Dardura

Special Edition Vader

Does any one know how much is it and if there are loads of copies or just a few? Told some people to get me one or two but don't know if they could make it or not...

100/day, VIPs get 30 minute early access.  FFG has the highly coveted Sabine collectors pin.  You have to buy something to buy the pin.  So majority VIPs are grabbing the cheap Vader from some game they don't care about.

Best luck for getting Vader would be offering cash to people in line.

5 hours ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I ordered one on Ebay from somebody that got one.  Still cheaper than attending Celebration

Is it though? There’s one listed for $200; surely that pays for everything if someone has a VIP ticket and gets one every day? (Or that and other tchotchke that you just know a non-attendee would pay many times the normal price)

2 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Is it though? There’s one listed for $200; surely that pays for everything if someone has a VIP ticket and gets one every day? (Or that and other tchotchke that you just know a non-attendee would pay many times the normal price)

If you don't live locally like me and have to buy a plane ticket and possibly take time off of work, then yes.

I got one for $100

you know if you have a 3d printer you should just 3d print the model and sell it for 30 bucks just to drive down the price, also its not a alt art cards or full art. it comes with standard cards and different pose. also 100 for it is about what you would of paid for both the model and also a ticket to the celebration.

8 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

If you don't live locally like me and have to buy a plane ticket and possibly take time off of work, then yes.

I got one for $100

I mean, even the base price is pretty close to more than I’m comfortable spending (on an alternate sculpt) so, meh. 

Just now, azeronbloodmoone said:

you know if you have a 3d printer you should just 3d print the model and sell it for 30 bucks just to drive down the price, also its not a alt art cards or full art. it comes with standard cards and different pose. also 100 for it is about what you would of paid for both the model and also a ticket to the celebration.

I don't have a 3d printer, and once again I would have to fly in to Chicago, get an airBnB or hotel and get transport to and from the event, which would come out to a lot more than $100.

I'm not saying I got a great deal, and I might be kicking myself once more of them hit the market (didn't know about the Sabine pin thing until after purchase) but I'm glad I'm going to get my grubby mits on one.  Vader is still my favorite commander even if hes not the best right now.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Spideyfan629 said:

10am

That is fantastic news on my end.

Does anyone know any details about the Darth Vader Poster that FFG was giving out at Celebration as well? This one...

sw_darren-tan_art (1).jpg

Edited by Shadowshand

Can't understand why people bid so early on ebay to grown up the price to shame levels instead of await and bid the last hours....  Can anyone explain me that? (true, i'm not know ebay so much...)

Shame they are going for so much but if people want it bad enough they will pay for it and that's ok.

I almost had one though! Friend at work was going to the convention with her hubby and couldn't make eit at the last minute.  

Maybe there will be some at Gen-Con that wont be too outrageous. 

8 hours ago, naitsirk said:

Can't understand why people bid so early on ebay to grown up the price to shame levels instead of await and bid the last hours....  Can anyone explain me that? (true, i'm not know ebay so much...)

Bad internet connection can cost you an item if you wait. Also, bidding like that at the end can lead to spending more than you planned rather than just placing a single bid for the max you will pay (eBay only makes you pay the minimum that would be more than someone else's bid).

So if they were selling only 10 per day, how could they have all sold out on the first day.

They should have had a limit of amount one person can purchase.

On 4/11/2019 at 2:23 PM, MajorSmexy said:

100 per day, 500 total, sold out day one 30minutes before opening. 

Edit: so everyone all upset that FFG was being unfair cause what about people who couldn't go? Dont worry, people who can go can't get it either.