Forresto

Episode IX Teaser & Discussion

7 hours ago, Jabby said:

I’m hesitant to expect this to be any good but they are bringing back Lando (and maybe Palpatine?) and it seems that there will be new troops. I don’t think I want palpie to return cause it cheapens ROTJ and I’m seriously afraid they’ll ruin him

Palpatine was the single best thing about the prequels; if that can’t ruin him, have no fear. 

12 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Palpatine was the single best thing about the prequels; if that can’t ruin him, have no fear. 

Exactly! 

Also I doubt that his “return” is going to be as significant as the teaser makes it seem. 

I think Rey is trying to complete or further her training. She’s going to encounter an echo or a force ghost of Palpatine, probably in the Death Star ruins. She’ll have to overcome what remains of him in order to achieve understanding or attain something she requires to defeat Kylo Ren.

Star Wars has been my imaginative happy place for more than thirty of its forty-two years now, and I enjoy it all pretty much unreservedly. I love the original trilogy best of all, but I also love the prequels, all three animated series, the standalone movies, and the sequels thus far. I was (and am) a huge fan of the Expanded Universe (‘Legends’) continuity (I’ve read almost all of the novels and comics, and some of them many times over), and now I’m pretty much perpetually delighted by the new Canon continuity, which I’ve kept up with assiduously since day one back in 2015. Both Legends and Canon have their own distinct strengths and weaknesses, but I have not the slightest trouble in enjoying it all.

As far as I’m concerned, Disney has been hitting it out of the park with everything they’ve done in the past four years, so the possibility of being in any meaningful way disappointed by this next movie doesn’t even cross my mind. I’ll laugh, I’ll cry, I’ll marvel, and it’ll all be great fun.

Haters may hate, but I’ll just contentedly keep revelling in the wonder, beauty, and magic of my beloved galaxy far, far away—in all its cosmopolitan variety and changefulness.

40 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Darth Maul, General Grevious, Yoda, Windu?

21 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Exactly! 

Also I doubt that his “return” is going to be as significant as the teaser makes it seem. 

I think Rey is trying to complete or further her training. She’s going to encounter an echo or a force ghost of Palpatine, probably in the Death Star ruins. She’ll have to overcome what remains of him in order to achieve understanding or attain something she requires to defeat Kylo Ren.

Because she obviously needs more help???? She's already beaten him!

14 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Good, Terribad, Example of how to ruin a character, and Good actor trapped in bad dialogue. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

I wholeheartedly disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Thundershield said:

Star Wars has officially jumped the tie interceptor.

What do you mean? The interceptor was present in ROTJ. Which makes it worse since they aren’t even making a new ship

Edited by Jabby

Posted (edited)

5f1w38xycvr21.png

to me that looks like part of the crashed death star (the area around and below the dish). Interesting but kinda stupid given how the death star exploded in such a way that for a piece that large to survive the explosion would be impossible, not to mention re-entry and crashing. But it’ll be interesting to see how it relates to Palpatine. My prediction is that his force ghost will have a presence there similar to how in Heir to the Empire his presence is sorta in place where he died. I really don’t like the title it sounds like the name of a bad fanfiction that’s about Rey being Luke’s daughter. And I will probably lose it if they make Rey a Skywalker 

Edited by Jabby

3 minutes ago, Jabby said:

Interesting but kinda stupid given how the death star exploded in such a way that for a piece that large to survive the explosion would be impossible

Why would it be impossible? Explosions don't generally completely disintegrate things, and chunks of the Deathstar would probably be large enough to survive re-entry. Also, so what? Its space fantasy. Theres already a thousand thinsg in Star Wars that don't make any sense at all, and never have. 

Just now, Jake the Hutt said:

Why would it be impossible? Explosions don't generally completely disintegrate things, and chunks of the Deathstar would probably be large enough to survive re-entry. Also, so what? Its space fantasy. Theres already a thousand thinsg in Star Wars that don't make any sense at all, and never have. 

Oh I know that lots of things don’t make sense but it kinda ruined the immersion for me, but thats a very large piece of a very large station that kinda got RoTJ176552.jpg vaporised

but don’t get me wrong I still wanna know what they’re gonna do with it

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

I think my only annoyance with the new stuff, more he ST precisely, is the lack of familiar alien extras.

Thank you! This has really bothered me as well!

1 minute ago, Felswrath said:

Best things come in threes huh?

9 hours ago, Jabby said:

I’m hesitant to expect this to be any good but they are bringing back Lando (and maybe Palpatine?) and it seems that there will be new troops. I don’t think I want palpie to return cause it cheapens ROTJ and I’m seriously afraid they’ll ruin him

It doesn't ruin ROTJ any more than Dark Empire did.

12 minutes ago, Lickintoad said:

It doesn't ruin ROTJ any more than Dark Empire did.

Personally I haven’t read Dark Empire but I know the gist of it and I agree, they both cheapen ROTJ. The only difference will be how well they do it I guess

1 hour ago, Jake the Hutt said:

Endor Holocaust
Something that large hitting a planet from orbit is definitely an extinction level event.

3 hours ago, Jabby said:

What do you mean? The interceptor was present in ROTJ. Which makes it worse since they aren’t even making a new ship

It was a play on words of the expression "jumped the shark", the definition of which is "reach a point at which far-fetched events are included merely for the sake of novelty, indicative of a decline in quality."

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Thundershield said:

It was a play on words of the expression "jumped the shark", the definition of which is "reach a point at which far-fetched events are included merely for the sake of novelty, indicative of a decline in quality."

Has also been applied to the Star Wars Franchise in 1980, 1983, 1999, 2002, 2005, 2015, 2017 and now again in 2019.

Edited by Zrob314

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jabby said:

Oh I know that lots of things don’t make sense but it kinda ruined the immersion for me, but thats a very large piece of a very large station that kinda got RoTJ176552.jpg vaporised

but don’t get me wrong I still wanna know what they’re gonna do with it

It certainly is a very bright explosion and what you see is all that brightness. That doesn't mean dark debris of considerable size isn't left behind. Kinda of like when a cars gas tank goes up. Huge fire ball that encompass the whole car, that is actually still there after the explosion.  

My question is, are they on yavin or endor?

Edited by Mep