Dardura

Special Edition Vader

On 4/11/2019 at 4:58 PM, azeronbloodmoone said:

you know if you have a 3d printer you should just 3d print the model and sell it for 30 bucks just to drive down the price, also its not a alt art cards or full art. it comes with standard cards and different pose. also 100 for it is about what you would of paid for both the model and also a ticket to the celebration.

That my friend is illegal

My understanding is that you need a ticket to purchase the exclusive Vader, so it isn’t necessarily the first 100 people in line. Having said that, I’m fairly positive the VIPs are buying them all up as each day I have arrived at the booth 5 minutes after the exhibit hall opened and they were sold out.

I am going to make an attempt on Monday - but I suspect it will be sold out then too. I would probably have to wait in line for two hours pre-show to have a chance. 

15 hours ago, Fraggle_Rock said:

My understanding is that you need a ticket to purchase the exclusive Vader, so it isn’t necessarily the first 100 people in line. Having said that, I’m fairly positive the VIPs are buying them all up as each day I have arrived at the booth 5 minutes after the exhibit hall opened and they were sold out.

I am going to make an attempt on Monday - but I suspect it will be sold out then too. I would probably have to wait in line for two hours pre-show to have a chance. 

I mean, I am in there and also seen how it works from being inside during ticket handouts.

You do need a ticket to purchase Vader, but they are handed out to the first 100 in line unless they actively decline it.  

9:30 happened, we were allowed to line up, then she walked down the line handing two tickets (one for Vader, one for Sabine).  She walked down and gave first people the ticket.  Then went to checkout, handed ticket over, and got stuff.

Point is 9:30 was when all 100 tickets are handed out.  So if you want to get one you you have to be there at 9:30 unless they change something Monday/tomorrow.  

It would be nice if FFG, being a company that makes stuff that we want to buy, kinda just made an alt sculpt Vader and Luke and sold them. That way you can get these figures without having to buy another core box. I would like to have another of each figure to play with other paint schemes.

13 minutes ago, Thraug said:

I don't understand the fervor over this miniature. You can just repose one from the core box you put it on some rocks?

I reposed mine when it came out and it looks great.

It’s elitism.

We all suffer from it one way or another.

Whether it’s the elitism of owning something limited.

Whether it’s the elitism of owning something unique you did yourself.

Whether it’s the elitism of “not caring” about it.

6 hours ago, Empire On Ice said:

It would be nice if FFG, being a company that makes stuff that we want to buy, kinda just made an alt sculpt Vader and Luke and sold them. That way you can get these figures without having to buy another core box. I would like to have another of each figure to play with other paint schemes.

I'm pretty sure we will see other versions in the future (game stat wise) I would hope that when that day came, we would get the "original" cards included as well. Honestly,  I wouldn't mind two or three sculpts of Vader floating around as long as I was allowed to use the one I liked the most. 

I mean, who isn't going to sub/modify sculpts of the Fetts once we have both? Or even once we get the Sabine bits? 

On 4/13/2019 at 5:57 PM, LostInDaForce said:

So if they were selling only 10 per day, how could they have all sold out on the first day.

They should have had a limit of amount one person can purchase.

100 per day.  And they sold out of those 100.  Next day another 100. Then another 100. Etc.

500 total.

Also, they did. One per person.  Families could buy more, obviously. But still was only one per person.

5 hours ago, crx3800 said:

I'm pretty sure we will see other versions in the future (game stat wise) I would hope that when that day came, we would get the "original" cards included as well. Honestly,  I wouldn't mind two or three sculpts of Vader floating around as long as I was allowed to use the one I liked the most. 

I mean, who isn't going to sub/modify sculpts of the Fetts once we have both? Or even once we get the Sabine bits? 

wait, wait, wait... What about the "Fetts"? Is it supposed to be more than one Boba Fett or you just guessing we're gonna have a Jango one?

7 minutes ago, Dardura said:

wait, wait, wait... What about the "Fetts"? Is it supposed to be more than one Boba Fett or you just guessing we're gonna have a Jango one?

I'm assuming Jango is a shoe-in for a CIS operative. 

That's my guess. Pretty easy since he's likely just a "different" version of Boba. 

I only say that assuming they tested several versions for Boba Fett (as the OG operative) and it's near impossible to keep some of those ideas from leaking into future models. Especially if someone (Alex?) had a really cool idea he didn't get to implement yet. :D

Most of the booths sold through their limited edition stuff before the doors opened for the regular badges. That's really the whole point of the VIP badges... pretty sure every copy of outer rim was sold out before 10 each day as well in the Chicagoland Games booth.

Also I'm wondering if it was on purpose that they named it Limited Edition Vader. LE Vader. Elevator. I blame Wade

6 hours ago, TallTonyB said:

Most of the booths sold through their limited edition stuff before the doors opened for the regular badges. That's really the whole point of the VIP badges... pretty sure every copy of outer rim was sold out before 10 each day as well in the Chicagoland Games booth.

Also I'm wondering if it was on purpose that they named it Limited Edition Vader. LE Vader. Elevator. I blame Wade

Outer Rim lasted a while because few knew where it was.  I got my Outer Rim copy over an hour after doors opened to general public on the first day.  

On 4/15/2019 at 2:18 AM, Empire On Ice said:

On 4/15/2019 at 3:02 AM, Jabby said:

I understand that ffg wants something special for the events but im pretty sure that they could make loads of money selling alt-sculpts

You and others are assuming that FFG had ANY say in the exclusivity of the model, or the numbers created. Legion only exists because Disney allows FFG to keep the Star Wars license, so if Disney says "Make 500 models of a unique pose exclusively for Celebrations," then you better believe FFG is going to be making exactly 500 copies and only selling it at Celebration.