Forresto

Episode IX Teaser & Discussion

5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Star Wars has been my imaginative happy place for more than thirty of its forty-two years now, and I enjoy it all pretty much unreservedly. I love the original trilogy best of all, but I also love the prequels, all three animated series, the standalone movies, and the sequels thus far. I was (and am) a huge fan of the Expanded Universe (‘Legends’) continuity (I’ve read almost all of the novels and comics, and some of them many times over), and now I’m pretty much perpetually delighted by the new Canon continuity, which I’ve kept up with assiduously since day one back in 2015. Both Legends and Canon have their own distinct strengths and weaknesses, but I have not the slightest trouble in enjoying it all.

As far as I’m concerned, Disney has been hitting it out of the park with everything they’ve done in the past four years, so the possibility of being in any meaningful way disappointed by this next movie doesn’t even cross my mind. I’ll laugh, I’ll cry, I’ll marvel, and it’ll all be great fun.

Haters may hate, but I’ll just contentedly keep revelling in the wonder, beauty, and magic of my beloved galaxy far, far away—in all its cosmopolitan variety and changefulness.

That is the kind of attitude that creates a lot of happiness in life. Which begs the question, WTF are you doing on the internet? This is a place for self loathing people that just want to spread their hate so their misery has company.

1 hour ago, Mep said:

It certainly is a very bright explosion and what you see is all that brightness. That doesn't mean dark debris of considerable size isn't left behind. Kinda of like when a cars gas tank goes up. Huge fire ball that encompass the whole car, that is actually still there after the explosion.  

My question is, are they on yavin or endor?

I would think endor, since the emperor was there and also since on Yavin I think you would see the gas giant in the sky

3 hours ago, Jabby said:

I would think endor, since the emperor was there and also since on Yavin I think you would see the gas giant in the sky

Not to mention that the gravity of the gas giant would probably pull most of the debris into it, and they clearly aren’t in a gas giant in the trailer :) 

7 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

Endor Holocaust
Something that large hitting a planet from orbit is definitely an extinction level event.

Well, I didn’t see any Ewoks in that trailer, did you? 

5 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Not to mention that the gravity of the gas giant would probably pull most of the debris into it, and they clearly aren’t in a gas giant in the trailer :) 

Well, I didn’t see any Ewoks in that trailer, did you? 

Ewoks beings wiped out? That’s now quality fan service. 

...and very dark. Would JJ or Disney be willing to take that plunge?

There was a comic back in the day about how the millions tiny fragments of Daeth Star that went through the atmosphere would cause enormous fires and wiped out the ewoks

18 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

Has also been applied to the Star Wars Franchise in 1980, 1983, 1999, 2002, 2005, 2015, 2017 and now again in 2019.

fair enough, and I don't think star wars has actually jumped the shark. The joke was just too hard to resist.

7 hours ago, Jabby said:

There was a comic back in the day about how the millions tiny fragments of Daeth Star that went through the atmosphere would cause enormous fires and wiped out the ewoks

It nearly happened. Fortunately, the Ewok leaders stayed strong and developed a magic foam to put out the fires.

medium.jpg 

medium.jpg 

medium.jpg 

medium.jpg 

2 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

It nearly happened. Fortunately, the Ewok leaders stayed strong and developed a magic foam to put out the fires.

medium.jpg 

medium.jpg 

medium.jpg 

medium.jpg 

Hmm, this isn’t the one I’m talking about. I think the one I remember was a former stormtrooper in a bar ranting about how the rebels commited genocide by destroying the Death Star

On 4/13/2019 at 10:49 PM, Sharkbelly said:

medium.jpg 

medium.jpg 

medium.jpg 

medium.jpg 

Omg I am literally watching this episode right now with my son. 😂

All speculation, but I can see Kylo trying to gain power, without Snoke. This leaves the next best thing, Palpatines lingering presence. Kylo hunts down his force ghost and tries to learn from him (maybe he does learn some stuff) Rey follows and at some point battles Palpys force ghost (in some way), Kylo, and eventually wins with Lukes force ghost saying "I am your father" or something silly. Then we go "yay! a skywalker rose!" 

On 4/12/2019 at 9:42 PM, R3dReVenge said:

Because she obviously needs more help???? She's already beaten him!

Rey's never beaten Kylo Ren. When they dueled on Starkiller Base in TFA she had him beaten down but then the tremors happening separated them. They fought side by side in TLJ so they're definitely due their rematch. 

BUT...I suspect it will come out that Rey is a clone of Palpatine (gender-swapped) and for a time in the TROS Rey will actually be the villain when Palpatine's spirit possesses her body! And Kylo Ren will have to return to the light to exorcise Palpatine's spirit from her. That will lead to a titanic duel between Rey and BEN SOLO that will only end when Finn and Poe can smash the MacGuffin (whatever it is) to free Rey and then Palpatine will jump into a different clone where Rey and Ben team up to defeat him in the final showdown. Yeah...that's it!

54 minutes ago, Kanpeki said:

Rey's never beaten Kylo Ren. When they dueled on Starkiller Base in TFA she had him beaten down but then the tremors happening separated them. They fought side by side in TLJ so they're definitely due their rematch. 

BUT...I suspect it will come out that Rey is a clone of Palpatine (gender-swapped) and for a time in the TROS Rey will actually be the villain when Palpatine's spirit possesses her body! And Kylo Ren will have to return to the light to exorcise Palpatine's spirit from her. That will lead to a titanic duel between Rey and BEN SOLO that will only end when Finn and Poe can smash the MacGuffin (whatever it is) to free Rey and then Palpatine will jump into a different clone where Rey and Ben team up to defeat him in the final showdown. Yeah...that's it!

I just noticed that Rise of Skywalker has the same capital initials as Revenge of the Sith! Is this JJ's subtle hint that Palpatine will win in episode 9!? Wake up Sheeple!

1 hour ago, Kanpeki said:

This is just wrong. She clearly defeated him in the first movie (stop trying to defend a weak villain). 

Your fan theory is incredibly boring. Move along...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, R3dReVenge said:

This is just wrong. She clearly defeated him in the first movie (stop trying to defend a weak villain). 

Not directed specifically at you. But. This whole forum sometimes makes me miss the measured calm reasoning and coldly fact based conclusions of Time Cube. RIP Gene Ray!

Edited by TauntaunScout

2 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

Sometimes obvious sarcasm is hard to catch I guess?

9 minutes ago, weebaer said:

Sometimes obvious sarcasm is hard to catch I guess?

I dunno... maybe my expectations are low but I would not be surprised with something like that~ <.<;;

As a fan of Palpatine since always , if he indeeds be back i think he can save the failed sequel. 

I think that if he was using Snoke body, controlling Kylo Ren without him noticing, creating Rey as another Anakin , etc... has potencial to make the sequels worth. TLJ will always suck, but at least the sequels would have another meaning. Just hope he doesnt appear only as a memory or some ghost force or something. Would love to see Anakin / Vader in this as well as Luke still being alive ( doubtful but who knows.. )

It is at the point now where I cannot even remember the names of the new films. They are not very memorable tbh. 7 was okay for a reboot, a kind of SW paint-by-numbers. 8 was just terrible, a bad film and a bad SW film. 9 looks like it will be as bland as 7, so i'll wait to see it in a few years tv.

The original trilogy was by no means perfect, but its imperfections did not distract from the overall enjoyment of the story. The ewoks defeat of the empire was just plain silly, but I can forgive that as it was the last film and they ended with a firework display :)

50 minutes ago, Empire On Ice said:

It is at the point now where I cannot even remember the names of the new films. They are not very memorable tbh. 7 was okay for a reboot, a kind of SW paint-by-numbers. 8 was just terrible, a bad film and a bad SW film. 9 looks like it will be as bland as 7, so i'll wait to see it in a few years tv.

The original trilogy was by no means perfect, but its imperfections did not distract from the overall enjoyment of the story. The ewoks defeat of the empire was just plain silly, but I can forgive that as it was the last film and they ended with a firework display :)

If you read some of the old canon they actually explain how the ewoks won. In short, it was completely unexpected since the ewoks had previously been scared of the empire and avoided them, but their bows were engineered fir extreme leverage and they were very accurate (aiming for gaps in armour) and all their weapons were coated in every poison available 

Regarding Rey beating Kylo in Episode 7. Yes, she did beat him. But, it's not as simple as that and I don't personally think it makes Kylo look weak.

First of all, let's never forget that Kylo was shot by Chewie's bowcaster prior to the fight. They spent the movie to expose how devastating this weapon is and Kylo took a direct hit like a champ. The movie even reminds us right at the start of the fight that Kylo is hurt when he hit himself. So right from the start, Kylo was not at its best and 100% focused.

He then got to fight Finn, that he easily beat, but still got hit on the shoulder during the fight. So now he has two wounds when he finally gets to battle Rey.

The fight against Rey begins, and what happens? Kylo easily block all her strikes and then she goes on the defensive. All she does is try to block and run away. She runs away from Kylo pretty much the entire fight. Kylo is in control, until they gets to the cliff. Once she can't run away, he finally gets her locked. But instead of trying to kill her, he tries to make her join him. 

And then the Force awaken. She lets the Force flow through her, which gives her a second wind. And since Kylo was not focused on the fight anymore (but trying to convince her to join him instead), her counter attack took him by surprise. He's now hurt, unfocused and unbalanced, against someone that is focused on beating him. Interestingly, if you look at the face of Rey when she does beat Kylo, it's pretty close to the face of Luke when he beats Vader in Return of the Jedi, full of anger, which makes me think that Rey did use the dark side to beat Kylo. She has no control of the Force after all.

So yes, she does beat him, but prior to the awakening, she was never in control of the fight, only trying to survive.