Sign in to follow this  
JgzMan

Question about effect timing - Flight Commander, FCT

I'm putting together a really odd build, and I happened across a timing conflict. It SEEMS like I can do this, but if I'm wrong, I'd like to know about it now.

Given:

Pelta-class Command Ship

--Flight Commander

--Rapid Launch Bays

--Fighter Coordination Team

Since FC and FCT both trigger on "after you execute a manuver," it seems like I can carry out my entire Squadron Activation command, and then move the squadrons up to distance 1.

In turn, it seems I should be allowed to move my ship, use FC to resolve my Squadron Command, use the squadron command to place three squadrons, activate them with the squadron command to perform an attack, then use FCT to move them up to distance 1. (assuming not engaged) 

Leaving aside the question of "under what circumstances would this be a good idea," is any part of this illegal? 

Thanks!

Thanks for the answer.

Like I said, I'm not at all sure why I would do this. I'm working on an Imperial fleet that starts with fighters/interceptors, then deploys bombers when the sky is clear. Tried making a rebel version, and hit upon this combo.

To which activation does the "It cannot move this activation" part of RLB refer? If it's the squad's activation there's no problem, but if it's the ship's activation, the ruling for Yavaris should apply, shouldn't it?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, R4Pi3R said:

To which activation does the "It cannot move this activation" part of RLB refer? If it's the squad's activation there's no problem, but if it's the ship's activation, the ruling for Yavaris should apply, shouldn't it?

You know, you could be right in that it’s ship activation, and couldn’t FCT immediately after the drop...

I’ll check it up when I have a few moments

The RLB reallynthrew me off.

EDIT:

checking the FAQ, the FAQ for RLB is only talking about not moving that Squadron acrtivation - but it could theoretically count as ship activation...

BUT

In doing so, we’ve answered the question!

You DO NOT DROP until you’re resolvingbthe Squad Command.

So reveal, delay, FCT triggers... tovdi nothung becaysevyiu haven’t dropped yet... then drop and activate.

or

Reveak, delay. Drop and activate or not, then FCT.

cant interrupt the squad command drop for the FCT move!

Edited by Drasnighta