gamblertuba

Wave 5 to be Announced Saturday? Where's the speculation?

2 hours ago, eMeM said:

LAAT (or one of the shuttles) would also be a great way to introduce Republic crew cards as currently the selection is... well, Palpatine shouting "I am the crew cards"

And a not very good one for the Republic at that!

Republic Eta-2 has screen time, as do their shuttles (Padme’s, Palpatine’s, Qui-gon and Obi-wan’s), so I’d bank in them before republic z-95 or y-wing. Enough of them in Hyperspace already.

For the rebels i’d like to see the yt-2400 get some nice treatment. It’s very underwhelming right now.

Imperials urgently need more Gunboat.

CIS is tri-fighter or Dooku’s funky sailing shuttle.

Resistance - Meh. Fortress? 

FO - meh? Upsilon?

Scum - I think the IG needs some love, 

For the first five factions Reprints seem most likely IMO. My list will have a bunch of repeats from everyone else's but here it is anyway.

Rebels: A-wing

Empire: Interceptor

Scum: Starviper

Resistance: Star fortress or Falcon

First Order: Upsilon

Republic: LAAT is my hope, but small Y-wing seems possible as well. The ETA-2 and V-wing I would assume are going to be held back for a little while to ensure other roles are covered first.

Separatists: HMP Droid Gunship would be pretty cool IMO, but the Tri-fighter seems like a strong contender as well.

I don't think we'll see card packs announced this wave. The Adepticon panel made it seem like card packs were being considered for X-wing and not actively being planned. Keep asking for them though, and they will probably happen sooner rather than later.

Epic is something that I hope they reveal soon. It's done with development, so Conversion kits could be possible, but Epic isn't exactly something that I'd expect to get announced at Celebration. I always viewed epic as more fringe, and therefore less likely to be shown off at an event designed around trying to draw in new players. Could be wrong though. After all Huge ships on display are likely to turn heads on the floor. 

Maybe a Campaign set of some kind could be possible. Perhaps with a pilot creation and improvement mechanic like you see in HOAC. It probably wont be that, but I can dream.

Looking at the Separatists, I feel like they are lacking a really serious interceptor/arc dodger.  The best thing I can figure for them (and their best chance at a 6 Init pilot) is the Ginivex Fanblade Starfighter (Ventress' ship from the Clone Wars).

The Republic really could use something more support oriented, probably a slow, large-base ship.  I'm thinking an Eta-class Shuttle, a Nu-class Shuttle, or a G-9 Rigger (Anakin's freighter called the Twilight from the Clone Wars).

27 minutes ago, Dr Lucky said:

Looking at the Separatists, I feel like they are lacking a really serious interceptor/arc dodger.  The best thing I can figure for them (and their best chance at a 6 Init pilot) is the Ginivex Fanblade Starfighter (Ventress' ship from the Clone Wars).

Would CIS Asajj really be I6 when Scum Asajj is I4?

1 minute ago, svelok said:

Would CIS Asajj really be I6 when Scum Asajj is I4?

Ventress seems like she's at least close to a match for Anakin in several episodes of Clone Wars, so I feel like she's the best bet Separatists have for Init 6.  Plus, we've already got Dalan Oberos at different Initiative values in different ships (4 in the StarViper versus 3 in the Kimogila) so there is precedent.  If the jump from the clunky Kimogila to the more nimble StarViper accounted for 1 point of Init, I could justify a jump of 2 by moving from the large-base Lancer to a tiny, super nimble ship custom built for her (plus, being younger and in better shape).