TalkPolite

Hello there! Spoiled Obi-Wan card at Celebration

Just now, edmund_pevensie said:

I would think Saber Throw and Force Reflexes would be his bread and butter, but maybe there are more interesting force powers coming

Yeah, but minimally, you need Saber Throw. Force Reflexes is REALLY nice to have, but you can survive without it.

3 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Can you point to where in the RRG that refers to this? I am not convinced it's supported by the RRG, but I may just can't find that part.

To my knowledge, the "of any color" wording when choosing half of dice to include, is only mentioned under Resiliency, specifically for a certain outcome of that effect. It does not appear to be a blanket "when choosing half an amount of variously colored dice..." situation.

It’s possible that they add a line in the RRG to specifically clarify this one (since it never mattered before), but I’m just going off of the card text. It says use half the dice without any further stipulations. So naturally you would choose which ones.

Just now, manoftomorrow010 said:

Obi-wan seems to perfectly show how the Jedi were often depicted when leading the clones, providing a lot of cover by deflecting incoming shots so the boys behind them could fire freely. I couldn't be more excited.

Me too. I CANT WAIT!!

This is almost painfull.🙄🥺😳

2 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Yeah, but minimally, you need Saber Throw. Force Reflexes is REALLY nice to have, but you can survive without it.

True, but it seems like you'd want a dodge on Obi-Wan as much as possible. Will be interested to see if he gains any from his command cards.

Just drop the next Clone Wars article already, FFG!!

3 minutes ago, edmund_pevensie said:

True, but it seems like you'd want a dodge on Obi-Wan as much as possible. Will be interested to see if he gains any from his command cards.

Just drop the next Clone Wars article already, FFG!!

I’m with ya’!

But if FF drops CW articles like it did with X-Wing, we probably won’t hear anything more for two months!

But maybe we’ll get something cause this card was leaked. I just want to see at least one of his Command cards! Then I can die happy. Lol

I hope CW comes out in July. They did say it was coming 3rd quarter.

Posted (edited)

What about that HOPE card? We see commanding presence and force guidance. My guess would be suppression removal or something similar to graffiti as a Command Upgrade card.

I can't make out who is in the picture as that would be an upcoming model.

Edited by Weikel

Just now, Weikel said:

What about that HOPE card? We see commanding presence and force guidance. My guess would be suppression removal or something similar to graffiti as a Command Upgrade card.

HOPE

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"When you are issued an order, place one other unit on the battlefield anywhere on the battlefield not within range 6 of any enemy unit."

:D

Just now, Weikel said:

What about his “Hello There!” card?

I hope it’s on par with Luke’s one pip, but maybe it will be better since Obi costs 15 more than Luke. {shrug} It’s anyone’s guess.🤔

1 minute ago, JediPartisan said:

I hope it’s on par with Luke’s one pip, but maybe it will be better since Obi costs 15 more than Luke. {shrug} It’s anyone’s guess.🤔

Honestly, I've always hoped his "Hello There!" card would do something similar to Reckless Diversion lol

2 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Hello There:

at the beginning of the round remove obi wan from the game and shuffle his order token into the pool.

When you pull Obis command token place him at range 1 of any enemy unit, preferably behind them. Then Activate Obi wan.

Just now, manoftomorrow010 said:

Honestly, I've always hoped his "Hello There!" card would do something similar to Reckless Diversion lol

Oooo, that would be cool.

1 minute ago, Taiowaa said:

Hello There:

at the beginning of the round remove obi wan from the game and shuffle his order token into the pool.

When you pull Obis command token place him at range 1 of any enemy unit, preferably behind them. Then Activate Obi wan.

That would be fun too, but could be dangerous if you don’t have support.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Weikel said:

What about that HOPE card?

Could that just be a force upgrade? It honestly looks like Luke, to me. It would stand to reason it could be Anakin, just as well, if they decide to make them look alike in their art 😜 but Luke would make more sense thematically.

Edited by SpiderMana

1 minute ago, SpiderMana said:

Could that just be a force upgrade? It honestly looks like Luke, to me. It would stand to reason it could be Anakin, just as well, if they decide to make them look alike in their art 😜 but Luke would make more sense thematically.

that defiantly looks like Luke from RotJ movie.

1 minute ago, SpiderMana said:

Yeah, I don’t think it’s a Command card, cause there are no pips in the left corner.

The card on the right, just below Obi’s unit card is Force Guidance. The only thing is Hope is not listed in the upgrade card expansion pack that was supposed to contain all upgrade cards that came with the CW Core set.

9 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

also the last card to the left of hope is command presence which we already have

I bet "Hello There" will be something like:

"Before you activate Obiwan you may perform 2 free move actions.  You may not use charge when using these free actions."

1 minute ago, JediPartisan said:

“Hello There” was something that Alec Guinness said as Obi Wan to R2 in the OT. Ewan McGregor’s Line was paying homage to that line, so the card could do anything depending what the game designers were thinking at the time.

Memes. MEMES.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MEMES.