TalkPolite

Hello there! Spoiled Obi-Wan card at Celebration

2 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I'm in agreement here that Kenobi will in all likelihood be able to spend dodges with his guardian, but I'm not sold on spending them against high velocity shots. With pierce the attacker decided who took the effect of pierce with guardian so it stands to reason for me that high velocity will be no different.

Fair enough, I could see them going either way with it. We'll probably just have to wait on an RRG update to find out.

32 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

I just noticed that if a unit has Guardian, no unit can Guardian for them.

So Obi can’t use Esteemed Leader. 

I don't think you'd want to use it on him anyway. Esteemed Leader loses value the more expensive the unit you have taking hits for your commander who in some instances will be cheaper than the unit taking hits. Clone troopers hit hard and are expensive, so losing out on your attack power may not be worth it. B1's on the other hand are perfect for Esteemed Leader, assuming it works on Droid Troopers.

4 hours ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I don't think you'd want to use it on him anyway. Esteemed Leader loses value the more expensive the unit you have taking hits for your commander who in some instances will be cheaper than the unit taking hits. Clone troopers hit hard and are expensive, so losing out on your attack power may not be worth it. B1's on the other hand are perfect for Esteemed Leader, assuming it works on Droid Troopers.

The clone corps troops are still way cheaper than Obi and if he’s your only commander, you’ll want to keep his 3 courage around as long as possible.

51 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

The clone corps troops are still way cheaper than Obi and if he’s your only commander, you’ll want to keep his 3 courage around as long as possible.

It's a 90ish point unit with the extra trooper and heavy. With that kind of cost for your corp alone, not to mention a commander (Jedi commanders are going to be at least 150), it'll be difficult to fit much more in a list if you plan to run corp heavy armies. It's entirely possible that the extra bodies provided by the corp units may end up being more valuable than extra wounds on your commander, despite the lower cost comparatively.

18 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

It's a 90ish point unit with the extra trooper and heavy. With that kind of cost for your corp alone, not to mention a commander (Jedi commanders are going to be at least 150), it'll be difficult to fit much more in a list if you plan to run corp heavy armies. It's entirely possible that the extra bodies provided by the corp units may end up being more valuable than extra wounds on your commander, despite the lower cost comparatively.

Like most Stormtrooper units, I don’t think the 5th Trooper will be included when people make their lists to help keep point costs down, but clone units will still be expensive at 80 points. The only problem is that you’re giving more importance to a unit that decays as it takes damage. Every point of damage reduces the attack capability of a corps unit, where a commander is just as effective at 1 health as they are at full. And with the Jedi, their attack damage will not be slight (unlike some two dice commanders) and may even exceed the troopers capabilities with keywords such as Pierce. There is also Command cards and courage to consider, as I mentioned before. If you’re using your commander as the Guardian to protect your corps units, the rest of your 1 courage troops will be more susceptible to suppression and will just be run off the table. Don’t forget all those new methods the Imperial faction has for adding suppression, one of Krennic’s Command cards (not to mention Vader’s) could cause your entire army to run.

But I guess we’ll both know which approach is best after we’ve been able to get these units on the table. Just like the T-47, things may look good on paper, but just not work out in real life. The best approach will probably be somewhere in between. 🤔😊

On 4/11/2019 at 4:14 PM, nashjaee said:

Yup! But at 185 points. Still pretty good! I’d like to see his command cards before really judging him or figuring out a build, but he’s looking good.

His 1 pip is called “Hello there!” 

I wasn’t sold on him before, but force reflexes with MOTF, Soresu, and deflect more than make up for it. He’s going to be a defensive unit that can protect clones and deal damage making it easier for the troopers to cleanup. Force reflexes is a definite staple. Overall he looks really good and I can’t wait to see what else they haven’t spoiled for him yet!