Sign in to follow this  
Muelmuel

APT and XX9 ruling: a revisit

So here's my scenario: Admo with APT, XX9 and Fire Control Team. When I get a single critical on attack, I can proc FCT to proc APT and XX9 ya? So APT throws a faceup on the defending ship before damage, then XX9 allows just 1 more faceup on the defender if the attack reaches hull?

Wanting to cfm this as I feel it is still possibly a strong combo since I only need to land a single damage to make XX9 useful here and it is still a special crit so it bypasses normal contain tokens

56 minutes ago, Muelmuel said:

So here's my scenario: Admo with APT, XX9 and Fire Control Team. When I get a single critical on attack, I can proc FCT to proc APT and XX9 ya? So APT throws a faceup on the defending ship before damage, then XX9 allows just 1 more faceup on the defender if the attack reaches hull?

Wanting to cfm this as I feel it is still possibly a strong combo since I only need to land a single damage to make XX9 useful here and it is still a special crit so it bypasses normal contain tokens

Correct.

The single scenario it is useful is when you are doing exactly 1 damage to the hull AFTER shields.

Less than 1 and APT alone is just as useful. 2+ damage to the hull and XX9 is just as useful.

Right, at least one remains useful through the combat. I'm thinking Dodonna could help fish for a Projector Misaligned and thus help get the other crit through, else Sato or switch to MC75a with LS to increase general damage output and higher chance of black crits.