Jump to content
TalkPolite

Hello there! Spoiled Obi-Wan card at Celebration

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Only? Luke is 160, but has 6 black for attack. Not sure which is better, the rainbow or 6 black?

Math wise with critical 2 its identical to luke's 

Obi will consistently do at least a min amount of damage with 2 red die however.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, this card is in a vacuum. What we don't know is all the Republic specific jedi cards that will be coming or exactly why Obi would be good at guardian beyond spending the dodge token.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, JediPartisan said:

If you Guardian and spend a dodge, if you roll a surge, do you do damage then too?

Or does that only work when you’re the defender?

It totally works that way, so long as Obi-Wan is rolling defense dice.

Edited by thepopemobile100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JediPartisan said:

If you Guardian and spend a dodge, if you roll a surge, do you do damage then too?

Or does that only work when you’re the defender?

The Soresu Mastery keyword seems to indicate that it counts when you guardian as well, so seems like you can deal a wound back then too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

If you Guardian and spend a dodge, if you roll a surge, do you do damage then too?

Or does that only work when you’re the defender?

Yeah, his power specifically adds the "or using Guardian" phrase, because a unit using Guardian X to cancel hits is "not a defender" according to the RRG. So he gets around that rule.

EDIT: Lots o' ninjas lol

Edited by manoftomorrow010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Obi is allowed to spend a dodge during a guardian hit? Right now, you're supposed to spend dodge tokens (from the defender) then decide who will guardian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s another odd question: When using Saber Throw, it just says to use half the dice, but is that a rainbow, or just two red and a black like the new rules for disabled weapons on vehicles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very excited for this faction! I can see the elite feel they’re going for. A bunch of clones sharing dodges and being Guardian’d by Obi-Wan sounds like it’s foing to be tough to punch through. Obi protects them from snipers pretty well, so in the meantime they have an answer to that while we wait for their sniper units at some point?

Lots of questions about Soresu that will need to wait for a rules update, but it looks awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Here’s another odd question: When using Saber Throw, it just says to use half the dice, but is that a rainbow, or just two red and a black like the new rules for disabled weapons on vehicles?

It’s half the number, so you’d get to pick just like the vehicle damage. 2 red, 1 black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JediPartisan said:

That would make Obi’s ranged attack better than Luke’s too.

Yup! But at 185 points. Still pretty good! I’d like to see his command cards before really judging him or figuring out a build, but he’s looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, nashjaee said:

It’s half the number, so you’d get to pick just like the vehicle damage. 2 red, 1 black.

 

3 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

That would make Obi’s ranged attack better than Luke’s too.

Can you point to where in the RRG that refers to this? I am not convinced it's supported by the RRG, but I may just can't find that part.

To my knowledge, the "of any color" wording when choosing half of dice to include, is only mentioned under Resiliency, specifically for a certain outcome of that effect. It does not appear to be a blanket "when choosing half an amount of variously colored dice..." situation.

Edited by manoftomorrow010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nashjaee said:

Yup! But at 185 points. Still pretty good! I’d like to see his command cards before really judging him or figuring out a build, but he’s looking good.

Yeah, just like Vader, Saber Throw might as well be stapled to his card.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JediPartisan said:

Yeah, just like Vader, Saber Throw might as well be stapled to his card.😁

I would think Saber Throw and Force Reflexes would be his bread and butter, but maybe there are more interesting force powers coming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

 

Can you point to where in the RRG that refers to this? I am not convinced it's supported by the RRG, but I may just can't find that part.

To my knowledge, the "of any color" wording when choosing half of dice to include, is only mentioned under Resiliency, specifically for a certain outcome of that effect. It does not appear to be a blanket "when choosing half an amount of variously colored dice..." situation.

There isn’t a general rule. The rule we’re quoting was just for weapon damage on vehicles, but we’re assuming it will be handled the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JediPartisan said:

There isn’t a general rule. The rule we’re quoting was just for weapon damage on vehicles, but we’re assuming it will be handled the same way.

Right, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss part of the RRG that applied it generally. I too expect the updated RRG, following CW release, to apply this principle generally when choosing dice. So for Obi, swing away with 2 Red and a Black!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Yeah, just like Vader, Saber Throw might as well be stapled to his card.😁

Unlike Vader, though, his movement is 2, and based on what we’re seeing—depending on his commander cards and other unseen info—he might be best to use as a shield for your clones anyways.

 

(I still haven’t actually played Legion so this is very theoretical in my head. Admittedly he would be an expensive shield, but.)

Edited by SpiderMana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...