think they are back to Yavin? Or is it Endor ( without the Ewoks?)

Can’t be Yavin - that Death Star went BOOM. And even if it didn’t it was on the far side of a gas giant. Any wreckage would hit the gas planet, not the moon.

Has to be Endor.

As to the laugh, the original Thrawn novels talk about there being a bad force presence of ol’ Palps in orbit of Endor marking the place where he died. I think that’s what it will be.

Posted (edited)

Also - Kylo Ren is a Skywalker.

Perhaps he is on the rise?

Or Luke has “ascended” - perhaps the story is about his rise to the next plane of existence?

Edited by LTD

1 minute ago, LTD said:

And even if it didn’t it was on the far side of a gas giant. Any wreckage would hit the gas planet, not the moon.

First of all, Star Wars physics.

Second, though, it's entirely possible--even likely--that the wrecked superstructure of the DS1 entered an eccentric orbit around Yavin that eventually intersected that of Yavin IV.  Particularly given that it appeared to be in the same plane as Yavin IV, it wouldn't necessarily have taken too long for them to intersect.

That said, still definitely Star Wars physics.  :) 

2 minutes ago, Ophion said:

Yep. The required whining and negativity has kicked in as scheduled.

It was only a matter of time.

Though I'm impressed at how long it took for the negativity to start really kicking in across all the FFG Star Wars forums. The X-Wing topic about the new movie took until page 3 or 4 for the real negative stuff (not just casual joking) to show up.

I liked the trailer. I saw somewhere online that the name Skywalker came from needing force sensitive hyperspace pilots in the past, thus being, 'Sky Walkers'. It used to be an occupation, much like how we have 'Smiths' and 'Cobblers'/'Shoemakers' (ive met at least three of each)...

My friends are speculating that thats what force sensitives will go back to... being 'Skywalkers'.

9 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

I liked the trailer. I saw somewhere online that the name Skywalker came from needing force sensitive hyperspace pilots in the past, thus being, 'Sky Walkers'. It used to be an occupation, much like how we have 'Smiths' and 'Cobblers'/'Shoemakers' (ive met at least three of each)...

My friends are speculating that thats what force sensitives will go back to... being 'Skywalkers'.

This is exactly why in canon the Chiss call their force sensitive people Skywalkers. They lack the technology to safely traverse hyperspace so they need force sensitive individuals to control ships in hyperspace.

13 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

92isir3jzur21.png

J J Abrams said this was from the opening scene.

mstvs2nqgvr21.png

In case you were wondering about that medallion.

Leia: “****. I forgot Chewie.”

7 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

Thrawn / Ezra confirmed for IX?

The distinct “blue” StarWars font...